2016 Ford Focus RS (Price starts at £28,940/US$35,730)

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTboyz
  • 252 comments
  • 30,978 views
It'll most likely be a 5-door since the Focus ST was a 5-door.
Well every Focus RS has been a 3 door, but chances are it will be a 5 door as they haven't made a 3 door version of this focus.
 
A 3 door focus would look like a Fiesta ST.
 
Mk6 could only do 50%, Mk7 can put 100%.

Thats why you can see countless videos of people drifting them..
But the mk7 is lacking a center diff just as the mk6, isn't it? Therefore front wheels ALWAYS get some power.
 
But the mk7 is lacking a center diff just as the mk6, isn't it? Therefore front wheels ALWAYS get some power.
It uses a Hydro-electric pump that allows it to switch to RWD.
 
Another Focus RS render. I think I would like this one better in blue.
75457d1416838958-2016-ford-focus-rs-rendered-based-spied-test-mules-ford-focus-rs-2015.jpg
 
It uses a Hydro-electric pump that allows it to switch to RWD.
Rear wheels never get 100% of the power. Not sure how many times/ways I can say that.
 
Another Focus RS render. I think I would like this one better in blue.
75457d1416838958-2016-ford-focus-rs-rendered-based-spied-test-mules-ford-focus-rs-2015.jpg

With that VW+Porsche+Audi lower bumper :sly: , makes it look shorter and tougher from this angle. I cant wait to see it in the showroom.
 
Yeah, ST did get wagon versions, but the RS never did.
 
My pictures of one of the recent prototypes. I like how it looks except for the thing in the grill.
19976088735_c84f8e9e21_c.jpg


19788038138_d5102a0820_c.jpg


19976089935_69a8e1eb6c_c.jpg
 
You mean the front bumper that is regulated by the NHTSA along with the front spliter having the sharp teeth like prongs on each end
 
You mean the front bumper that is regulated by the NHTSA along with the front spliter having the sharp teeth like prongs on each end
I think, you're talking about what's in the grille right?

Of course that explains it, the fricken NHTSA! I don't like out bumper regulations.
 
I think, you're talking about what's in the grille right?

Of course that explains it, the fricken NHTSA! I don't like out bumper regulations.

Yeah the black cross section with the RS on it is what I thinking you were talking about, I believe if I remember correctly it's to take place of a bumper or just a measure of safety.
 
I'm sure there will be delete modifications of those.
 
I'm sure there will be delete modifications of those.

Not from the factory there wont be, cause then it wouldn't be of to safety spec it is a mandated thing from the NHTSA.
 
I'm sure there will be delete modifications of those.

Aftermarket companies probably won't be worried about that. If the ST is anything to go by, aftermarket companies will be trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of the engine they can, especially Cobb and Steeda.
 
Not from the factory there wont be, cause then it wouldn't be of to safety spec it is a mandated thing from the NHTSA.
I'm sure the manufacturers wouldn't do that, the NHTSA would go all up in their business if that happened.
 
What are the little "teeth" things on the front bumpers for? Aerodynamics or some safety regulations?
 
I keep forgetting about those "fangs" that are on some car bumpers now. I usually never notice them until someone points it out.
 
How in anyway would that be safe for a pedestrian? You still got hit by a car.
 
I always thought they were part of the design.
 
What are the little "teeth" things on the front bumpers for? Aerodynamics or some safety regulations?

To make it extra stingrayish. Form over function, at least on the C7. It serves no purpose as a splitter and actually makes things worse, aerodynamically. As for pedestrian safety, think of the fangs not as something they added, but as the missing middle piece being something they had to remove.

Some other cars use those "fangs" to start a vortex channel aimed at the wheels for brake cooling. The new Mustang has cutouts on its front undertray doing just that. I'm sure the Focus RS will have them too.
 
I'm sure the manufacturers wouldn't do that, the NHTSA would go all up in their business if that happened.

That's what I just said...that you quoted...don't confuse me Kenshin

What are the little "teeth" things on the front bumpers for? Aerodynamics or some safety regulations?

As I said safety and as expanded on by others yeah it has some features that even I don't know of to make it more safe. I think best solution is don't hit a person 💡

I always thought they were part of the design.

Nope I remember GM themselves talking about this on some video when relating the C7R and C7 builds.
 
Back