2014 Petrobras Brazilian Grand Prix

Although I am more in favor of Nico to win this year, Lewis is by some degree the better driver. How is it as NBC said, that Lewis is able to catch up to Nico every race and still use less fuel? And either Nico was pushing it as hard as he could those last laps, or it was the turbulence which couldn't allow him to pass...
Never said he wasn't. In fact I've said on a number of occasions that Hamilton is quicker. My problem is that most, if not all drivers, big themselves up a little after winning. So I don't see what's wrong with Nico doing it. I've seen a certain someone be a lot more hotheaded on a number of occasions after victory.

Never said he wasn't. In fact I've said on a number of occasions that Hamilton is quicker. My problem is that most, if not all drivers, big themselves up a little after winning. So I don't see what's wrong with Nico doing it. I've seen a certain someone be a lot more hotheaded on a number of occasions after victory.
I never said you didn't, but after watching this season and both of their performances, it's a bit comical to hear it..

You know what would be a great end to this season?

Rosberg winning Abu Dabi, and Hamilton finishing second, and receiving a time penalty that drops him into 3rd.

Imagine the chaos that will erupt on the Internet.
Pmxoooa.gif

Mercedes GP have pirated enough engineering people to keep the momentum going this time, I think. But we'll only really know how well they can keep it up come next season... and whether Honda, Renault or Ferrari will be able to challenge that fantastic motor.

You know what would be a great end to this season?

Rosberg winning Abu Dabi, and Hamilton finishing second, and receiving a time penalty that drops him into 3rd.

"Lewis, Massa is faster than you. Can you confirm?"

:lol:!

There won't be an internet. Mercedes will break it because the secret to Hamilton's success is that his car is powered by the number of Twitter followers he has. Nobody likes Rosberg, so he won't have that problem.

Look, we simply have to accept that Britney is passe (being, as she was, a Big Thing Before Twitter), while the Pussycat Dolls are still (sort of) hip, so obviously, that's advantage, Nicole.

-

But seriously, who cares who wins? This has been a rollercoaster of a season for the team, and if I were in that room with Piquet and Lauda, I would have tried to kiss him, too. Ecstatically happy that they're letting them race it out till the end of the season.

I don't quite get how Massa has been so good with his units given the demolition his car took in Canada and Germany.

From http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29982917:

Title permutations for the final race
Hamilton, 334 points
- Rosberg, 317 points

How the Briton can win the title:

Finish ahead of Rosberg

Finish no lower than second if Rosberg wins

Finish fifth or better if Rosberg doesn't win

Finish sixth or better if Rosberg is not in the top two.

Finish eighth or better if Rosberg misses out on the podium

Finish ninth or better if Rosberg is fifth

How the German can win the title:
Win the race with Hamilton third or lower

Finish second with Hamilton sixth or lower

Finish third with Hamilton seventh or lower

Finish fourth with Hamilton ninth or lower

Finish fifth with Hamilton 10th or lower

Should Hamilton not score any points, Rosberg still must finish no lower than fifth to overturn the 17-point deficit.

My ideal scenario would be Rosberg in 2nd with Massa in the lead, and Hamilton 3rd... then through the last bend of the last lap, Massa's tyre's begin to fail him, allowing Rosberg to pass for the win, but also allowing for Massa to maintain second place... with Hamilton coming home third... then as Rosberg wins the championship, I want Felipe's dad to run down to the pits, point at Lewis and Laugh.

My ideal scenario would be Rosberg in 2nd with Massa in the lead, and Hamilton 3rd... then through the last bend of the last lap, Massa's tyre's begin to fail him, allowing Rosberg to pass for the win, but also allowing for Massa to maintain second place... with Hamilton coming home third... then as Rosberg wins the championship, I want Felipe's dad to run down to the pits, point at Lewis and Laugh.

CUDiV.gif

I can't see any other car getting between the Mercs in the final race. They've both shown that they have the pace to get in front of any other team if they need to. This is going down to reliability and if both Mercs are reliable then Hamilton will be champion. We're deep within the last stages of this season and the Mercs have just finished the last race 40 seconds ahead of the opposition and I can't see that changing for the final race.

Interesting to note that we didn't actually need the double points system to keep the season alive into the final race. OK, it strengthens Nico's position, but there'd still be a chance he could take it anyway without the double points.

So, idiotic and pointless in the end.

Last edited:

:lol:

Sorry but, my own behavior at the end of Brazil '08 was very much like that of the Ferrari mechanics, and Felipe's dad. Given that I'm a dyed in the wool supporter of only things wearing the Blue and White roundel, I was quite surprised to find myself jumping up and down on the coffee table when Massa crossed the line as the champion.. only to loose it seconds later.

This is permissible ONLY if there is footage of Hamilton's dad celebrating with the team prematurely. :D

I think they will be further ahead than they were in Brazil, they've had at least a 1 second a lap advantage at the GP tracks that have lots of high speed corners and long straights.

With footage of Massa's kid counting to 3.
yes.gif

The ideal scenario is both Rosberg and Hamilton retiring with engine problems in the first lap. Then everybody else fights it out with multiple lead changes not caused by the regular pit-stop rotation.
either way, Lewis would have to finish three places before Nico or ahead for the WDC to even change by that logic... Ricciardo is still +50 behind the two.. (probably a lot more with his retirement last weekend).

Dammit

Felipe Massa has rejected Nico Rosberg's call to help him win the 2014 world championship.

Williams' Massa was strong all weekend in Brazil and eventually finished third.

But if Rosberg has any chance of beating his Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton to the title at the Abu Dhabi finale, he needs a strong rival like Massa to split the silver cars on the podium.

"He's the man," said Rosberg after winning at Interlagos. "I need some Felipe Massa help."

Brazilian Massa, however, has bad news for the German.

"I'm not helping anyone," he insisted on Monday to Brazil's Sportv.

"I told him (Rosberg) 'I want to win the race, and not to help you!'" Massa added.

"Nobody helped me when I could have won the championship, in fact a certain German only harmed me," he said.

He is referring to the dramatic Interlagos finale of 2008, when Massa momentarily appeared to have won the title only to find that Hamilton passed the backmarker Timo Glock at the final corner.

Massa says that now, in 2014, Briton Hamilton deserves to beat Rosberg to the drivers' title.

"I think Hamilton does deserve the championship," he said. "But sometimes things turn out in a different way, as we have seen several times."

That sounds like the press turning nothing into something to report, as usual. Nico knows he needs someone like Massa to be between him and Hamilton if he has any chance of the title, but I'm sure his comment was just expressing that rather than asking anyone to actually do anything. Interesting slap down by Massa at the end though. :lol:

Nico just needs to concentrate on winning first, the rest is out of his hands.

... the rest is out of his hands.

Well... that really depends how much he wants the title. Wouldn't be the first time an 'incident' decided the championship.. or the first time a Mercedes driver did something stupid to a team-mate.

Hamilton pulling a Senna on Nico's Prost? Anything's possible, although I think Nico will be desperate to keep things as clean as possible including keeping well away from a very racy Hamilton.

Hamilton pulling a Senna on Nico's Prost? Anything's possible, although I think Nico will be desperate to keep things as clean as possible including keeping well away from a very racy Hamilton.
If they start alongside each other I think Nico will be fully committed to T1, it's Hamilton with something to lose.

Last edited:
RE: Prost-Senna: That's not a gamble Nico would want to take.

And, seeing as he doesn't like being booed, I doubt he'd do it, anyway.

-

Nico may very well win the race. He'll be more eager to do so than Hamilton, if only to prove he can outrace him. But his championship chances depend on a roll of the dice. Hamilton almost ruined his run by being impatient in Brazil. I don't suppose lightning will strike twice...

But then, this is Hamilton... he could very well bung it up. Again.

Latest Posts

Back