2015 USA General Discussion

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 509 comments
It's official in that these are the names of those who are accepted right now. But things can come up. A passport isn't finalized in time, a family issues causes someone to back out, etc. So be patient and maybe you'll get in.

Yeah true anything can happen from now untill we fly out. But as of rite now those are the 20 heading to nationals

Is there a running list of who the actual 20 are?

EDIT: Starting list here. I'll back track through this thread and update.

Bold = confirmed via this thread.

X- @GumballCGT - Ineligible - 2013 champ
1- @Markg198211
2- @Atk_Chopin
3- SprintCupChamp1 (@SprntCupChmp1)
4- GTP_Importlife (@TRL_Importlife)
5- Encvell (@Encvel)
6- @maxking39
7- proper_t11 (@Tyler Utley)
8- GTSC_Prospect
X- @msgt-sd - Not attending
9- EpicGonzago3 (@EpicGonzago)
10- Crystalline_Tear (@Crystalline_T)
11- @ConnorWolf
12- PureCry
13- @CardierWes
14- Hydromatos22 (@Matt Sierras)
XX- @outlaw4rc - Not attending
15- @vovik05
XX- Jethro_King (@JakeKing39) - Ineligible: age
16- @gtr3123
17- BLKJ_Evolution (@BLKJ Evolution)
18- JBstig76
19- milanplachy
20- TRC_LoCoArM3n (@LoCoArMeN)
21- @GTP_Compton3
22- rclynch (@Ryan Lynch) - waitlist
23- @SabirKnight - no email yet
24- awoki96
25- SpiffyDeezy
XX- Let_Canada_In (guessing he's Canadian :))
So I'm 26th then...? Let canada in is not eligible. Connorwolf is filling in tax info.

I know i didn't get a email to go :( but i was wondering did you guys receive the email in your junk mail or just the inbox??? Also what did the email look like. (Can you Smell the desperation lol)

I know i didn't get a email to go :( but i was wondering did you guys receive the email in your junk mail or just the inbox??? Also what did the email look like. (Can you Smell the desperation lol)

I have the same feeling. lol. What place were you?

Just get me to the airport
Put me on the plane
hurry hurry hurry
Before I go insane
I cant control my fingers
I cant control my brain
Oh no no no no no!

No email for you either huh? It must really suck losing by hundredths of a second. I've lost by a tenth and a half (32nd here) and it still sucks... I wish that USA was still solo. We would both have made it. :cheers:

Last edited:
I have the same feeling. lol. What place were you?

Not high enough to even mention lol I'm just curious on what to look for if i make it next year.

The Saturday before the event ended i was in 80th and that was the best i could do with the amount of free time i had. i haven't even bothered looking at the rankings now...

Last edited:
Not high enough to even mention lol I'm just curious on what to look for if i make it next year.
The last confirmed is 24th... why cant USA be solo. :(
The Saturday before the event ended i was in 80th and that was the best i could do with the amount of free time i had. i haven't even bothered looking at the rankings now...
You're in 115th. :) Im in 32nd... as Ive said 100 times and the last confirmed as I know is 24th with the last reserve being 26th. Last year I was 300ish.

Who got their flight info? Because I haven't yet.

Me
Atk_choppin
Proper_t
Vovik
Gtr1321
Trc_locoarmen
Crystalline_tear
Cardierwes

I'm sure almost everyone got their flight info yesterday.

that's list up there is just a few I've heard from that got there's yesterday

Last edited:
Me
Atk_choppin
Proper_t
Vovik
Gtr1321
Trc_locoarmen
Crystalline_tear

And few others that's what I rember off the top of my head
I want to race a GTR too. :( Whoever wins, don't forget to beat the professionals too in 2016. :cheers: Go Nissan! Nothing better than to hear about our friends becoming the best drivers in motorsports. Except for ourselves of course. :lol:

Watch our next year, because I have no choice but to get first. :)

I know where I lost it too... In Indy I broke too early and lost 0.17-0.18 seconds off of my correctly executed points... If I would've done it correctly I would've placed 24th. I couldn't focus at all in the last 2 days, all I could think about is how close I was to winning/losing and that I might not make it. I was also thinking about amateur racing in the last hour. I wouldn't be happy there though I think. It takes years and years to even get into a racing event. Unless you have Oil Company money or something. I've entered an amateur karting league... but I want a GTR... I don't want to be the "Guy that's good at Gran Turismo." It doesn't sound good. Although, there is a guy that has one first place every time for the past 1.5 years. It would feel so good to dethrone the champ in my first ever race (In 5 days.) :D

Last edited:
Top 20 adding Nationals

1 - @Markg198211
2 - @Ricky Wilson
3 - @SprntCupChmp1
4 - @TRL_Importlife
5 - @Encvel
6 - @maxking39
7 - @Tyler Utley
8 - gtsc_prospect
9 - @EpicGonzago
10 - @Crystalline_T
11 - @ConnorWolf
12 - purecry
13 - @CardierWes
14 - @vovik05
15 - @gtr3123
16 - @BLKJ Evolution
17 - jbstig76
18 - milanplachy
19 - @LoCoArMeN
20 - @Ryan Lynch

@SabirKnight slipped into top 20
Wonder who gave up there spot

Here is the official updated list who will attend national finals list. Hydromatos has to back out so Ryan Lynch took his spot. The list could change again we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
You're in 115th. :) Im in 32nd... as Ive said 100 times and the last confirmed as I know is 24th with the last reserve being 26th. Last year I was 300ish.
@sk8er913 What do you think helped you improve so much from last year? I placed 239 in 2014 and this year only reached 159th. I was definitely good for a top 100 spot had I been able to string a good lap. I am a bit frustrated after playing nearly everyday since 2014 GT Academy. I hope online racing like snail and iRacing will help me for next year.

@sk8er913 What do you think helped you improve so much from last year? I placed 239 in 2014 and this year only reached 159th. I was definitely good for a top 100 spot had I been able to string a good lap. I am a bit frustrated after playing nearly everyday since 2014 GT Academy. I hope online racing like snail and iRacing will help me for next year.
Last year I was the 11th fastest DS3 user. And I got a G27 for Christmas.

just got my invite to nationals
Connorworf said Compton pulled out.

Last year I was the 11th fastest DS3 user. And I got a G27 for Christmas.

Connorworf said Compton pulled out.

Connor's wrong gtp_compton didn't back out. He turned in his paper work to late and didn't meet the dead line so that opened a spot for Ryan lynch. Now another spot had to be giving up for sabir to make it.

Connor's wrong gtp_compton didn't back out. He turned in his paper work to late and didn't meet the dead line so that opened a spot for Ryan lynch. Now another spot had to be giving up for sabir to make it.
2 down 5 more to go. When's the plane take off? What date?

So we'll be in Nashville just 24 hours from now. Very excited, and can't wait to meet you all there...

Or perhaps earlier! Apparently, 4 of us will be on the same flight from Denver to Nashville. I'll be wearing my black and red GT Academy T-shirt from last year, so look for me at the gate ;)

So we'll be in Nashville just 24 hours from now. Very excited, and can't wait to meet you all there...

Or perhaps earlier! Apparently, 4 of us will be on the same flight from Denver to Nashville. I'll be wearing my black and red GT Academy T-shirt from last year, so look for me at the gate ;)
I just had a real race. #rookieMistake #notSimulatedInGTproperly #slightlyInjured

Back