2015 Subaru WRX & STi - WRX Wagon on the way?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 551 comments
car makers should make a special place for wires to go. Wires from GPSs and other stuff are extremely annoying

Car manufacturers should do this: www.ironlight.us

Or they should actually work on a way to cleanly integrate your phone. It's (according to subaru) 2015, are we not aware that folks want the features on their phones while they're driving?

What bothers me is that he has a brand new car and he still has to get a stupid looking aftermarket phone holder with a cable running across his dash ruining everything about his interior.
There's a usb/aux cable in the center console/armrest and the car comes with standard bluetooth.
As for a cable ruining the whole interior...:rolleyes:...it's a subaru, not much to ruin.

There's a usb/aux cable in the center console/armrest and the car comes with standard bluetooth.
As for a cable ruining the whole interior...:rolleyes:...it's a subaru, not much to ruin.

It's a brand new car... it's pathetic.

The new WRX STi has set a new production car lap record on the Isle of Man TT

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/anything-goes/subaru-sets-new-isle-man-tt-lap-record
subaru-impreza-tt-record-017.jpg

Blue tooth should allow him to keep his phone in his pocket or in a cubby. It would be cool to have a holder built in but I haven't seen that on any cars yet so im not expecting Subaru to be the first. :indiff:
I've got a good BT system in my 2011 STI, no reason his shouldn't have it.

Regarding the Isle of Mann stuff. :meh:
It wasn't a stock car. They removed the top speed governor, increased cooling capacity, used a competition spec suspension, etc. Definitely not a stock car (even if the engine remained mostly unchanged).
I hate when they do that sort of thing, it just makes them look bad and impresses no one (since we all know a car can always do better when you modify it).

All that said, I'm really looking forward to getting a close-up look at the new STI.
Dealership keeps saying they don't have any, will call when they do, but if I want to order one... blah blah blah. I'm always having to remind them I drive a STI hatch and have no plans on blindly trading that for a new sedan, I NEED SEAT TIME! :lol:

If this is the sort of cars that are going to be on the market when it is my time for a vehicle, I have something to look forward to, because this is sexy!

That STI looks so dang good. Love it! Blue still looks the best but I am very bias toward blue.

One of the sales reps at the local dealership sent me some pics of a WRX they had in a couple days ago. The day they come in they are gone so I still haven't had a chance to check it out in person. I still like the 04-07 body styles the best. But this is my 2nd favorite body style. Still seems like the WRX needs at least a little bit bigger rear spoiler. I am sure there are already some tasteful aftermarket rear spoilers to spice up the rear a little. I still don't like the wheels at all. Yuck.

untitled.png
untitled3.png
untitled2.png

Last edited:
The new WRX STi has set a new production car lap record on the Isle of Man TT

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/anything-goes/subaru-sets-new-isle-man-tt-lap-record
subaru-impreza-tt-record-017.jpg

It set a new record again....
Here's what Higgins had to say after completing a lap at an average speed of 117.510 and a time of 19 minutes and 15 second:
This was a great run when everything came together and I was able to do a much cleaner lap as I am still learning where I can go flat in this car. I am really happy to beat the lap records set by John McGuiness in the Zero Bikes and the sidecar lap record as John was riding me about that! I can't say enough about the new WRX STI and how much abuse it has taken as we have really ridden it hard over this course for three very fast runs and this is definitely not an easy course. The chassis on this new car is just night and day.

A big thanks to all the organizers and marshals who volunteer their time here and who made this drive happen and also made it a safe run!
Jalopnik

Sat in a WRX Limited and the STI about two weeks ago. For once, the interiors weren't cheap but there's still room for improvement. Today, both were already sold but I caught a glimpse of this one.

2v1taaf.jpg

I know people frown on the CTV WRX but admittedly, I may actually want one.

Blue tooth should allow him to keep his phone in his pocket or in a cubby. It would be cool to have a holder built in but I haven't seen that on any cars yet so im not expecting Subaru to be the first. :indiff:
I've got a good BT system in my 2011 STI, no reason his shouldn't have it.
My 2005 does. But, I still do charge* my phone. I've also got an iPod and a GoPro charge cable.

Yes.

Lots of new WRX/STI's hitting the streets here. Have to say its not a very elegant design, but its definitely striking, especially in Red. Much better then the old one.

It's definitely more eye-catching, yeah, but the hatchback from the previous generation still looked good IMO - especially with the optional Maser GT-aping mostly red taillights - while this, being sedan only, has gotten even more arse-heavy than the last, awkward STI sedan. I mean, look at that black car up the page: those wheels look about 13's thanks to that huge butt boot.

Also, does the regular WRX take the title for highest exhaust tip / engine output ratio?

That STI looks so dang good. Love it! Blue still looks the best but I am very bias toward blue.

One of the sales reps at the local dealership sent me some pics of a WRX they had in a couple days ago. They day they come in they are gone so I still haven't had a chance to check it out in person. I still like the 04-07 body styles the best. But this is my 2nd favorite body style. Still seems like the WRX needs at least a little bit bigger rear spoiler. I am sure there are already some tasteful aftermarket rear spoilers to spice up the rear a little. I still don't like the wheels at all. Yuck.
I can't be the only one thinking those pictures make the car look cheap and just terrible overall. The rear wheel looks like a 13" because of the slab of sheet metal above it. That are also has a bit of a Versa sedan look to it.

Back