2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

Well guys seems you 2 gotta calm down and need to realize this thread aint the 2016 GT Academy "Philippines" Details and News :dunce:

Moving on the global perspective, this years academy have probably gone too sketchy: different launch dates on different regions, with SEA aiming for the earlier and have their first taste of GTSport in its exclusive/nonpublic beta state(IF and IF they can really borrow such version to polyphony), while other countries are reluctantly deciding to just wait for a stable GTSport release for them to use soon and formally commence their launches to 2017.

I really hope FIA isnt dictating the pace of activities, but it is becoming the case for them to multi-manage a minor rift between the FIA GT License and the NISMO program.

Ergo, Kazunori and polyphony now simply needs to sort the game up in order to avoid the schedule constraints, conflicts, and these speculations~ Now i said it:indiff:

Yeah this thread was originally the GT Academy Middle East/Africa thread before i.i.r.c. but that topic is for another post. What transpired throughout the whole Asia Academy events last year is important knowledge for those looking to enter GT-A this year. My write-up will more or less address that.

The most important thing to keep in mind with the competition (beyond the driving and the fitness) is to not have any preconceptions of what the Academy is. It is a marketing activity for Nissan designed to generate sales for their fleet of cars. They don't give two s**ts if you think the "Gamer-to-Pro-Driver" interpretation of the local Nissan arm doesn't fit with what's been said and reported on in the media as long as you fit within the organization's narrative.

Speaking of media. Terence, technically you fired shots first. All I did was connect some dots. If you weren't such a child with your friends at AutoIndustriya, resulting in them publishing a blatantly incomplete and biased account of the 2015 Race Camp last year (screenshot below: note the clear cut omission of one of the top 6 in the attached photo and text) maybe you wouldn't have had to deal with this.

AI media fail.png

The mere fact that AutoIndustriya bent to the whims of a personal dispute between the finalists in favor of one of their sponsored individuals begs to question their legitimacy as a news source you can trust. So yes Terence, you're welcome to not disclose any "official news" about GT Academy because there are plenty of trustworthy local publications happy to take their place.

Yeah this thread was originally the GT Academy Middle East/Africa thread before i.i.r.c. but that topic is for another post. What transpired throughout the whole Asia Academy events last year is important knowledge for those looking to enter GT-A this year. My write-up will more or less address that.

The most important thing to keep in mind with the competition (beyond the driving and the fitness) is to not have any preconceptions of what the Academy is. It is a marketing activity for Nissan designed to generate sales for their fleet of cars. They don't give two s**ts if you think the "Gamer-to-Pro-Driver" interpretation of the local Nissan arm doesn't fit with what's been said and reported on in the media as long as you fit within the organization's narrative.

Speaking of media. Terence, technically you fired shots first. All I did was connect some dots. If you weren't such a child with your friends at AutoIndustriya, resulting in them publishing a blatantly incomplete and biased account of the 2015 Race Camp last year (screenshot below: note the clear cut omission of one of the top 6 in the attached photo and text) maybe you wouldn't have had to deal with this.

View attachment 558734

The mere fact that AutoIndustriya bent to the whims of a personal dispute between the finalists in favor of one of their sponsored individuals begs to question their legitimacy as a news source you can trust. So yes Terence, you're welcome to not disclose any "official news" about GT Academy because there are plenty of trustworthy local publications happy to take their place.

How did that issue made me fire a shot? Autoindustriya is the pioneer automotive media source in the Philippines and has been there for more over than 15 years. Yes i am friends with the owner but that doesnt necessarily mean thay have to be biased on the news article. Whatever they publish is something i dont know about. Neither do i write articles for them whatsoever.

If you had problems with the news article not having you in it then why not question them and talk to them about it? Why did it become my fault? Why do you bring up a news article that is almost a year back wherein fact youve noticed you werent there and didnt contact the media about it? Why do you complain a year after? Did you even think about that maybe they made a mistake? Its not just GTAcademy that these guys are covering you know. You and your crab mentality.

Remember dont go in too deep as you dont have a permanent residence in the Philippines for the last 5 years which is a clear violation of GTA rules. You even used a New Zealand passport not a Philippine passport to go to Silverstone. You also put the country to a big shame by the actions you did while in the hotel and the items you asmittedly stole in the hotel. You were lucky Nissan Philippines didnt file charges against you.

Whatever post you put here in Gtplanet doesnt change the fact what the people in the Philippines think about you.

Put me as a childish butthurt guy or whatever it is you want to call it but at the end of the day Look at yourself and see if youve progressed in real motorsports or even in e-sports. I dont want to say more factful stuff that might ruin your gtplanet reputation i really dont care about what you think of me or whats what. This topic has been bombarded by unsatisfying posts that you started. Its pointless to continue this conversation in this thread. If you have personal beef with me and with autoindustriya then be a man and face us in the face and not hide in your monitor and be an internet troll like youve always been.

To the gtplanet moderators, admins, jordan, i would like to apologize for whatever it is this idiot is doing. He is wrecking the name of a prestige online automotive website in our country and is selfishly saying it is my fault because the owner of the company is my friend.

Luis, youve been outcasted in the Philippines. Please just move on with your life.

Last edited:
te?
How did that issue made me fire a shot? Autoindustriya is the pioneer automotive media source in the Philippines and has been there for more over than 15 years. Yes i am friends with the owner but that doesnt necessarily mean thay have to be biased on the news article. Whatever they publish is something i dont know about. Neither do i write articles for them whatsoever.

If you had problems with the news article not having you in it then why not question them and talk to them about it? Why did it become my fault? Why do you bring up a news article that is almost a year back wherein fact youve noticed you werent there and didnt contact the media about it? Why do you complain a year after? Did you even think about that maybe they made a mistake? Its not just GTAcademy that these guys are covering you know. You and your crab mentality.

Remember dont go in too deep as you dont have a permanent residence in the Philippines for the last 5 years which is a clear violation of GTA rules. You even used a New Zealand passport not a Philippine passport to go to Silverstone. You also put the country to a big shame by the actions you did while in the hotel and the items you asmittedly stole in the hotel. You were lucky Nissan Philippines didnt file charges against you.

Whatever post you put here in Gtplanet doesnt change the fact what the people in the Philippines think about you.

Put me as a childish butthurt guy or whatever it is you want to call it but at the end of the day Look at yourself and see if youve progressed in real motorsports or even in e-sports. I dont want to say more factful stuff that might ruin your gtplanet reputation i really dont care about what you think of me or whats what. This topic has been bombarded by unsatisfying posts that you started. Its pointless to continue this conversation in this thread. If you have personal beef with me and with autoindustriya then be a man and face us in the face and not hide in your monitor and be an internet troll like youve always been.

To the gtplanet moderators, admins, jordan, i would like to apologize for whatever it is this idiot is doing. He is wrecking the name of a prestige online automotive website in our country and is selfishly saying it is my fault because the owner of the company is my friend.

Luis, youve been outcasted in the Philippines. Please just move on with your life.

Nice try buddy. Let me systematically address every single one of your points.

AutoIndustriya, as a news media establishment, has a moral obligation to report news stories accurately and with no bias. Naturally, not all publications abide by this moral code, regardless of the socio-economic status of the country they are publishing in. Unfortunately, from observation, AutoIndustriya has failed to do abide by factual news reporting because one of it's sponsored persons - you - had his feels and nice cotton wool of an environment rattled by somebody you didn't expect it from.

I'm not obligated to correct them in any of their postings. I am however, inclined to address any attempts at defamation, direct or indirect. Consider yourselves lucky that this incident is isolated within this community, and as of writing, has not spread to mainstream attention.

There was nothing stated in the GT Academy Rules, past or present, regarding the length of stay required in a participating region to be eligible.

Regardless, I was a Filipino at birth, I had a Filipino passport, my family has residences in that country and 98% of my extended family reside back there. Besides, Nissan cleared this up during the national final after the media interviews with GTA Global and Nissan PHI's legal team. I wouldn't have made it to Silverstone otherwise.

As for Whittlebury Hall, I already told you to ask them to send and invoice through if it was such big added cost to their expenses. I'm sure it's not as big of an issue as that lent Nissan Sylphy/Bluebird you damaged significantly prior to Race Camp.

12891780_10153373672141046_750261919648880894_o.jpg

Who's the most Filipino looking out of the bunch? The guy after the three NISMO girls looks like a good bet.

Oh I wonder why. Oh yeah that's right, we've got a child with no filter among us, spreading nonsense about other members of the GTP community and GT-A Finalists. Just letting you know, I'm not the only one the top 20 who thinks this way of you. You weren't omnipresent in Race Camp so don't rest on your laurels regarding your carefully manufactured public image.

Oh, I won't let myself do the describing. As one of our top finalists said himself about you. "Si Terence, parang bata talaga..." (translation: That Terence, such a child).

As for e-sports and motorsports. I've progressed enough. The goal for the past 5 years, as many of the members here can attest, has always been to make it to the GT Academy Race Camp. I haven't been graced with the financial backing that you have, nor have I had the opportunity to be an instructor for the Tuason Racing School, like you have.

I don't have a personal beef with any of you. All I wanted was transparency in how things are seen across this communication platform. If you would like to fly me down there for the next GT Academy PH press event, I'd be more than happy to take time out of my life in New Zealand (schedule permitting).

No Terence, I would like to apologize on behalf of all Filipinos for the veiled nonsense that you have been spouting for the ~30 years you've been around. That in itself is preposterous, considering your emotional intelligence is barely mature enough to the point where you can address someone your junior with any semblance of appropriate discourse because your feels got in the way.

@Jordan, @Famine, Other Mods, GTP, how many points has this clown broken in the forum's Acceptable Use Policy?

These are the ones that @te? has broken from my recollection of his posts and the AUP:
  • You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
  • You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
  • You will not post advertisements or solicitations outside of designated areas or without proper authorization.

@Warbeast101 cheers mate, pretty chilled at the moment where I'm sitting.

More of the Asia finalists from Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines are confirming their local Nissan's involvement. Interesting to see Japan and India haven't released anything yet.

I wonder if the Asia region's been dropped completely for this year seeing as the other countries involved were from the International region last year.

@Warbeast101 cheers mate, pretty chilled at the moment where I'm sitting.

More of the Asia finalists from Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines are confirming their local Nissan's involvement. Interesting to see Japan and India haven't released anything yet.

I wonder if the Asia region's been dropped completely for this year seeing as the other countries involved were from the International region last year.
Bear in mind this is gt academy international not gt academy asia. I guess india and japan are out.
Since you were a finalist any advice you can give us?

Bear in mind this is gt academy international not gt academy asia. I guess india and japan are out.
Since you were a finalist any advice you can give us?

Yeah apparently Nissan India doesn't have the budget but I can't imagine Nissan Japan having that problem. And what about the USA? Weren't they in International last year too?

As for advice, Assuming you've played GT regularly over the years and have been consistently in the top 30 for your country in the time trials you've competed seriously in you'll need to work on:

• Real driving pace (and consistency - but they'll pick the quicker guy over the consistent guy so work on being fast in a real car).

• Fitness (physical) - You only have to look at what happened in Europe last year to see how important this is. It had a big weighing in the first eliminations for Asia and International. Work on strength then endurance.

• Fitness (mental) - I probably underestimated this last year. If the series for the Philippines becomes available online (and I hope it does, it's arguably the most exciting one in the Asia region) you'll see that I pushed 100% all the way to the end...

BUT, there were things in my personal life that needed ironing out. This needs to be nice and tidy before and during race camp. It's probably what let me down last year. Can't imagine how much stronger my challenge would have been if I'd qualified this year with the knowledge I've got now.

For anyone interested (and can stomach) self-help books (some of them brutally honest) that may aid in this part of your preparation flick me a PM. I'll point you in the right direction.

@Louie_Schumii the conflict was regarding the PS4 GTSport release, having November as the date, it gave other Nissan regions less confidence on how to organize the academy preliminaries properly for the remainder of 2016.

Polyphony might even release it with a flawed physics engine or all sorts of Beta factors(they have tendencies)...so other international regions wont let a prelims disaster happen that they would really rather wait for the stable release, launch it next year, and make online/onsite trials go more smoothly with potential game bugs ironed out...remember that hideous racing line exploit at silverstone last year?

From what i see about the news or marketing patterns, it seems the Nissan regions in SEA wants to take a gamble and they want to go have drivers represented for race camp earlier and cheaper, also they are seem eager they have obtained an exclusive beta copy from sony/polyphony for it to have to launch the events in earlier than the official game release, they are going to risk having a "buggy" onsite trials

On the gaming perspective, i hope that Kazunori/GTSport developers have sorted out the game just to be at least GTA-onsite-event-ready.

@Louie_Schumii the conflict was regarding the PS4 GTSport release, having November as the date, it gave other Nissan regions less confidence on how to organize the academy preliminaries properly for the remainder of 2016.

Polyphony might even release it with a flawed physics engine or all sorts of Beta factors(they have tendencies)...so other international regions wont let a prelims disaster happen that they would really rather wait for the stable release, launch it next year, and make online/onsite trials go more smoothly with potential game bugs ironed out...remember that hideous racing line exploit at silverstone last year?

From what i see about the news or marketing patterns, it seems the Nissan regions in SEA wants to take a gamble and they want to go have drivers represented for race camp earlier and cheaper, also they are seem eager they have obtained an exclusive beta copy from sony/polyphony for it to have to launch the events in earlier than the official game release, they are going to risk having a "buggy" onsite trials

On the gaming perspective, i hope that Kazunori/GTSport developers have sorted out the game just to be at least GTA-onsite-event-ready.

Man those live events last year, they're a good time with the right crowd. They could always just release a demo on PSN like they did with the 2010 Academy.

There's a running build of GTS that they used in the GT Sport event in London. Supposedly it had physics similar to GT6 so physics-wise this should help those who've played the previous game before if they decide to release the same build on PSN.

The issues they had with last years event circuit was present in the standard game as well. Just drive the track in the quickest allowed way and you'll be alright ;)

Buggy as it may be, it's going to be equal for everyone, also i like the fact that no one gets prior practice at this so we're all on equal grounds. I'm actually fine with a slightly buggy version of the game being played by everyone...we'll see how it does

Oh btw it's most likely going to be live events...see egypt doesn't have a PSN ID so we have no other choice

te?

Nice try buddy. Let me systematically address every single one of your points.

AutoIndustriya, as a news media establishment, has a moral obligation to report news stories accurately and with no bias. Naturally, not all publications abide by this moral code, regardless of the socio-economic status of the country they are publishing in. Unfortunately, from observation, AutoIndustriya has failed to do abide by factual news reporting because one of it's sponsored persons - you - had his feels and nice cotton wool of an environment rattled by somebody you didn't expect it from.

I'm not obligated to correct them in any of their postings. I am however, inclined to address any attempts at defamation, direct or indirect. Consider yourselves lucky that this incident is isolated within this community, and as of writing, has not spread to mainstream attention.

There was nothing stated in the GT Academy Rules, past or present, regarding the length of stay required in a participating region to be eligible.

Regardless, I was a Filipino at birth, I had a Filipino passport, my family has residences in that country and 98% of my extended family reside back there. Besides, Nissan cleared this up during the national final after the media interviews with GTA Global and Nissan PHI's legal team. I wouldn't have made it to Silverstone otherwise.

As for Whittlebury Hall, I already told you to ask them to send and invoice through if it was such big added cost to their expenses. I'm sure it's not as big of an issue as that lent Nissan Sylphy/Bluebird you damaged significantly prior to Race Camp.

12891780_10153373672141046_750261919648880894_o.jpg

Who's the most Filipino looking out of the bunch? The guy after the three NISMO girls looks like a good bet.

Oh I wonder why. Oh yeah that's right, we've got a child with no filter among us, spreading nonsense about other members of the GTP community and GT-A Finalists. Just letting you know, I'm not the only one the top 20 who thinks this way of you. You weren't omnipresent in Race Camp so don't rest on your laurels regarding your carefully manufactured public image.

Oh, I won't let myself do the describing. As one of our top finalists said himself about you. "Si Terence, parang bata talaga..." (translation: That Terence, such a child).

As for e-sports and motorsports. I've progressed enough. The goal for the past 5 years, as many of the members here can attest, has always been to make it to the GT Academy Race Camp. I haven't been graced with the financial backing that you have, nor have I had the opportunity to be an instructor for the Tuason Racing School, like you have.

I don't have a personal beef with any of you. All I wanted was transparency in how things are seen across this communication platform. If you would like to fly me down there for the next GT Academy PH press event, I'd be more than happy to take time out of my life in New Zealand (schedule permitting).

No Terence, I would like to apologize on behalf of all Filipinos for the veiled nonsense that you have been spouting for the ~30 years you've been around. That in itself is preposterous, considering your emotional intelligence is barely mature enough to the point where you can address someone your junior with any semblance of appropriate discourse because your feels got in the way.

@Jordan, @Famine, Other Mods, GTP, how many points has this clown broken in the forum's Acceptable Use Policy?

These are the ones that @te? has broken from my recollection of his posts and the AUP:
  • You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
  • You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
  • You will not post advertisements or solicitations outside of designated areas or without proper authorization.

I can make it quite simple.

The pair of you can stop with this or you can both take a holiday.

Neither of you are posting with respect for the AUP and as such you will both start to do so from this moment on.

It's not up for debate or discussion, you will start to follow the AUP now.

I can make it quite simple.

The pair of you can stop with this or you can both take a holiday.

Neither of you are posting with respect for the AUP and as such you will both start to do so from this moment on.

It's not up for debate or discussion, you will start to follow the AUP now.

Thanks for clearing this up. Glad the mod team is still looking after this section of the website.

any latest news for 2016 season?

As far as I am aware so far live events are taking place in July-August. Platform will be a beta version of GT Sport on PS4 with select Nissan cars and tracks. Don't think there is an online TT this year.

As far as I am aware so far live events are taking place in July-August. Platform will be a beta version of GT Sport on PS4 with select Nissan cars and tracks. Don't think there is an online TT this year.
bear in mind nicko that indonisia and north africa along with some other countries don't have a PSN meaning you'd never see our flag playing against which also means they can't sort us by region and the only way to verify our identity is through live events, it might be different for other regions however

but as for aussi, mexico, us (not US...i mean north africa), and south east asia we have to have a level playing field which means....live events

bear in mind nicko that indonisia and north africa along with some other countries don't have a PSN meaning you'd never see our flag playing against which also means they can't sort us by region and the only way to verify our identity is through live events, it might be different for other regions however

but as for aussi, mexico, us (not US...i mean north africa), and south east asia we have to have a level playing field which means....live events

That's a good point.

Best of luck to all who plan on entering this year, give it 110% the race camp prize is worth it!! 👍

Yeah apparently Nissan India doesn't have the budget but I can't imagine Nissan Japan having that problem. And what about the USA? Weren't they in International last year too?

As for advice, Assuming you've played GT regularly over the years and have been consistently in the top 30 for your country in the time trials you've competed seriously in you'll need to work on:

• Real driving pace (and consistency - but they'll pick the quicker guy over the consistent guy so work on being fast in a real car).

• Fitness (physical) - You only have to look at what happened in Europe last year to see how important this is. It had a big weighing in the first eliminations for Asia and International. Work on strength then endurance.

• Fitness (mental) - I probably underestimated this last year. If the series for the Philippines becomes available online (and I hope it does, it's arguably the most exciting one in the Asia region) you'll see that I pushed 100% all the way to the end...

BUT, there were things in my personal life that needed ironing out. This needs to be nice and tidy before and during race camp. It's probably what let me down last year. Can't imagine how much stronger my challenge would have been if I'd qualified this year with the knowledge I've got now.

For anyone interested (and can stomach) self-help books (some of them brutally honest) that may aid in this part of your preparation flick me a PM. I'll point you in the right direction.

Ok, the physical part is what was truly eye-opening, I watched highlights of the USA GT Academy from 2014 and the 'Mud Mayhem' challenge looked so intimidating it made me cringe; especially the electrical hazard obstacle. Now, tell me, what was the voltage of the current in those wires? It seems like it may require some kind of death wish if it's freaking wall socket voltage.

Anyway, it's very clear to me that the physical challenges are very important to prepare for, but in case I lack in a particular area of fitness, mental fortitude (though not a complete substitute for fitness) as well as the sheer desire to succeed may help me pull through. What I mean is a "never give up no matter how bad it hurts, you know what you are fighting for" kind of attitude somehow gives me energy even in the worst of conditions.

I am going to do the very best I can to prove that I'm the guy that Nismo is looking for.

Last edited:
Ok, the physical part is what was truly eye-opening, I watched highlights of the USA GT Academy from 2014 and the 'Mud Mayhem' challenge looked so intimidating it made me cringe; especially the electrical hazard obstacle. Now, tell me, what was the voltage of the current in those wires? It seems like it may require some kind of death wish if it's freaking wall socket voltage.

Anyway, it's very clear to me that the physical challenges are very important to prepare for, but in case I lack in a particular area of fitness, mental fortitude (though not a complete substitute for fitness) as well as the sheer desire to succeed may help me pull through. What I mean is a "never give up no matter how bad it hurts, you know what you are fighting for" kind of attitude somehow gives me energy even in the worst of conditions.

I am going to do the very best I can to prove that I'm the guy that Nismo is looking for.
can't wait to see you kick some butt when GT academy USA lands. As for the wires i think if u know what you're fighting for you won't mind getting a small buzz. And it seems like you do so just push on

There is another question I have about GTA this year: For those that do qualify for race camp, what are the expense figures for being able to make it to where it will be held? And how will those expenses be paid? Out of our pockets? Is it paid for by Nissan or something, I'm really asking how this will work out for those who do make it for race camp, from an expense standpoint. In 2014, GTA Race camp took place at Silverstone, How were those competitors able to make it to Silverstone for race camp that year? I would like some answers.

There is another question I have about GTA this year: For those that do qualify for race camp, what are the expense figures for being able to make it to where it will be held? And how will those expenses be paid? Out of our pockets? Is it paid for by Nissan or something, I'm really asking how this will work out for those who do make it for race camp, from an expense standpoint. In 2014, GTA Race camp took place at Silverstone, How were those competitors able to make it to Silverstone for race camp that year? I would like some answers.
as far as i know you're only responsible for your plane tickets and some pocket money, everything else is paid by them

Nissan pays for EVERYTHING except travel to the airport from your house.. As soon as you're at the airport, you're completely taken care of in every way.

Back