2015/16 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,443 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only would this solve England's national team woes (in a generation or two), but it would make smarter clubs invest in homes, schools, hospitals and public services in their area and return to being the centre of the community they were in the 1920s.

Jesus. If only...

No word on Xherdan Shaqiri on Sky Sports News...

AC Milan sign Carlos Bacca from Sevilla, he has been linked with clubs of better placing than AC Milan, they have been in the doldrums for a while along with Inter.

Is every rather good player you might have heard about last season going to end up in Milan by September? (Apart from Jackson Martinez, who's going to Madrid instead.)

Inter have signed Miranda from Atletico and Kondogbia from Monaco last week too, what's going on?!

Might as well do my early table predictions for next season.

1) Chelsea
2) Manchester United
3) Arsenal
4) Manchester City
5) Tottenham
6) Liverpool
7) Southampton
8) Everton
18) Aston Villa
19) Norwich
20) Newcastle

I'll say again though, that the FA should make a new regulation that any matchday squad of 15 should include 40% of players born within a million-population circle centred on the pitch's centre spot. Not only would this solve England's national team woes (in a generation or two), but it would make smarter clubs invest in homes, schools, hospitals and public services in their area and return to being the centre of the community they were in the 1920s.
Southampton's scouting idea. They scout people and they get given a host family, if they are not from Southampton, and they are raised and treated like adults. Happened for Bale and happens for others as well.

Well done to England Women on finishing third and getting bronze, furthest any England senior team has been in a major tournament since 1966, fantastic achievement 👍:)

Lukas Podolski has joined Galatasaray from Arsenal for around £2million and it looks Van Persie might join him as certain bookies have suspended betting on him signing for them...

Wasn't van Persie linked to Fenerbahce?

Edit.

Nani is now talking with Fener. They remain silent for now about van Persie.

And Man City is going for Kevin de Bruyne from VfL Wolfsburg. They want to pay €70 million.

You can say what you will about Nani but there's no doubt that he was one of the best wingers in the league in his prime. Good luck in Turkey.

I really fail to see what's wrong with that tweet, but hey, that's todays world.

In other news.

Micronesia's road to the Olympics isn't going very well.

Against Tahiti. 30-0 loss.
Against Fiji. 38-0 loss.
Against Vanuata. 46-0. Yup. Loss.

I really fail to see what's wrong with that tweet, but hey, that's todays world

No, I do think it's incredibly patronising. But listen, fair's fair. Next time England's male team comes home from a competition I expect a tweet like this:

@England @FA After crashing out at the first hurdle again, our boys will be going back to sniffing beak off prozzies and beating up DJs over the summer. #Euro2016 #Losers

Micronesia's road to the Olympics isn't going very well.

Against Tahiti. 30-0 loss.
Against Fiji. 38-0 loss.
Against Vanuata. 46-0. Yup. Loss.

Is it Olympic qualifiers? I thought it was Pacific Island games. Or do they double up as qualifiers as well? Harsh scorelines by any stretch of the imagination.

@FA After crashing out at the first hurdle again, our boys will be going back to sniffing beak off prozzies and beating up DJs over the summer. #Euro2016 #Losers

They really need to do that.

Is it Olympic qualifiers? I thought it was Pacific Island games. Or do they double up as qualifiers as well? Harsh scorelines by any stretch of the imagination.

It's combined. The winner of the Pacific Games gets a ticket for Rio.

@England @FA After crashing out at the first hurdle again, our boys will be going back to sniffing beak off prozzies and beating up DJs over the summer. #Euro2016 #Losers
If they said going back to being fathers, sons and partners nobody would bat an eyelid unlike they have with the tweet that was taken down and if the men won the 3rd place game in the next World Cup headlines would read "roo little roo late" with a picture of a sad Rooney next to it as opposed to "our lionesses roar back" for the women.

Remember I said Barcelona will probably need a midfielder to replace Xavi, well they have signed one, Arda Turan will join from Atletico in January when Barca's transfer ban end in a deal worth around 34 million Euros.

All Premier League, Football League and Conference teams are now back in pre-season training.

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard will make their MLS debuts for New York and Los Angeles this weekend, speaking of New York, Andrea Pirlo has signed for them and that's Lampard Villa and Pirlo in the same team!

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard will make their MLS debuts for New York and Los Angeles this weekend, speaking of New York, Andrea Pirlo has signed for them and that's Lampard Villa and Pirlo in the same team!
The quality around those 3 are poor but I'd love to see that side in the Premiership.

I really want to know if De Gea was in training for Man Utd but it's not stated anywhere.

I was having a chat with a friend over the weekend and I was wondering "What's your 20 club Premiership?" Who would you have as the 20 teams in an ideal season? Who do you think of as a "Premiership team"?

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Coventry City
Chelsea
Derby County
Everton
Fulham
Leeds United
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester United
Manchester City
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton
Sheffield Wednesday
Stoke City
West Ham United

I seem to love what we would now call the sleeping giants; Forest, Wednesday, Leeds. Almost certainly due to them being Premiership teams when I started to get into football.

Not many of the new fixtures have ingrained themselves to me; just Stoke, which is a surprise because I used detest Stoke back in the days when they were in the same division as Wrexham.

Out of those, I'm pretty sure Forest have the shortest Premiership tenure at just five seasons. Stoke run them close on that, though.

Raheem Sterling didn't turn up for training today like he was supposed to, he is also apparently refusing to go on Liverpool's pre-season tour..

Is it too late to change from Manchester City fan to Liverpool?

I told same board that I was a Man City fan, and there is nothing wrong with them it's just when I started getting into Soccer about 3 years ago(Played FIFA 12(Really loved the game)). I first played with Liverpool lol.

That and I like their history I know they are down compared to their earlier years think it was 70's/80's they were very good.

So dam*** I want to turn in my Man City card please lol.

@Zuku You say that like changing your football team is as easy as changing your socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back