2014 Nurburgring 24 hourFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,465 comments
N24 M3 Final setup.jpg

EDIT: LAST MINUTE CHANGE MADE TO THAT:
Spring rate: 16.60-16.10
Rear Anti Roll Bar: 5

Last edited:
The lower front helps these cars a lot through the high speed stuff...my Audi doesn't like being too low so it always takes off over the bumps in the high speed streches. My GTR had tonnes of rake though.

Yeah i know that, but I'm a total noob at setting up cars so just to get some kind of base to test if it's any faster is good. :)

That's basically what I do :lol: with little knowledge of what should do what I just try things and see if it is faster, if not, try something else :lol:

@memto89 @jonnyb1990

I received this Wednesday night/ Thursday morning, this is a conversation between myself and TMB leader Gadget334 whilst my team mate WIDFO was tagged to the PM conversation he did not reply to it, I don't know what to do with it,

Hey Good Luck to you guys on the weekend. Very brave of you to be attempting it as a pair, but good to see you have roped your ladies in for 'back office' support. That will make a big difference.

I suspect that like us, of course you'd like to win, but perhaps more than that you'd like to put the young whippersnappers at CCR in their place and show them that this event is so more than just single lap pace :)

Looking at the grid and the starting driver line up, there are an awful lot of superegos out there at the front of the grid, and I for one am happy to sit back just off of that leading bunch and let that lot race off into the distance and ultimately straight into the armco and each other :)

What say you......?
something I have thought about considering my internet connection can be awful at best sometimes, though it seems more stable then Johan's for what ever reason, so for the safety of the field I personally won't be attacking anyone off the dottinger or GP circuit,

and good luck to you as well,
Point noted. But Dave, although I've seen you DC a few times I can't ever recall seeing much in the way of lag. Certainly not to the extent I've seen (and been victom of LoL) with Johan's.

But hey, if you are going to DC.....can you wait until it is JUST before CCR are going to lap me? ;)
not so much the DC we are worried about, more or less the jumping, for some reason it was quite bad last night for about 30 seconds then go away for ages, poor chozza felt the wrath of australian internet as i went past him on the run up to the karousel, consistently inconsistent hahahahahaha,

I feel this goes against the nature of N24, WEC S3, and the CORE group in general and I'm under the belief that his team mates @Iwasere1 and @Pluxtheduck should be exempt from any repercussions from the above text,

Not sure what the point of that was Dave? Nothing there but some banter between N24 veterans but you've presented it as a kiss and tell.

I am concerned about what you expected our actions to be during the race, There is nothing to tell, only what I feel others should see,

A lot of banter that might or might not be serious...
Actually since you let some of us know about that ahead of the race we got reeeeeal suspicious when you went in to the pits and disconnected just when TMB was ahead of CCR.. But I really hope that was not the case as that would be as much on you as on them. I don't really believe it was that way but the talk before hand just left a bit of a sour taste to that dc as you probably understand.

Actually since you let some of us know about that ahead of the race we got reeeeeal suspicious when you went in to the pits and disconnected just when TMB was ahead of CCR.. But I really hope that was not the case as that would be as much on you as on them. I don't really believe it was that way but the talk before hand just left a bit of a sour taste to that dc as you probably understand.

yes some people did know about it prior to the event, the key people were informed about it prior to the event so they knew what was going on, i was told not to make it public until after the event as to not bring the thread into disrepute whilst it was in the process of being viewed publicly by being advertised in the gtp news feed, now the action has died down i have been given the clear to show it in its unedited form for the rest of your viewing,

our dc was entirely a dc caused by the game day percentage boost, which is what i believe caused the mass dc involving you guys and 90% of the other profiles dc'd at the same time as you were all of the same timezone i believe, we would never ruin the essence of the race by performing such an act of that type, physically intentionally removing another car off the road or run an illegal car,

though our contact with the TMB car may have been viewed as malicious intent by some i assure you and everyone else it was not as we were not competing with that car at the time, i was trying to gap the abl car as that was the car that we had unlapped ourselves from, the fact of the matter was that myself and plux were fatigued and pushing our cars to the limit which unfortunately we were sharing the same real estate and had already lost valuable time trying to allow them through the lap prior, we got the penalty and served it, we did not argue it as it was more fatigue that caused the collision then anything else,

Last edited:
The lower front helps these cars a lot through the high speed stuff...my Audi doesn't like being too low so it always takes off over the bumps in the high speed streches. My GTR had tonnes of rake though.
Yeah I discovered that about the GTR while testing at Spa.

In an online lobby in the GT3 GTR's, set your rear ride height to say, 90, then leave pits and drive through Eau Rouge.

Now return to pit, change rear ride height to 120, and then drive through Eau Rouge. Costs top speed though.

Why would it have mattered if TMB were ahead of us? They were miles behind us and our only worry was p24

As a response to steve though, a bit if banter it may be but on the run up to the race you have made more than one remark about ccr or myself in particular which where rather distasteful and disrespectful, I had a good few complaints from different people about your behaviour towards other competitors, so it's one thing to have a bit of banter in the public eye where it can go back and forth but to keep that kind of message in the private eye seems more like a personal attack.

This is an official warning as you are running in the wec as well and I want nothing of this type of behaviour to be carried over.

Why would it have mattered if TMB were ahead of us? They were miles behind us and our only worry was p24
Yeah it wouldn't have helped them against you guys but being ahead of you during a disconnect gave them a lap and basically the chance to fight for third in the last restart.

I do not believe it was an intentional disconnect, really not! Just saying that the conversations that occurred prior to the race made that disconnect look suspicious. I really don't think FRT would want to help TMB, they have shown no signs of being that friendly with them, especially since they shared that conversations with others ahead of the race.

Ok I will write this as my final response and then hope this can be put to bed and the direction of this thread back to more positive things.

Along with the main organisers I have also worked very hard to play my part in putting on this great event. For sure Memto and Jonny did most of the work but some of the ideas that were successful like multi lobby racing, Team PSN and Skype names, creating a real vs virtual weather simulation tool, publicising the event outside of our little world ( local newspapers) and even the final push of a PM to Jordan to get GTPlanet to publicise the event were all the result of my efforts. I also provided many of the official photos used for the official FB page, and wrote team reviews for all to enjoys. I even created the Christmas Team Cup Down Under which was done as a gift to Dave and the Aussies because I knew how much he loves the Bathurst circuit so I must say this attempt to discredit me has all been a bit of a shock and a dagger in the heart :(

Add that to the effort in preparing TMB's efforts and I hope it's clear that I'd have much more to loose than gain in doing anything underhand. I'm proud of the fact that in 2x24 hr races, a full season of CCS and VLN, and a winning season of WEC Rising Stars my conduct on track has been of the highest order. In all that racing I've only suffered 2 penalties, both for pit Lane exit infringements, and nothing ever for avoidable contact or driving standards, and very few others can claim that.

I played 'Cupid' in getting two extra teams (ABL and RR) to the grid to bolster the numbers ( RR failed at the last hurdle to make it because of Glens real life car issues), and even bought a video capture box so that a second Livestream could run for the Timing Streams.

Apart from normal competitive desire I feel no malice to any of the teams to the extent that when on Saturday morning it was announced that Jonny had to step out of the CCR team to be with his partner, I was disappointed because I wanted all the teams to be at full strength and give a good account of themselves. I did have my doubts about CCR's ability to run at the undoubted quick pace they had for 24 hours as I have seen mistakes made in the lead up series, but CCR proved me wrong and ran a truly impressive race. Matt was brilliant and Tom and James raised their games massively so great respect to them for that. I was wrong.

My initial comment in that conversation with FRT was simply to wish them luck and suggest that as two of the slower ( but N24 experienced) drivers in that first stint it would be my policy to sit back and see what developed up ahead amongst the #1 driver 'real racers' and hopefully benefit from any resulting crashes. It was Dave that bought up the subject of their dodgy internet and my comment was purely a harmless line ( I thought) shared in private. As teams that DC suffer an immediate 1 lap penalty I never expected them to actually do it because for sure they would want to beat us as much as we'd be wanting to avenge our 2012 defeat. Everyone of us says things in private that might appear awkward if that private remark is publicised out of context, but as I've said repeatedly, it was meant in jest.

If that results in a warning for me then so be it. I'll keep my opinions to myself and certainly choose who I share jokes with more carefully in future. But I hope that the many many friends I've made over the past year still trust me, appreciate my efforts and are happy to continue to race with me.

If anyone wants to say anymore about this please PM me privately as we want to keep this thread upbeat and positive after such fantastic weekend.

Peace out!

OK so when do the drivers start getting info :lol:

Damn you're keen Mikey! I must admit to suffering GT6 burnout at the moment. Last year it was 6 weeks before I started thinking about the 'next one', but clearly you are now a signed up 'addict' LoL

Back