2014 Petrobras Brazilian Grand Prix

Lewis has cooked his tires... He's locked up on the first and second to last corner every lap...

Superb job... This is a great win.

Someone get him a pair of brown pants..

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job by Nico. Good recovery by Lewis... and there's no doubt he's been faster on pure pace today... but Nico has driven a calm and collected race, and he deserves this win.

Very popular third for Massa... good recovery from that disastrous pitlane speeding penalty.

Good job Button and Vettel... two guys who won't be in those same seats next year... nor will Alonso... who rounds up the top six.

Nico Rosberg has just beaten Lewis Hamilton in a straight fight! And even I can't quite believe I just typed that sentence! :lol: But he really did. Yes, Lewis spun; but he has no one to blame for that mistake except himself. And while he caught back up to Nico, Rosberg responded to his pace well.

That was a good race. Rosberg did what he needed to do, Hamilton did what he needed to do. Whoever wins Abu Dhabi gets the title, and I think that's just fine.

Nico Rosberg has just beaten Lewis Hamilton in a straight fight! And even I can't quite believe I just typed that sentence! :lol: But he really did. Yes, Lewis spun; but he has no one to blame for that mistake except himself. And while he caught back up to Nico, Rosberg responded to his pace well.
Very easy to defend here though, a pit stop pass was the only hope.

That was a good race. Rosberg did what he needed to do, Hamilton did what he needed to do. Whoever wins Abu Dhabi gets the title, and I think that's just fine.
No if lewis comes 2nd he wins.

Very easy to defend here though, a pit stop pass was the only hope.
Most of the track is hard to pass on, yes. But the first and fourth turns are some of the best passing spots of the whole season; so I think you may be rather biased here.

Basically what will decide the title will be down to Lewis, if he crashes or has relaibility issues Rosberg wins if he doesn't he wins.

The Mercedes can only be 2nd at worst.

Most of the track is hard to pass on, yes. But the first and fourth turns are some of the best passing spots of the whole season; so I think you may be rather biased here.
With same car on similar strategy it's basically impossible.

So come the final race, Lewis would like to win but he knows he could back off and let Nico win and still win the championship.

So providing there's no outside interference or electrical issues, Lewis has a pretty good chance of becoming a two-time champion.

Definitely a big boost to Nico's confidence. All he can do next week is win the race and hope Lewis has trouble.

If Mercedes stays true to form, then Nico still has next year to win that championship... but that doesn't mean he should stop trying for this year.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

👍 Good result from Rosberg, finally showing that he can actually stay in front of Hamilton, although that is a Hamilton who knew he didn't need to pass.

👎 to Hamilton. Spun away a win.

👍 Massa.

👎👎👎 McLaren. Pitted Button too late twice in a row and lost a podium because of it.

Definitely a big boost to Nico's confidence. All he can do next week is win the race and hope Lewis has trouble.

If Mercedes stays true to form, then Nico still has next year to win that championship... but that doesn't mean he should stop trying for this year.

I think Mercedes will go on and have a title winning car for 2-3 more years atleast.

I think Mercedes will go on and have a title winning car for 2-3 more years atleast.
I wouldn't say that... A good contender for it but not guaranteed. If Honda is actually any good next season, it may be a great one for McLaren if they get some magic going on for their car.

Williams is just a step behind in the engine dev, and maybe they will get something going on in winter testing..

Ferrari... Oh boy. Vettle may go there and save them, or not.

But it s definitely to early to call next year's race seeing how far they have come from before the season to here..

Possibily. Although looking back through the teams bloodline, they've not got much of a knack for stringing good seasons together. Remember when in 2004 when they were BAR? They were second only to Ferrari, but the following year wasn't so great. Honda took over in 2006 and they even managed to win a race, but then 2007 came and ohhhh boy! :lol:

Come Brawns take over in 2009 and they were the dominant force; at least for the first half of the season. But the very next season they were stuck in a peculiar no man's land; in the sense that they weren't fighting the three front runners, while being clear of those behind them at the same time.

So can Mercedes break that trend in 2015? Only time will tell!

I wouldn't say that... A good contender for it but not guaranteed. If Honda is actually any good next season, it may be a great one for McLaren if they get some magic going on for their car.

Williams is just a step behind in the engine dev, and maybe they will get something going on in winter testing..

Ferrari... Oh boy. Vettle may go there and save them, or not.

But it s definitely to early to call next year's race seeing how far they have come from before the season to here..
Possibily. Although looking back through the teams bloodline, they've not got much of a knack for stringing good seasons together. Remember when in 2004 when they were BAR? They were second only to Ferrari, but the following year wasn't so great. Honda took over in 2006 and they even managed to win a race, but then 2007 came and ohhhh boy! :lol:

Come Brawns take over in 2009 and they were the dominant force; at least for the first half of the season. But the very next season they were stuck in a peculiar no man's land; in the sense that they weren't fighting the three front runners, while being clear of those behind them at the same time.

So can Mercedes break that trend in 2015? Only time will tell!

Mclaren and Williams and maybe RBR might give them a run for their money, for next year they will be equally impressive though, they have a major headstart.

Maybe, maybe not. Williams look to be a team on the up. With the right engine too.

We don't know what Honda bring to the table, except an incompetent McLaren - who can't do anything even with the right engine.

Renault and Ferrari will close the gap on engine development - it will be funny if Alonso goes to McLaren just as Ferrari produces a great car for Vettel's 5th Championship.

Redbull had a great car this year but the engine cost them a lot. Expect them to be better.

Maybe, maybe not. Williams look to be a team on the up. With the right engine too.

We don't know what Honda bring to the table, except an incompetent McLaren - who can't do anything even with the right engine.

Renault and Ferrari will close the gap on engine development - it will be funny if Alonso goes to McLaren just as Ferrari produces a great car for Vettel's 5th Championship.

Redbull had a great car this year but the engine cost them a lot. Expect them to be better.

Martin Brundle I think said Mercedes already know how to get even more power already out of the engines, like I said they also will improve and have a big headtstart already, my predicition for next year is more of the same but Mclaren and RBR will be closer.

As for next race I want Nico to win the championship but not with double points so hope Lewis does not lose it.

Mclaren and Williams and maybe RBR might give them a run for their money, for next year they will be equally impressive though, they have a major headstart.
Personally I think it depends on the engine unfreeze. If it really does go ahead, it will allow the others to catch up; because that's where a large chunk of Mercedes's advantage comes from. However I can't tell if it's happening or not at the moment. The news seems to be changing from one day to the next.

Personally I think it depends on the engine unfreeze. If it really does go ahead, it will allow the others to catch up; because that's where a large chunk of Mercedes's advantage comes from. However I can't tell if it's happening or not at the moment. The news seems to be changing from one day to the next.

Yeah I meant if they were going with as is now.

Shame Hamilton stayed out a lap too long and made the mistake, he had the pace but not enough to make the pass in the dirty air, we saw how much Alonso struggled to pass Raikonnen even though he was much slower.

Martin Brundle I think said Mercedes already know how to get even more power already out of the engines, like I said they also will improve and have a big headtstart already, my predicition for next year is more of the same but Mclaren and RBR will be closer.
As for next race I want Nico to win the championship but not with double points so hope Lewis does not lose it.
To be Fair if he Retires or crashes he would lose it regardless of double points.

Very good race. Some great racing.

Plusses and minuses of the race:
+Interlagos circuit, the track provides great races year after year and this wasn't exception.
+Rosberg, solid driving through the race and managed to keep Hamilton behind at the end of the race.
+Massa, nice to see him on the podium.
+Ferrari battle at the end, one of the best battles of the season.
–Williams pit crew, how is it possible to lose so much time at pits.
–Things that happened to Bottas, everything that could go wrong went wrong.
–Hamilton's spin, he could have won the race, but no.
–Ferrari dropping cars, that just shouldn't happen.

Did Hulkenberg receive a penalty for forcing Bottas of the track? Has it even been investigated?

Back