2015 USA General Discussion

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 509 comments
I personally enjoyed every minute of Nationals last year. Kept a positive attitude and tried to enjoy myself. Getting frustrated will only give a negative vibe to the judges. Not a good idea.

So here is the overall standings of Day one the sim racing side.

image.jpg

I'll try and give out psn names

P1 - trl_importlife
P2 - maxking
P3 - atk_chopin
P4 - jbstig
P5 - blkj-evolution
P6 - loco_Armen
P7 - sprintcup
P8 - propter_t11
P9 - gtr1321

Thank you guys so much for a great day. As we talked about at dinner tonight, this was some of the best and most competitive racing we have seen at nationals.

My favorite thing, though, is getting to meet you all. It's one of the few times each year where I have a chance to talk with people from GTP and it's always a treat. Good luck on the next round of challenges tomorrow!

Its been really cool meeting some new competitors over here in Nashville. It's always nice to make new friends. This year was super competitive, specially the physical challenges.

The results will be posted on GT Academy North Americas Facebook page sometime this week I believe.

I wonder if we will get to see anything they did yesterday. Last year they didn't show any of the driving from the finals in the GT Academy episodes, kind of went straight to Silverstone. Would be interesting to know how much they weighted yesterday's stuff vs. the virtual racing that happened Wednesday.

The twitch feed with the virtual racing Wednesday was great.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the finalists! Some familiar names up there (and one I'm shocked isn't, again). Especially happy for Armen; he should've gone the year I went to Finals.

Thanks man! It took me a while to get here, but it was worth the wait. So stoked!

And here are the finalists from left to right for people that dont know:

@Tyler Utley, @Ryan Lynch , @maxking39, @vovik05, @BLKJ Evolution, @LoCoArMeN

EDIT: You can also check out what happened on day 2 on the B-Roll cut posted on Nissannews.com. Video will be on the right side of the screen. You can see me driving at 5:48 :D

Link:http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/...ed-spot-at-international-race-camp-in-england

Last edited:
Nice find! Looks like some fun driving 👍
Did they let you walk the course first to help you know where to go?
I love the judge/instructor guy riding along at 5:08 is using the ebrake as a handle lol. Perhaps not the best idea :)

Seemed like you were the only one excited to be picked at the end there.
Congrats to everyone!

Thanks man! It took me a while to get here, but it was worth the wait. So stoked!

EDIT: You can also check out what happened on day 2 on the B-Roll cut posted on Nissannews.com. Video will be on the right side of the screen. You can see me driving at 5:48 :D

Link:http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/...ed-spot-at-international-race-camp-in-england
Good stuff!

I would've utterly failed in the physical challenges. See, I used to be a really heavyset guy. While I got the weight off, I'm eventually going to need surgery on my stomach so I can breathe easier.

Congrats gents, see you at Silverstone ;)

Nice find! Looks like some fun driving 👍
Did they let you walk the course first to help you know where to go?
I love the judge/instructor guy riding along at 5:08 is using the ebrake as a handle lol. Perhaps not the best idea :)

Seemed like you were the only one excited to be picked at the end there.
Congrats to everyone!

We had a track walk, and 2 hot laps. The track was fairly straight forward. the only thing that caught people off guard was how late you can brake with this car.

As for being excited, it still hasn't set in that I'm actually going to silverstone haha. I'm still soaking it in.

Good stuff!

I would've utterly failed in the physical challenges. See, I used to be a really heavyset guy. While I got the weight off, I'm eventually going to need surgery on my stomach so I can breathe easier.

Yea it was pretty intense. To my surprise, almost everyone was in pretty good physical shape. I believe someone did 70 push up, and a few guys went over 5 minutes on the plank challenge.

Congrats gents, see you at Silverstone ;)

Looking forward to it man! A lot of good talent coming from all the regions.

Yea it was pretty intense. To my surprise, almost everyone was in pretty good physical shape. I believe someone did 70 push up, and a few guys went over 5 minutes on the plank challenge.
I think my max is 20, 21 if you count my sagging skin drooping down. :lol:

Congrats top 6!!!

I am a bit suprised though, about the non inclusion of a certain competitor who dominated day 1. I know it's probably a sore subject, but does anyone know what happened? He seemed to want it more than anyone. I definately feel for him. Heartbreaking :(

Congrats top 6!!!

I am a bit suprised though, about the non inclusion of a certain competitor who dominated day 1. I know it's probably a sore subject, but does anyone know what happened? He seemed to want it more than anyone. I definately feel for him. Heartbreaking :(

What's up man it's just the way the cards landed it was super close across the board for both days.

I atleast can say I'm an alternate for race camp :crazy:

Hello gents, I need some help.

One of the other north african (finalists) got disqualified for his racing experience, we think it's a bit unfair since he doesn't hold a national A license nor did he really compete in anything aside from some karting championships, so we're hoping to get some sort of racing background information regarding previous GTacademy winners/finalists so he could hopefully have the decision reversed, would be really appreciated :cheers:

I believe that you are not allowed to have run more than 2 seasons in a national series even if no A licence was issued.

Don't know about former GT Academy winners, but I am sure Nissan does its homework.

Yes I was wondering this too! What are the rules of being Active in motorsports for future GT Academy candidates

Hello gents, I need some help.

One of the other north african (finalists) got disqualified for his racing experience, we think it's a bit unfair since he doesn't hold a national A license nor did he really compete in anything aside from some karting championships, so we're hoping to get some sort of racing background information regarding previous GTacademy winners/finalists so he could hopefully have the decision reversed, would be really appreciated :cheers:
That really sucks. :yuck: I think I'll have half of a racing license next year.

Back