2016 Formula 1 Großer Preis von Deutschland

Is there a word for topping every practice session then Grand Slamming a race? Rosberg could do it this weekend.
Not that I'm aware of. This:
Grand Chelem.
only means to qualify on pole and win without relinquishing the lead at any point in the race, recording the fastest lap.

Edit: Just checking, it seems that only two drivers have set a Grand Chelem and finished fastest in every session. Mika Hakkinen at Brazil in 1998 and Hamilton at Italy in 2015...

Last edited:
The outside of the track needs those arrestor cables you get on the roof of a fast jet aircraft carrier... run over them and forward velocity removed and some Giorgio Moroder for the Track PA system. (He drove into the Danger zone)
Who need Val Kilmer when we have Kimi "Iceman" Räikkönen, Bernie is tall enough to double for Tom Cruise.

As much as I'd like for it to happen, I doubt Rosberg will get a grand slam. If he keeps his lead, he's gonna get pitted first, giving old Lewie the lead for at least 1 lap

The good news is it's raining cats and dogs.

That's it actually, there's no bad news to this. :P

Unless you're a Rosberg fan, I guess. But he won't win under wet conditions.

I say, if the weather stays like this, Verstappen will win. (I know Hamilton is also good in rain, but that's boooooring).

Or maybe Raikonnen is still mad at the young Dutch man and finds his pace back?

Not sure why Verstappen gets criticised for his defence. Watching the GP2 sprint race, Ollie Rowland was pulling some really dirty moves, backing drivers into each other and violently forcing them across the track to avoid contact.

Not sure why Verstappen gets criticised for his defence. Watching the GP2 sprint race, Ollie Rowland was pulling some really dirty moves, backing drivers into each other and violently forcing them across the track to avoid contact.
Because it really looked like he was zig zagging in front of Raikonnen, into a corner. This is usually seen as dirty driving, mostly because it easily leads to a crash. Also froned up on in Formula One, don't know how it is in the lower series though.

Uhh... where is it raining?

Over my house! Ergo it must rain there, too!
(It's 100km away from my house though)

Are you saying it isn't? The weather is really super bad here at the moment...

The rain it raineth everyday. It raineth on the just and it raineth on the unjust. But mainly it raineth on the just, since the unjust fella stole the other's umbrella.
Lol.

Because it really looked like he was zig zagging in front of Raikonnen, into a corner.
The contentious one - the contact that saw the Ferrari lose part of its front wing - was mostly down to Räikkönen weaving about. But compared to Rowland's moves, it was a picture of gentlemanly conduct.

Over my house! Ergo it must rain there, too!
(It's 100km away from my house though)

Are you saying it isn't? The weather is really super bad here at the moment...

Lol.
Yeah it's not. Just partly cloudy. Only a 5-10% chance for rain apparently during the race.

Yeah, damn, this looks really sunny... sorry, I just woke up, saw it's raining and thought it would there, too and was really happy since that meant it wouldn't be a boring race... it's sunny here now, too, a little cloudy, but still ...

Rosberg makes a horror start!

Great racing by Ricciardo and Rosberg. Nice and aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
This comment regarding the start is only slightly slower than Nico's start.

Also:

Go, Maxie. :D

Man Riccardo and Rosburg.

I wonder if max will have to give the place back since he exceeded track limits to pass dan.

Well it seems the FIA yo-yo on the exceeding track rules.

One race they clamp down, the other race they ignore it.
Yeah I think basically they are being used as a marionette by the teams to change the rules. I think it's rediculous that Ferrari have a Veto on changes above all the teams

They literally change rules by the day now.
Next it will be by the minute

Some drivers having rear tires issue, and I saw on some parts, the cars were sparking, maybe bottom out at high speed.

Bad start by Rosberg giving Hamilton plenty of lead after 1st pit stop, now I just wait for more exciting stuff like rain or tire blow out :D

Well, I'll check back in an hour... if the headline isn't a variation of "Hamilton wins in Germany/Hamilton leads procession" I'll be very surprised.

Sigh. Race management. Nico can't really risk anything if he wants to catch Lewis... so he's just playing the waiting game.

Lewis could seal this race by going a bit faster, but I bet he's going to do the least possible to keep that gap to Verstappen.

Either way, that Two Bull Buffer has got to be a big comfort to Lewis.

-

Only action out there is people playing revolving door on Massa.

Back