2015/16 Premier League & General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,443 comments
  • 102,579 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they done something in this game or is this a Chelsea-like wish?
Chelsea like.
OH MY! Did I just see Capoue scoop nutmeg someone! :eek:
Would have been nice to see that when we had him.
 
Chelsea like.

Would have been nice to see that when we had him.
Capoue looks like a completely changed player. He has been a rock but he can also push up and cause some problems.
 
Slightly disappointed that the Hornets couldn't hold on, but if you told me we'd be ahead of Chelsea after 13 games, well..

And Arsenal have just lost Coquelin to injury. Is it that time of year again? :lol:
 
Slightly disappointed that the Hornets couldn't hold on, but if you told me we'd be ahead of Chelsea after 13 games, well..

And Arsenal have just lost Coquelin to injury. Is it that time of year again? :lol:
I really hope not and..... Morrison has just equalised. 1-1. :banghead:

Edit: Nevermind even worse. 2-1 to West Brom.
 
Vardy with 10 now.
2-1 to West Brom :lol:
 
If it finishes all like it is and Liverpool beat or draw to City then Leicester will top the table.
 
Last edited:
And now Arteta's crocked...
 
Leicester top the table for now with Vardy equalling Van Nistelrooy's consecutive PL scoring record, Needs to score against United next to break it and equal the overall top flight record set by Stan Mortensen.

Bad day for Arsenal, Aguero starts for Man City, Benteke on bench for Liverpool, Messi on bench for Barcelona.

Edit, 0-1 Barca, Suarez!
 
Last edited:
Bayern has just scored the jammiest goal against Schalke. 1-0.

Juventus V. AC Milan later on.

Edit: Meyer has just scored a brilliant goal. 1-1.
 
0-2 Liverpool with a brilliant move finished by Coutinho and also 0-2 Barca with Neymar getting it, City and Real are all over the place....
 
We've got a big chance to gain a lot of ground now.
Well done Leicester but the Phil McNulty will still write about Liverpool or Man Utd. How that man hasn't been fired yet I don't know.
 
3-0 incredible.
 
Fabulous 3rd goal.

Should be 5 up.
 
I had a feeling* Coutinho might pull something out of the bag against City (made him my skipper), first 45 gone and he's been credited with a goal and an assist, get in! Go and get another...

*read; desperate hope

And good ol Sergio getting one... this is turning out quite well. :)
 
I had a feeling* Coutinho might pull something out of the bag against City (made him my skipper), first 45 gone and he's been credited with a goal and an assist, get in! Go and get another...

*read; desperate hope

And good ol Sergio getting one... this is turning out quite well. :)
I forgot about my team in October.
 
City's threat much diminished after Aguero went off... such a fantastic player.
 
Arsenal might need to go and get Kim K back on loan at this rate... :p
 
Two great games with 9 goals, Liverpool with the perfect away performance and were fantastic, Barcelona were superb to hammer Real 0-4 with another perfect away performance, both City and Real were crap...
 
Well... Didn't see that coming. Was expecting 2-2, not 4-1 but very nice to see L'pool play like that. That being said, I don't think City were on form today at all for most of it.

And now we'll see Leicester and United fight it out for the top spot. Never thought I'd ever say those words!
 
Well... Didn't see that coming. Was expecting 2-2, not 4-1 but very nice to see L'pool play like that. That being said, I don't think City were on form today at all for most of it.

And now we'll see Leicester and United fight it out for the top spot. Never thought I'd ever say those words!
Leicester vs United next weekend or should I say Leicester's Vardy goes up against the defence of Manchester United, the team that helped Ruud Van Nistleroy get 11 games in a row.
 
Leicester vs United next weekend or should I say Leicester's Vardy goes up against the defence of Manchester United, the team that helped Ruud Van Nistleroy get 11 games in a row.
I thought it was ten? I don't know much about football though so I am probably mistaken!
 
I thought it was ten? I don't know much about football though so I am probably mistaken!
Sorry yeah 10. I got a tad confused. Vardy has to score against us to take it to 11 games and take the record.
 
Tottenham hammering West Ham right now, just gone 3-0 up, Kane with two and Alderwiereld with other, only 52 mins played, West Ham all over the place!

Spurs won 4-1, Walker and Lanzini with the two other goals, got a bit feisty in the end with some handbags between the players three times....
 
Last edited:
Aren't Spurs like the best team ever guys?
 
I like Leicester. It's so refreshing to see a team other than the typical players at the top. I like ruffling the establishment.

But unless Man United have only won 13 titles and Liverpool have won 0 then Jamie Vardy hasn't equalled anybody's record. He's still got one more game to go before he equals Stan Mortensen's record of scoring in 11 consecutive games for Blackpool in 1951.

Football existed before 1992. The whole "in the Premier League era" really riles me. You can't pick and choose which records and which statistics still count. Saying that Man United have 20 titles but Ruud van Nistelrooij has the record for scoring in the most consecutive games is incompatible.
 
Last edited:
I think that's why it's labelled a Premier League record to be honest.
 
Yeah but that's my point. The whole 'reset button' thing doesn't sit well with me. It should either be a record or not. Like I said, saying that Man United have 20 titles but Ruud van Nistelrooij has the record for scoring in the most consecutive games is incompatible.

And even then, my friend pointed out to me today that even Stan Mortensen's 11 games isn't a record; an Irish striker called Jimmy Dunne of Sheffield United (sorry Famine) scored in 12 consecutive games in 1931/32.

I'd say the only bye allowed would be "post-war" record because the Football League was actually suspended and abandoned during World War Two. That's a reset button, not something a Sky executive decided upon one day.

As the curator of the trivia thread, it should be noted that I take statistics and continuity very seriously. :P
 
Dammit, I was just about to mention Dunne, I had this tab open and I got distracted by the rest of the page. :lol:
 
As the curator of the trivia thread, it should be noted that I take statistics and continuity very seriously. :p
Stats are serious business I guess.:p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back