• 2,138 comments

Do you want a Team GB football team?

• Yes - Full integration

• Yes - A limited one

• I Don't Know

• Indifferent

• No, Not At All

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like Spurs are signing Wanyama. Can't say that I'm crazy about this signing, but he'll hopefully be a good depth player, and offers something that Carroll or Mason can't.

He'll probably be good in the Champions League games, helping to disrupt the passing of better teams. His only real issue is keeping himself on the pitch.

I don't think he'll be in the champions league games, I reckon he'll be used as rotation for Dier and Dembele for cup and lesser league games. Of course, Dembele is out for the first 4 and nobody knows what's going on with Nabil Bentaleb so he'll probably start them 4.

Makes sense for both parties I guess. Spurs are very reliant on Dier in that DM role, good to have quality cover with the busy fixture list in the upcoming season. Spurs don't have any other first team dedicated DMs, do they @Akmuq

It also gives Pochettino tactical options for difficult away fixtures in Europe - most teams are going to struggle against Dier and Wanyama sitting in front of the back four.

Nah @Vegard, just Bentaleb, who will either be awesome, awful or not at the club next season.

All of our CB's can play DM, but that would leave us wanting more centre backs.:lol:

Villa have signed Tommy Elphick from Bournemouth on a three year deal.

image.png

He won't do well at the Euro's, he doesn't have the stars which surround him. I would be surprised if Wales even get out of the group stage.

-Bale is the current top scorer at the Euros
-Bale is Wales' all-time top scorer at international competitions, overtaking Ivor Allchurch's 2 at WC58
-Bale has scored 3 goals by himself, England have scored 3 in total.
-Wales have so far scored more at Euro 2016 (6) than England have at Euro 2016 (3) and World Cup 2014 (2) despite Wales not being at Brazil
-Former Wrexham captain and north east Wales native Neil Taylor scored his first goal for Wales and first goal since Wrexham vs Grays in 2010
-Wayne Hennessey went to my high school
(-Wales' 3rd choice keeper Owain Fon Williams is a distant cousin of mine)

I grew up fewer than 10 miles from the English border and have had to deal with a lot of guff over the years in a heavily anglicised part of the country.
Just let me be insufferable for a day and revel in this.

ClbGzmwWkAAMxBK.jpg:large

Last edited:
Real Madrid have announced that they have activated the buy back clause in Alvaro Morata's Juve contract....

Also rumours of Pogba going to Real and Mkhitatyan going to Man United, yes I had to look up his name to spell it!

I distinctly remember when he was linked to Liverpool and ended up signing for Dortmund, that he was just referred to as "that Armenian Midfielder from Shakhtar.":lol:

As someone mentioned previously about RB Leipzig then they look to have lost the race to get Breel Embolo as he is set to join Schalke for around £15m with Leroy Sane strongly linked to Man City.

As someone mentioned previously about RB Leipzig then they look to have lost the race to get Breel Embolo as he is set to join Schalke for around £15m with Leroy Sane strongly linked to Man City.
Looks like Leipzig will get Timo Werner too.

Looks like Leipzig will get Timo Werner too.
They already signed him but weirdly not many links to Kostic who has been brilliant last season. Still can't believe Stuttgart have been relegated with the likes of Maxim, Harnik and Die plus they have Rudiger coming back from his loan.

Stilyan Petrov will train with the Aston Villa first team next week when they report back for pre-season training, Petrov is making his comeback after diagnosed with Leukemia a few years ago...

Stilyan Petrov will train with the Aston Villa first team next week when they report back for pre-season training, Petrov is making his comeback after diagnosed with Leukemia a few years ago...
Best news I've heard all day, he was one of my boyhood heroes...

article-2123075-0082E7791000044C-131_634x426.jpg

Looks like Southampton are wasting no time in spending the Wanyama money, Nathan Redmond having a medical there in a £11 million pound move, which is about the same they got for Wanyama, seems a good move, I like Redmond he is really good young player IMO.

Looks like Southampton are wasting no time in spending the Wanyama money, Nathan Redmond having a medical there in a £11 million pound move, which is about the same they got for Wanyama, seems a good move, I like Redmond he is really good young player IMO.

The reason why they are getting Nathan Redmond is because...

Well I don't even want to go there. :banghead:

Latest Posts

Back