2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to decide between the g29 and t300 Ferrari wheel but that price looks tempting.....

How does this work with warranties (I mean buying online)? Is it ok to talk with Logitech support in case of problems?
Provided its new, you have every right to contact Customer support, however I'm not sure about specific details if its not first sale (bought used)

Provided its new, you have every right to contact Customer support, however I'm not sure about specific details if its not first sale (bought used)

Thanks, and yes I wanted to know about buying it new. When I bought my G27 I decided to buy in the shop instead of online just to avoid issues in case I had problems and for warranty matters, but when I had a problem with it I contacted them and everything was fine (it didn't matter how I bought it). I assume it must be ok either way.

Now that the season is over I have noted some comments from some of the teams about their year. Well..why not.

To some of you who may not know about the composition or make up of DART...the initials that make up the name tell the tale.

D is for Disabled.....either 100% civilian or 50% Military.
A is for Antique...all drivers except one must be over 55 years of age....actually one is 73 and another is 68.:boggled:
R is for racing ( or pounding around in the dark!!)
T is for team...and that turned out to be the best part.

The idea came about when Euclid and I were teamed up last year for the Le Mans 24. We only learned after the race that we were both 100% disabled with back and or neck injuries. Euclid's from an industrial accident and mine from combat injuries in SEA maaaannnny years ago. I then raced again in the 2014 Nurburgring race...and was HOOKED.

After the Ring race I asked AJ if we could field a team using the DART concept...he agreed and we were off. Originally we had about 9 guys but ended up with a hard core of about 5. A few who could not tolerate the longish stints or the bizarre hours fell by the wayside into the cheering section.:bowdown: to them for trying.

Very quickly we discovered that for certain races where qualification was not automatic we needed a "rabbit" to help us along. Many thanks to @Adventuruss , @RobbiefromBC, and @MadMax and for their help and advice. All provided setup help as well as notable speed and consistency....and were also FUN.

Here are some comments from two of the guys.....

From @TEX36
The Invitation to join the DART Racing Team changed my perception and enjoyment of "actual endurance racing". The GTP-ES experience only heightened that awareness and understanding of road racing. Our team members were/are a tremendous compilation of talents, experience and understanding.

From @euclid58
GTPES.. I hope to have the chance to do it again next season if that becomes possible.
This year I learned that the hard limit for me is two hours.. After just one hour I am out of my comfort zone, and my pain level starts to affect my concentration.. But two hours is possible though.. If two hour stints become possible I'd like to do more..

(Note: Euclid pulled MANY 2+45s at the Ring and then again at Brands.....thanks Bud.)

Most of us played "hurt" but the only goal was to "not hit $hit and not get hit by $hit"...and oh...yeah....not to let your team mates down....perhaps that was ALL that mattered.

For us it was not about speed...it was about lapping like a metronome knowing that the next lap MIGHT be a bit faster but more importantly...there would be NO LHM...and no need to apologize...to anyone.

We really can't wait for the new season...we are faster (and smarter)...we are still "Gentlemen Drivers"..and we like that role.

The whole experience was summed up during the Nurburgring 24 as I approached the end of my third and last 2+45 stint...pounding around the Nordschliefe in the dead of night . Two great things happened....the sun came up over the Eiffel Mountains ....and my instant messenger dinged....on the straight I looked down. It was a message from Tex....

"you are not alone, ready for DC when you are,"

See you all on track in 2016.

AND...a shout out to the commentator who nicknamed our Sassy Grass Green car...."KERMIT"....WE LOVE IT! The spray guns are ready for next year's cars!

Now that the season is over I have noted some comments from some of the teams about their year. Well..why not.

To some of you who may not know about the composition or make up of DART...the initials that make up the name tell the tale.

D is for Disabled.....either 100% civilian or 50% Military.
A is for Antique...all drivers except one must be over 55 years of age....actually one is 73 and another is 68.:boggled:
R is for racing ( or pounding around in the dark!!)
T is for team...and that turned out to be the best part.

The idea came about when Euclid and I were teamed up last year for the Le Mans 24. We only learned after the race that we were both 100% disabled with back and or neck injuries. Euclid's from an industrial accident and mine from combat injuries in SEA maaaannnny years ago. I then raced again in the 2014 Nurburgring race...and was HOOKED.

After the Ring race I asked AJ if we could field a team using the DART concept...he agreed and we were off. Originally we had about 9 guys but ended up with a hard core of about 5. A few who could not tolerate the longish stints or the bizarre hours fell by the wayside into the cheering section.:bowdown: to them for trying.

Very quickly we discovered that for certain races where qualification was not automatic we needed a "rabbit" to help us along. Many thanks to @Adventuruss , @RobbiefromBC, and @MadMax and for their help and advice. All provided setup help as well as notable speed and consistency....and were also FUN.

Here are some comments from two of the guys.....

From @TEX36
The Invitation to join the DART Racing Team changed my perception and enjoyment of "actual endurance racing". The GTP-ES experience only heightened that awareness and understanding of road racing. Our team members were/are a tremendous compilation of talents, experience and understanding.

From @euclid58
GTPES.. I hope to have the chance to do it again next season if that becomes possible.
This year I learned that the hard limit for me is two hours.. After just one hour I am out of my comfort zone, and my pain level starts to affect my concentration.. But two hours is possible though.. If two hour stints become possible I'd like to do more..

(Note: Euclid pulled MANY 2+45s at the Ring and then again at Brands.....thanks Bud.)

Most of us played "hurt" but the only goal was to "not hit $hit and not get hit by $hit"...and oh...yeah....not to let your team mates down....perhaps that was ALL that mattered.

For us it was not about speed...it was about lapping like a metronome knowing that the next lap MIGHT be a bit faster but more importantly...there would be NO LHM...and no need to apologize...to anyone.

We really can't wait for the new season...we are faster (and smarter)...we are still "Gentlemen Drivers"..and we like that role.

The whole experience was summed up during the Nurburgring 24 as I approached the end of my third and last 2+45 stint...pounding around the Nordschliefe in the dead of night . Two great things happened....the sun came up over the Eiffel Mountains ....and my instant messenger dinged....on the straight I looked down. It was a message from Tex....

"you are not alone, ready for DC when you are,"

See you all on track in 2016.

AND...a shout out to the commentator who nicknamed our Sassy Grass Green car...."KERMIT"....WE LOVE IT! The spray guns are ready for next year's cars!
Reading through this comment, I can't help but feel a little emotional and passionate about what we do here in this community.

It proves a point that I find very difficult to explain in general, let alone to people who don't understand what a series like GTPES does on a social level and see this game like they do the likes of Call of Duty, Destiny, FIFA and other genres like MMORPGs. Okay, it's not quite "social" in the same way as meeting up in the pub for a pint or going out spending copious amounts of money at a nightclub or festival, or even doing an activity like bowling or playing sports... but it does have something very similar in the way that it forms bonds with people and learn about people through doing a hobby we enjoy. Not only that, can you honestly say that in the outside world that many of the "social" things people do involve this level of organisation, trust, teamwork, effort and comradery? How incredible is that? We're separated by continents and oceans, teams of 2-4 people living in upto 4 different timezones working towards a similar goal with 11 other groups doing the exact same thing at the exact same time... Many of us are united under one banner and are of all ages, but some for very unique and truly awe inspiring, touching reasons... just like @Nail-27 's DART team is.

@Nail-27 ... I sincerely hope you realise that what you do with DART is amazing. Gathering a team comprised of Gentlemen gamers all with disablities, with a love for all things driving and racing... bringing them together from across the globe to enjoy this game and this community alongside us young and able-bodied fellows do. As a fit and healthy young man of 26 years old, for you to be disabled and over twice my senior makes you no less of a person than me on any level, to me it makes you more of one than I, in actual fact. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain DART to us all, I feel truly humbled. :)

Last edited:
Bit late after the season end but he's something I quickly threw together in photoshop (showing off my basic skills!). Victory.jpg

I would like to know if there's any news regarding the use of ABS on the TCN-1 cars. Our favourite car for this class is a disaster without it and in my humble opinion it makes no sense not having it.

Let me start by saying I want to race endurance races and join a team in this series.

I'm a member of SNAIL dev 1, however I want more then to race sprints each week. I did enduros with TRL while it was active. That was a good experience. PM me or post here if I can help, and let's go racing.

X

Let me start by saying I want to race endurance races and join a team in this series.

I'm a member of SNAIL dev 1, however I want more then to race sprints each week. I did enduros with TRL while it was active. That was a good experience. PM me or post here if I can help, and let's go racing.

X
Pm Sent.

Xrad. Gets the stamp of approval..I have had the pleasure of riding his bumper ( but never getting any closer ) in SNAIL Pack racing where we use boost to get all door handle to door handle.....he is QUICK and his driving is 👍.

People looking for teams should ask the organization who are the team managers for all the teams and contact them personally. Turtle team manager is Ph1sher but i guess our team is now complete.

Until franchises are awarded its all academic....and this is currentlythe only place to troll for a ride.

Personally I think it would be great for the organizers to create a new thread accessable by all current managers where prospective drivers can announce themselves and that contains all the links to who what when where about GTPES.

As 2016 is just a few weeks away, all of us at Inferno Racing are eagerly awaiting the new season. We’ve learned a lot in our debut season of endurance racing and we have some announcements to make concerning the upcoming season.

As is already clear, Inferno Racing will in fact be participating in the 2016 GTPlanet Endurance Series. Aiding us in this effort will be @DannyB013 who performed exceptionally well on his debut with Team Aqua Racing at the London 12h. His experience in high downforce formula cars will be essential for success in Prototype racing.

We would also like to announce our new logo! After a year of running what was originally a temporary logo, we sat down
and designed our new look for the 2016 season.
inf logo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back