2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think GTSport will come out mid way through next season and I doubt a switch over would happen in the last couple of rounds.

I don't think GTSport will come out mid way through next season and I doubt a switch over would happen in the last couple of rounds.
while I see your point and agree that a change at the very end of next season would be unlikely, it does seem though that with the way AJ is wording his last post, that the possibility of a mid-season change could happen. It all depends on if PD can release this game around then

I agree it looks realistic, but if this beta testing is to work out bugs in the online for the game, it has potential to be released sooner. I would assume that this coming game, whether it is GT7 or a separate GT game, will just be premium model cars and updated tracks, so most of the work is technically already done other than updated textures of tracks (trees for example). I could be completely wrong but I like to speculate based on info I gather :)

Worth nothing that a swap would need;
The game to be out
Time for people to make enough off line progress to allow them to do online (A 'feature' that is frustrating and annoying)
Time for people to acquire the cars they need
Time for BoP to be re-done for the classes we have racing.
Time for teams to get setups on their newly BoP'd cars.
I have no doubt we can do the above in good time, however it is worth noting they should not be rushed, and that release date is not the soonest we can realistically make a swap to GT7.

Another Factor with what Stig's has just said, is if the physics have been 'overhauled' then it will take not just us mere mortals, but our alien's a good week or so to get up to pace.....
Either way i'll be getting the Demo and seeing how it goes! Just need that C7.R in the lineup and i'll be sweet :P

Another Factor with what Stig's has just said, is if the physics have been 'overhauled' then it will take not just us mere mortals, but our alien's a good week or so to get up to pace.....
Either way i'll be getting the Demo and seeing how it goes! Just need that Riley GTE spec Viper in the lineup and i'll be sweet :P

Fixed ;)

2015 Week 38 Cake Days

The following Registered Drivers are celebrating their GTP Anniversary this week;

6 Years
@Captain Roh

1 Year
@megg230
@Timlour

5005.jpg

Worth nothing that a swap would need;
The game to be out
Time for people to make enough off line progress to allow them to do online (A 'feature' that is frustrating and annoying)
Time for people to acquire the cars they need
Time for BoP to be re-done for the classes we have racing.
Time for teams to get setups on their newly BoP'd cars.
I have no doubt we can do the above in good time, however it is worth noting they should not be rushed, and that release date is not the soonest we can realistically make a swap to GT7.

From what I've seen from GT5 and GT6 releases, it takes players about 6 months to really figure out the setups and how the game works, much less how to balance all the cars with each other, which a couple years after GT6's release it still takes a bit of time to get all of the cars balanced. Money for a new console aside, @AJ this is exactly why a mid-season switch is a bad idea. GT5 and GT6 are incredibly similar, yet they were pretty different, I can only imagine how much different it will be on a new console.

Hey guys,

I know alot of us have Logitech G27 Racing wheels and with GT sport Coming to Ps4 most of us will have to go out and buy another steering wheel to play it, i came across this petition which could potentially add PS4 support for these steering wheels. Link is right below they just need 5000 more people to sign and we should be able to get somewhere.
https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4

Last edited:
Fanatec support added!

kgrgmTOZZyuzztt-128x128-noPad.jpg

Tom Graham
Exeter, United Kingdom
Apr 29, 2015 — I apologise for the lateness of this update

At least get yourself updated!

I thought it was more to do with the g27 not having the software onboard to process its own ffb? Im sure i heard @Famine say this somewhere aswel. May be wrong but i was under the impression the g27 couldnt work on ps4, even if sony wanted it too.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I know alot of us have Logitech G27 Racing wheels and with GT sport Coming to Ps4 most of us will have to go out and buy another steering wheel to play it, i came across this petition which could potentially add PS4 support for these steering wheels. Link is right below they just need 5000 more people to sign and we should be able to get somewhere.
https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4
While it's a great effort and all I don't think it'll go anywhere because this was Logitech's choice to not support the previous wheels and make the G29 so that they can up their profits. You have to look at this in a business perspective, just about everyone has G27's, your competition (Thrustmaster) is coming up with brand new wheels that are dominating the market, why not make a new wheel and discontinue the old one?
So now that the G29 is up and rolling it would be completely ridiculous to add support to the older wheels now, which would kill sales of the G29 and the people who bought one would feel robbed.
I myself had a G27 and a DFGT, but they were getting outdated. Now while I feel the G29 isn't a big enough upgrade for the price that they are asking, it's what Logiteh had to do in order to stay competitive in the Sim racing business.

Now while I feel the G29 isn't a big enough upgrade for the price that they are asking

Given the added Ps4 compatibility, hall effect sensors in the wheel and pedals along with a damper in the brake pedal and the RA functions back from the DFGT, with this in mind the g29 now retails in the UK for £250 which i think is about $380.

According to most of what i have read and watched the g29 has a stronger feedback than the T300, it's also alot cheaper than the t500 and being a g27 user for around 130,000 game miles i'd say it ain't too bad considering a g27 can still cost over £200.

Stick to what you know and if it ain't broke don't fix it. :) :gtpflag:

That is what happens when Geometry and Biology take over your life. :lol::P
I wish I still had Geometry and Biology over OMIS (Operating Management & Information systems): which is basically working with all the Office 365 things that you did not know existed.

...I watched a couple kids light off fireworks in the school autoshop today, that's about as sophisticated as my schooling this year has been :lol:

I just signed up for my new classes. Calc II, Physics II, and all that jazz. (Mechanical Engineering major)

How does this work with warranties (I mean buying online)? Is it ok to talk with Logitech support in case of problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back