2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments
I wonder how much the of front end was shaped by fuel economy. It's a very nice looking car, but also very different from the last one.

Only if...

1014478_10152358378343711_814053389223466364_n.jpg

I won't be surprised in the slightest if they stick the Hellcats motor in the Charger. ;)

Wouldn't that make the charger the most powerful production 4 door you can buy? :P

I wonder how will the srt8 version looks if the SXT version looks like that. Probably a lot more aggresive than before. I'm just disappointed on how the rear lights looked like they came straight from Dart.

It looks good in some angels but sadly it strikes me as a Avenger/Charger/Dart more than a Charger. Two and Three I really like more so three than two, but the others just don't do anything for me. I guess the one other thing that is good is that the charger and challenger are starting to have more curve or wrap around to their straight lines which makes them seem more modern. A simple thing they should have done from the start.

The front is a bit of a mess, I can see design cues from the Avenger, Dart, old Charger, and even the Durango. Meanwhile the rest of the car looks pretty much unchanged.

Maybe it would look better in a different colour but so far I like it less then the outgoing version.

I think i like it more with the section under the grill colored black. Imo the front looks great but still needs a bit more aggresiveness.

To these UK eyes, that's a cool looking car. Better than the pre-facelift and last gen model for sure.

I can't help buy to react in a similar manner to the Challenger. There's more to do than drop a super engine in it.

Dodge is trying to be the performance division, OK. As a Dodge fan I'm actually glad and surprised.

However if performance division = Hellcat all the things, Dodge will [insert negative thoughts here].

The Challenger made some kind of sense since it wanted to get into a power war with the GT500 & the Camaro. The Charger is just stupid, though. The most powerful sedan on the market & that's all the charm it'll ever have; that tagline. It's nothing more than a product created to justify the pissing contest of power the Hellcat is creating with Ford & GM.

It's a car made to do nothing but boast numbers. Once pen hits paper, there already was (& still is) a sedan from Stuttgart called the Panamera that was hitting all these performance benchmarks in straight lines & then some. Hell, it had numbers that would make the Challenger look over its shoulder, & I'm supposed to be impressed that that powerplant is now in a sedan that will be even slower? I don't know if I have any respect left for this company if its answer continues to be power to everything.

On one hand, I want to excuse it (slightly) because it's borrowing an already existing engine from a very similar car, so it makes sense from that stand point. Dodge is American so drag racing and stuff like that is popular, and this isn't an official announcement. They could be developing a sport sedan Charger along with this, though the chance is probably small. By the end of the year though I hope they announce something, anything, that has nothing to do with 707 HP V-8's.

There was talk of 1500 lbf downforce Vipers and Baracudas. Where are they?

On one hand, I want to excuse it (slightly) because it's borrowing an already existing engine from a very similar car, so it makes sense from that stand point. Dodge is American so drag racing and stuff like that is popular, and this isn't an official announcement. They could be developing a sport sedan Charger along with this, though the chance is probably small. By the end of the year though I hope they announce something, anything, that has nothing to do with 707 HP V-8's.

There was talk of 1500 lbf downforce Vipers and Baracudas. Where are they?
Just do the unthinkable & let the engineers go wild. Charger model based on the principles behind the Z/28 anyone? Just me? Ok. :(

Since the Charger is a considerably nicer car than the Challenger to begin with, I have a lot less problem than with the Hellcat Challenger.

Back