Man United 2-0 Crystal Palace
Southampton 0-1 Stoke
Swansea 2-1 West Brom
Watford 0-5 Man City

So many goals!!

Unlucky Arsenal....
And the Southampton game.

DAWNuPyXkAUwww0.jpg:large

Unbelievable tribute to the Lisbon Lions today. Never experienced anything like it with my own eyes. Capped off with a 2-0 win securing a 38-game league season unbeaten. Now, onto next week's cup final. :D

Simply incredible.

John Terry went off on 26 minutes which is his shirt number and had a guard of honour from his team-mates
I'm struggling to think of a more 'John Terry' thing to do. He probably organised the whole thing himself.

In contrast, Xabi Alonso and Phillip Lahm both played the last game of their career yesterday and was subbed off in the last 10 minutes, walking normally off the pitch while applauding the crowd.

In contrast, Xabi Alonso and Phillip Lahm both played the last game of their career yesterday and was subbed off in the last 10 minutes, walking normally off the pitch while applauding the crowd.
You don't normally hug every single member of your team, and the referee, after being subbed, so while I understand your sentiment, your point is a bit invalid.

Really proud of the United youngsters who put in an impressive shift today, future looks good. 👍

I'm struggling to think of a more 'John Terry' thing to do. He probably organised the whole thing himself.
How about not being selected then appearing on the pitch afterwards in full kit. Or "pulling a John Terry" as it's commonly known.

Really proud of the United youngsters who put in an impressive shift today, future looks good. 👍

Hopefully their chances will continue next year. The board seem happy to fund Mourinho's drive for new players for high sums but it has to be met with an attitude for pushing youngsters and playing attacking football. All he needs to do is tweak his style and the big stars won't get as tired and less injuries will happen to them.

Well, indeed. We're approaching the end of this thread but we're not quite done with the managerial casualties.

Watford have pulled a Watford and parted company with a manager who kept them up in a consolidated position. Just like they did with Slavisa Jokanovic last season.

Sunderland... well, they've gone down and Moyes won't be taking them back up.

21st May - Walter Mazzarri (Watford, resigned) Premier League
22nd May - David Moyes (Sunderland, resigned) Premier League

Sackings: 35
Resignations: 12

Total: 47

Just the play-offs and FA cup to be sorted. :)

Last edited:
As much as Defoe is starting to get towards the older end of his career, he's still proving to be a useful striker. Sounds like Bournemouth are getting the jump on everyone else. I can image pretty much all teams in the lower half of the Premier League want his services for next season.

I'm sure he'd be happier on the south coast as it's closer to his London background. In my opinion none of the London teams would go for him so Bournemouth, or possibly Brighton, would be a handy move for him.

Hey, remember when Jermaine Defoe **** the bed for Toronto FC?

I remember those days, remembered when TSN hyped him up as, literally, 'a really big deal' :lol:

I think West Brom would be a great fit for him. Having someone with experience up front could help them not only consolidate their great season into another, but he could help Rondon become a better striker. He seems to be wildly inconsistent, and a top striker like Defoe could help him make the step up.

John Terry has confirmed that his orchestrated departure in the 26th minute was his idea, which will come as no surprise to anyone!

Hey, remember when Jermaine Defoe **** the bed for Toronto FC?

I remember those days, remembered when TSN hyped him up as, literally, 'a really big deal' :lol:
Wow that deal worked out well for everyone. Toronto got rid of a player only there for the money and Sunderland managed to get rid of the legend that is Jozy Altidore.

Back