2015 F1 Mechanics/Aero; Design predictions to win the WCC/WDC. READ FIRST POST

According to F1.com we might get to see the return of blown aero with the new wastegate exhausts in 2016. Apparenty there are no restrictions on the placements of the exhaust exit.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...how-exhaust-blowing-could-return-in-2016.html

Should this be the case, what area do you guys think it will be used on?

Not sure it's do-able, that site's generally a turd nowadays. They're definitely wrong when they say that there are no rules for the wastegate positions.

ExhaustRegs.PNG

Red Bull will have Renault's upgraded engine available for this weekend's United States Grand Prix should the four-time world champion team choose to use it, Autosport has learned.

Renault had yet to dip into its allocation of 12 engine development tokens so far this season, but it is understood Renault has now used a "significant" amount of tokens, close to its full allowance.

The decision on whether or not to use the latest spec will be made jointly with Red Bull at Austin.

Any change will incur a grid penalty as Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat have already exceeded their engine allocations.

Renault will make the previous spec, used in Russia, available should Red Bull decide against using the upgraded engine.

It is understood Renault's other customer Toro Rosso, which is close to a deal to use 2015-spec Ferrari engines next year, will not run the Renault upgrade at Austin.

The Renault updates are focused on the internal combustion engine (ICE), with some changes made to the turbo, all of which form part of the French manufacturer's preparations for 2016.

It is understood the Austin update has been validated, having completed a full cycle on the dyno to sign it off for reliability.

Renault will have a few tokens left following this update, however it is unlikely the French manufacturer will use the remainder of its allocation given only three races remain after Austin.

Regardless of whether Red Bull uses the new engine or not, Renault is pushing on with its development plans for next season as it looks to close the deficit to Mercedes and Ferrari.

It remains unclear whether Red Bull will use Renault power next season,with the two parties involved in talks as the former is currently without an engine supply for 2016.

Meanwhile, Renault is locked in talks with Lotus to make the Enstone-based team its works outfit next term.

@NOVOCAINE in relation to the image I posted, those are new brake warmers to dissipate heat into the tires and help keep it there on the instillation lap. Thus allowing Rosberg or Hamilton to back up the field with much colder tires for obvious reasons.

The David Cameron pig joke thing seem amiss here. You tried though

@NOVOCAINE in relation to the image I posted, those are new brake warmers to dissipate heat into the tires and help keep it there on the instillation lap. Thus allowing Rosberg or Hamilton to back up the field with much colder tires for obvious reasons.

I imagine that the contact with the rim brings the air pressure up*, seems obvious now that somebody's thought of it.

*Not a Cameron joke.

I imagine that the contact with the rim brings the air pressure up*, seems obvious now that somebody's thought of it.

*Not a Cameron joke.

Exactly, while also giving the added benefit of heating up the rear brakes a bit and rather not locking up at most tracks on cold brakes into turn one when both of these guys are on the front row at each others throats. Simple and yet clever idea, pretty much defines the thread to a small degree.

Fantastic reads both of them!

Really nice to get a more in depth look at the PU's more inner workings. Amazing how tightly packaged everything is.
It also shows how ambitious Honda has been with their design, but I think that is their only choice if they're to leapfrog Mercedes and Ferrari on the long run.

Red Bull confirm that they never held talks with Volkswagen:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...onfirms-red-bull-did-hold-talks-with-vw-group

Horner also refuses to rule out a switch to Honda - which would be odd, given the RA615H's dismal performance. I can't imagine Honda would be too enthusiastic, given Red Bull's repeated criticisms of Renault - unless they're supremely confident of a resurgence (Jenson Button reckons that they can score consistent points in 2016 and mount a title challenge in 2017).

Red Bull confirm that they never held talks with Volkswagen:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...onfirms-red-bull-did-hold-talks-with-vw-group

Horner also refuses to rule out a switch to Honda - which would be odd, given the RA615H's dismal performance. I can't imagine Honda would be too enthusiastic, given Red Bull's repeated criticisms of Renault - unless they're supremely confident of a resurgence (Jenson Button reckons that they can score consistent points in 2016 and mount a title challenge in 2017).
Yeah the Honda deal was mentioned on the FP1 broadcast here in the states on NBCSN. Maybe Honda has had a change of plans about it's engine program. Things just keep getting stranger, just another day in F1. :P

Maybe Honda has had a change of plans about it's engine program.
I can't imagine Red Bull would be thrilled about any deal, since McLaren is the Honda factory-supported team. The only way it makes sense is if Honda open up Tochigi to people from both teams and/or go on a recruitment drive to poach Ferrari and Mercedes technicians. The only way that would work would be with a forward base, probably at Woking.

I think this Red Bull might use Honda thing is just yet another case of over speculation from Sky. You can be damn sure the contract between Mclaren and honda has clauses to prevent this from happening. It's Ron Dennis we're talking about after all.

For Red Bull it's about swallowing their pride, eat their humble pie and make amends with Renault.

For Red Bull it's about swallowing their pride, eat their humble pie and make amends with Renault.
The consensus within the paddock, media and public is that they have completely mishandled the entire situation and that any future deal with any engine supplier will require serious concessions on the part of Red Bull.

They have to do something. The costs are insane, and the big teams are clearly trying to reinforce the staus quo to protect their position.

Didn't someone post how Honda shut down STR, and by extension RBR in doing so.
Perhaps, but that was all the way back at Suzuka. Honda have since introduced an upgrade, and they feel pretty confident about both it and 2016. Maybe that will be enough to change their mind - after all, their main argument against it in the first place was that the potential for feedback from a second team was negligible given the cost involved. They have a clear path for development now, so that may change. I have heard a rumour that Stoffel Vandoorne could be placed in a Toro Rosso in exchange for a Honda deal for Red Bull. I don't know who would be shown the door at Toro Rosso, but I imagine that Mercedes would be very keen to get their hands on Max Verstappen, who they could place at Manor. That might not sound appealing at face value, but Manor are getting 2016-spec Mercedes engines and will be able to develop an actual chassis rather than appropriate something a year out of date. If they get it right, they could be trading blows with Sauber and Lotus and, depending on what they do, Haas.

Wrong thread and old, but still relevant. This guy went crazy at the Caterham auction, and he's building a CT-05. Plus he has all of the CT-05 CAD files containing the parts and molds. A good look into the intricate details of a F1 car.

https://twitter.com/KevTs

CO2fUniWwAET_x1.jpg

CRToz_rXAAAcOs_.jpg:large

CQ5tKRTXAAQO_b-.jpg:large

CQUqxQ8WoAAG99n.jpg:large

More photos on his Twitter

Wrong thread and old, but still relevant. This guy went crazy at the Caterham auction, and he's building a CT-05. Plus he has all of the CT-05 CAD files containing the parts and molds. A good look into the intricate details of a F1 car.

https://twitter.com/KevTs

CO2fUniWwAET_x1.jpg

CRToz_rXAAAcOs_.jpg:large

CQ5tKRTXAAQO_b-.jpg:large

CQUqxQ8WoAAG99n.jpg:large

More photos on his Twitter
If this guy somehow succeeds...he deserves a medal. :lol: Did he get the Renault engine too? :P

Now just as a thought of boredom...why can't the FIA and F1 allow both V8 or V6T's? Bad example, but in the 70's and 80's they didn't all use the same engine design. If it's cheaper for a manufacturer to make one engine over the other, why not allow a mix? This is probably stupid out loud thinking, but is it that truly impossible? Let the manufacturers have choice over themselves and not have to all agree on the same engine design.

Back