2015 F1 Mechanics/Aero; Design predictions to win the WCC/WDC. READ FIRST POST

Glad you brought this here...and no it's you RBR not Renault. It's funny when you are impatient cause you aren't getting your way and it only makes you fail further. If it were all Renault then I don't think STR would be doing all that good either. However, let's get to the core of this fray, one side sees it as a pissing match to further push RBR out the door hoping for a cheaper sale on STR so they can get away from the sport that "failed them" (RBR). Since as we know it now Renault are in the business of becoming a manufacture team again.

And RBR supposedly have buyers in the wings for the mother team so they can take steps back (not sure why now all of a sudden even if you're not the top team explain 05-08). To me this squabble goes beyond just the performance of an engine. I'm curious as if Renault made some inroad into buying RBR and converting it to Renault F1. Either way currently both sides are fed up with each other for various reasons and time will tell what the root is, because as I said I feel engines aren't that reason.

It has been suggested that if Renault are going to re-enter, then they will buy Toro Rosso. I doubt that Red Bull would like the idea that they built up Toro Rosso's infrastructure, then sold the team to their own engine supplier - especially if Toro Renault then go on to surpass Red Bull.

It has been suggested that if Renault are going to re-enter, then they will buy Toro Rosso. I doubt that Red Bull would like the idea that they built up Toro Rosso's infrastructure, then sold the team to their own engine supplier - especially if Toro Renault then go on to surpass Red Bull.

That's why I said a cheaper sale on STR by making Red Bull just all but want to walk away from the sport. Also I have the feeling that is STR is sold, it's because RBR aren't RBR anymore but just a title sponsor to a new team. Say Audi or some other VAG car manufacture or possibly someone else.

Renault were supposedly looking at buying Toro Rosso, Lotus or Force India, and they like Toro Rosso because of the three, they have no debt. I can't see Red Bull giving up on them too quickly - they'll make Renault pay through the nose.

Renault were supposedly looking at buying Toro Rosso, Lotus or Force India, and they like Toro Rosso because of the three, they have no debt. I can't see Red Bull giving up on them too quickly - they'll make Renault pay through the nose.

Yeah I agree, whether Renault makes them want to run from F1 or not.

Yeah I agree, whether Renault makes them want to run from F1 or not.
I don't think that they're looking to totally quit. Like you suggested, they could become a title sponsor. But why they're doing this now in the build-up to the second round is a mystery, because you wouldn't expect this stuff until the back end of the season, not after a single difficult race. Because unless Red Bull have an alternative ready to go, they'll be stuck doing another eighteen races with an engine they don't like and a supplier they aren't getting along with.

I don't think that they're looking to totally quit. Like you suggested, they could become a title sponsor. But why they're doing this now in the build-up to the second round is a mystery, because you wouldn't expect this stuff until the back end of the season, not after a single difficult race. Because unless Red Bull have an alternative ready to go, they'll be stuck doing another eighteen races with an engine they don't like and a supplier they aren't getting along with.

However, wasn't this call to arms already ignited from last season, and they're just now yelling more at Renault because even Ferrari have jumped over. They were giving the manufacture pressure last year and only relaxed it during moments of success (though only because of an issue in the otherwise absolute armor Mercedes had).

...unless Red Bull have an alternative ready to go, they'll be stuck doing another eighteen races with an engine they don't like and a supplier they aren't getting along with.

And with Ferrari unlikely to supply them and Mercedes having a full order book it may be even longer... unless Honda really pull something out of the bag.

However, wasn't this call to arms already ignited from last season, and they're just now yelling more at Renault because even Ferrari have jumped over. They were giving the manufacture pressure last year and only relaxed it during moments of success (though only because of an issue in the otherwise absolute armor Mercedes had).
There was some pressure, but there was also some progress. Either way, the timing is off - with no team of their own, Renault have worked closely with Red Bull, so surely Red Bull would have gotten a whiff of this before now.

And with Ferrari unlikely to supply them and Mercedes having a full order book it may be even longer... unless Honda really pull something out of the bag.
Honda have said that supplying more teams won't fix their problems, and I doubt Infiniti would like sponsoring a team powered by their rivals.

New W06 FW. Looks like a drastic change.

Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-China-Shanghai-9-April-2015-fotoshowBigImage-ef0078d9-856093.jpg

Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-China-Shanghai-9-April-2015-fotoshowBigImage-3a18a7cc-856095.jpg

The detail....
CCJAXUWWMAApT6M.jpg

f1renault_05_02_02b.jpg

I'd love to see these colours return to F1.

That was only due to the Tobacco company though, and Telfonica too but this set up probably wont ever happen again. And Renault seem too keen on the colors of Black, Yellow and White like they started with and what we last saw in 2010.

Last edited:
Renault have used yellow/black/white since the 70s.

The Mild Seven color won't be returning.

yeah I know I said in 2010 they used it. The post Mild Seven Renault that was pre-2010 used Yellow and white more so due to ING main sponsorship.

Oh my the gods of racing have smiled down on one of the most undeserving teams. So in other words the engine amount for this year has been increased to five now, and so RBR can breath a small sigh of relief. The strat group is going to vote on it from what I could fine so if they give it the green light then it's all good. Because the teams and Supremo all agreed to it.

Back