2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments
  • 29,831 views
I'm sorry for your parents :lol:

Nah, my dad thought it was an awesome little car and said it was really reliable and would go anywhere. So they seemed to like it.
 
Really? Well I guess I can think of worse cars from GM at the time.
 
There's no reason to feel sorry for someone owning the best compact car on the market in the mid 1980s.
 
Hey guys, whatever happened to the Magnum ???!

What i want to see from Dodge is a Magnum HellCat



HellCat the Magnum !!!
 
Hey guys, whatever happened to the Magnum ???!

What i want to see from Dodge is a Magnum HellCat



HellCat the Magnum !!!
The Magnum didn't sell much, though...
 
Hey guys, whatever happened to the Magnum ???!

What i want to see from Dodge is a Magnum HellCat



HellCat the Magnum !!!
They stopped making it like 5 years ago.
 
Magnum SRT8 will be a future classic. They should totally bring it back.
 
After seeing the bad guys Magnum in The Island, i started to see it as a badass station wagon. Never give much attention to it before.
 
The Zoolander look and the condoms for delusional men made better Magnums than that crappy Dodge ever did...
 
But I bet a last model year SRT Magnum will end up a collector's item.
 
Just clipped this from the live reveal:

charger_hellcat.png
 
That looks great imo

Edit : lets hope the rear looks less like a Dart.
 
204mph top speed + 11.0 NHRA Certified 1/4 Time = Hellcat Charger
 
Last edited:
That's looks amazing, I'd rather have this than the Challenger in two thousand years.
Agreed, it looks badass compared to the challenger. Is there an official time at nurburgring ? I'm curious about how fast does it run. Hope it handles great.
 
Actually the footage that you see of the white one that track it's on and the oval behind it are in Arizona, thus it can be concluded they timed it themselves in Arizona on the test track. However like the Gt500 200mph speed I'm sure if you took it else where it'd be a struggle to pass 190-195. Still that's an awesome top speed either way for a family sedan.
 
Where are their testing grounds out here?

I'm not sure if it's out of Deer Valley or Whittmann

EDIT:

Had to look it up supposedly they stopped using the Whittmann one back in 09 and use the Yucca one outside of Havasu

Yucca_Army_Airfield_2006_Topo.jpg
 
Ah ok, only ones I know of in the Phoenix area are Nissan, VW and Toyota.
 
Actually the footage that you see of the white one that track it's on and the oval behind it are in Arizona, thus it can be concluded they timed it themselves in Arizona on the test track. However like the Gt500 200mph speed I'm sure if you took it else where it'd be a struggle to pass 190-195. Still that's an awesome top speed either way for a family sedan.

The GT500 has never hit 200mph. its a whole discussion about that on Motortrends forum. With a Tailwind, and downhill decent, it only reached 190 (or 195 cant remember the specifics) and then stops accelerating. no where near what was Fords Claim of 200mph.

The Challenger is Drag Limited @ 199. Despite the Charger weighing 4500lbs, its Longer which means it cuts through the air better than the Challenger. It also has a "12%" Aerodynamic improvement over the Challengers
 
Ah ok, only ones I know of in the Phoenix area are Nissan, VW and Toyota.

Volvo and Ford are out here too supposedly. The only one I know of that isn't out here is GM which is in Yuma.

The GT500 has NOT reach 200mph... its a whole discussion about that on Motortrends forum. With a Tailwind, and downhill decent, it only reached 190 (or 195 cant remember the specifics) and then stops accelerating.

The Challenger is Drag Limited @ 199. Despite the Charger weighing 4500lbs, its Longer which means it cuts through the air better than the Challenger. It also has a "12%" Aerodynamic improvement over the Challengers

It did reach 200 mph on a regular basis during their Nardo test with the 2013 as Ford themselves show and say, the also claim they did it out here but when it was taken to Yuma (I think) it wasn't able to do it. Yeah that's great, on the aero improvements also longer doesn't necessarily mean it can cut through the air better, not sure who told you that.
 
Volvo and Ford are out here too supposedly. The only one I know of that isn't out here is GM which is in Yuma.



It did reach 200 mph on a regular basis during their Nardo test with the 2013 as Ford themselves show and say, the also claim they did it out here but when it was taken to Yuma (I think) it wasn't able to do it. Yeah that's great, on the aero improvements also longer doesn't necessarily mean it can cut through the air better, not sure who told you that.

Its on the Video...
 
Its on the Video...

Yeah and that really doesn't mean anything. I watched it and must of missed that part where they said a longer vehicle is better at cutting through the air because if you understand drag/parasitic drag you really don't want that long of a vehicle.

Perhaps in the way they designed it that was the best alternative compared to the shorter Challenger, but I'm sure if they did changed to the front of the challenger as they've done with updates to the Charger they could get better numbers.
 
Yeah and that really doesn't mean anything. I watched it and must of missed that part where they said a longer vehicle is better at cutting through the air because if you understand drag/parasitic drag you really don't want that long of a vehicle.

Perhaps in the way they designed it that was the best alternative compared to the shorter Challenger, but I'm sure if they did changed to the front of the challenger as they've done with updates to the Charger they could get better numbers.

Wouldn't be much difference. From what I can remember, the challengers drag rating is 0.36 for the Hellcat. The non SRT charger was rated at 0.29 or .32 for the last generation.
 
Wouldn't be much difference. From what I can remember, the challengers drag rating is 0.36 for the Hellcat. The non SRT charger was rated at 0.29 or .32 for the last generation.

Sure it would it depends on the design approach they take.
 


Language warning obviously, sorry for the thumbnail can't post just the youtube links.
 
Back