2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

I thought you were at racecamp last year mate??
actually i wasn't my friend @sems4arsenal was so i have info for him but i am gearing up for this year

@te? can you please give us the list of cars and tracks available in the game as well as the car and track you will be using? thanks

Also please take more pictures of the game and the car and track list please :)

@Warbeast101 ahh yeah sorry I got you 2 mixed up.

All I'll say is make sure you're physically ready, and get as much track time as you can afford.. Presume everyone has done more than you and is trying harder than you.. That'll help you be the best!

There's one FUNDAMENTAL thing you need to understand though.. Even if you're the best, you probably won't win. It's just the nature of the competition.

Most of all.. Enjoy it! If you get to race camp, it's absolutely AWESOME!!

Last edited:

All I'll say is make sure you're physically ready, and get as much track time as you can afford.. Presume everyone has done more than you and is trying harder than you.. That'll help you be the best!

There's one FUNDAMENTAL thing you need to understand though.. Even if you're the best, you probably won't win. It's just the nature of the competition.

i really appreciate the words of wisdom man :) good luck on your future endeavors

Today Was the launch in thailand if im not mistaken. Did you guys try gts, if yes can you give us thé car/track in thé live event. And what do you think about the game, is the physics similar to gt6 ?
Cheers

Hi! Yes i have tried it and it is promising. The car we used is GTR 2017 the track is tokyo street circuit. Physics is a little bit like project cars but still quite not on par. The engine sound is still a vacuum cleaner sadly. Good parts are the suspension you really feel it specially the pitch of the car when braking, the weight shift of the car, and surprisingly you cant throw the car around like you could back on gt6 which i think is a big change as you really cant throw a heavy car and manage to just get it back and get away with it lol :)

Tire screech is kinda weird for me as under braking it squeals kinda weird.... Cornering tire squeals are really good you can really here if you are pushing the tires to its limit whilst cornering.

Best recorded lap time in the Philippines 1'15.0xx

I tried to play it and pushed a little bit got a best time of 1'12.103 although my time cant be recorded as i am not qualified to run anymore lol :)

Cheers! :)

actually i wasn't my friend @sems4arsenal was so i have info for him but i am gearing up for this yea

@te? can you please give us the list of cars and tracks available in the game as well as the car and track you will be using? thanks

Also please take more pictures of the game and the car and track list please :)

Hi! The cars in the game are only 2, the Nissan GTR 2017 and the Nissan Schulze Motorsport GT3.

The tracks we have 5 on the game, a new oval race track which is stunningly gorgeous, tokyo street circuit, this other one which i forgot the name lol, nurburgring nordscheliefe, and willow springs.

For the photos il try to get more once i go back on sunday. :)

Lucas says hi to everyone also. We both wish all competitors goodluck this year! At this point if your country is participating in GT Academy we both suggest that you start to work out already and maybe if you have the time and extra budget go join local track days to get experience in a real vehicle to its limit.

Cheers guys! :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
te?
Hi! The cars in the game are only 2, the Nissan GTR 2017 and the Nissan Schulze Motorsport GT3.

The tracks we have 5 on the game, a new oval race track which is stunningly gorgeous, tokyo street circuit, this other one which i forgot the name lol, nurburgring nordscheliefe, and willow springs.

For the photos il try to get more once i go back on sunday. :)

Lucas says hi to everyone also. We both wish all competitors goodluck this year! At this point if your country is participating in GT Academy we both suggest that you start to work out already and maybe if you have the time and extra budget go join local track days to get experience in a real vehicle to its limit.

Thanks a lot @te? But u said there were 5 tracks in the game but only mentioned 4 (oval, tokyo, willow, and nurburgring) is the 5th one brands hatch?

te?
Hi! Yes i have tried it and it is promising. The car we used is GTR 2017 the track is tokyo street circuit. Physics is a little bit like project cars but still quite not on par. The engine sound is still a vacuum cleaner sadly. Good parts are the suspension you really feel it specially the pitch of the car when braking, the weight shift of the car, and surprisingly you cant throw the car around like you could back on gt6 which i think is a big change as you really cant throw a heavy car and manage to just get it back and get away with it lol :)

Tire screech is kinda weird for me as under braking it squeals kinda weird.... Cornering tire squeals are really good you can really here if you are pushing the tires to its limit whilst cornering.

Best recorded lap time in the Philippines 1'15.0xx

I tried to play it and pushed a little bit got a best time of 1'12.103 although my time cant be recorded as i am not qualified to run anymore lol :)

thanks man for the infos .... so you are saying if we are used to pcars we wont find problems putting some good times ?

@Warbeast101There's one FUNDAMENTAL thing you need to understand though.. Even if you're the best, you probably won't win. It's just the nature of the competition.

Absolutely, its the judges decision that determines who really gets eliminated and who stays. One may not be the strongest of the group, but he/she may be the most tenacious and the most determined, and might be the quickest on track. That competitor would have a much, much better chance of winning than a strongman who is slow and inconsistent on track.

Agree with these points. Also wanted to add that if you manage to make it to race camp that the judges have some form of a decision hierarchy that seems to be present when elimination time comes.

From what I observed last year in the Silverstone Race Camp it seems to be:

1) Elimination Challenge Results
2) Cumulative 'Rank' Across All Challenges (this is how they've decided the overall winner since 2014 when @joshmuggo put in that stellar drive in the final race but still didn't end up going through)
3) Speed
4) Physical Fitness
5) Mental Determination

It's pretty cut and dry how they do things there now so "give 100% of effort 100% of the time" there and enjoy the process!

Agree with these points. Also wanted to add that if you manage to make it to race camp that the judges have some form of a decision hierarchy that seems to be present when elimination time comes.

2) Cumulative 'Rank' Across All Challenges (this is how they've decided the overall winner since 2014 when @joshmuggo put in that stellar drive in the final race but still didn't end up going through)
3) Speed
4) Physical Fitness
5) Mental Determination

It's pretty cut and dry how they do things there now so "give 100% of effort 100% of the time" there and enjoy the process!
Absolutely, its the judges decision that determines who really gets eliminated and who stays. One may not be the strongest of the group, but he/she may be the most tenacious and the most determined, and might be the quickest on track. That competitor would have a much, much better chance of winning than a strongman who is slow and inconsistent on track.

Guys thanks a bunch for the awesome words, i'll certainly keep that in mind if i make it past the live events stage

@te? the info you have provided is so useful that GT planet meantioned you and featured an article on GT planet. i feel like a proud dad since i created this forum haha :D

For all I know, I'm gonna do everything I can and fight for this as if my very existence depended on it. Race Camp is no laughing matter; I've never been there, but I think I know what kind of environment I can expect: A very exclusive, elite group of people, deceptively friendly but are in fact very hostile, with extremely fierce competition on one of the world's most iconic race circuits. That may sound a bit dramatic, but it's not. It's no joke, I'm convinced of that.

Also, just this GT Academy talk gets my heart rate spiking, about 106 BPM as I just calculated.

Last edited:
For all I know, I'm gonna do everything I can and fight for this as if my very existence depended on it. Race Camp is no laughing matter; I've never been there, but I think I know what kind of environment I can expect: A very exclusive, elite group of people, deceptively friendly but are in fact very hostile, with extremely fierce competition on one of the world's most iconic race circuits. That may sound a bit dramatic, but it's not. It's no joke, I'm convinced of that.

Also, just this GT Academy talk gets my heart rate spiking, about 106 BPM as I just calculated.
hey man i feel ya i'm pretty obsessed too, i lost the live events last year because i was ill prepared and i want so far as to attempt to disqualify a guy to try to take his place (which was dirty)

I started this sub forum so i can collect as much new as i can and thankfully i have and i'll fight hard too

And just to prove a point, i'm so competitive i just beat your 106 BPM ;)

hey man i feel ya i'm pretty obsessed too, i lost the live events last year because i was ill prepared and i want so far as to attempt to disqualify a guy to try to take his place (which was dirty)

I started this sub forum so i can collect as much new as i can and thankfully i have and i'll fight hard too

And just to prove a point, i'm so competitive i just beat your 106 BPM ;)
I have a very methodical and tactical strategy for tackling GT Academy this year, I've gotten it down to a science, all graphed and indexed in my head. I will not explain it because I don't want to give my opposition any advantage whatsoever. If anything, I want to put my opposition at as much of a disadvantage as possible.

Also, the 106 BPM calculation is from just sitting at my computer and reading this forum, when I'm not on readying my driving skills for a solid shot at making it to race camp, and making it through race camp too. Also, in what way were you ill-prepared, warbeast?

The main reason as to why I'm so darn serious about this is because I have an ultimate goal of getting into sports car racing; 24 Hours of Le Mans, and Blancpain GT as well. I found GT Academy as the fastest way of getting there, so I'm setting my sights on proving myself here. If I fail at this GT Academy route, I sure as heck hope that I am able to use another route.

Last edited:
thanks man for the infos .... so you are saying if we are used to pcars we wont find problems putting some good times ?

Hi! Yes! If you are fast in project cars you will find adapting to gt sport easier. :)

Guys thanks a bunch for the awesome words, i'll certainly keep that in mind if i make it past the live events stage

@te? the info you have provided is so useful that GT planet meantioned you and featured an article on GT planet. i feel like a proud dad since i created this forum haha :D

Holy moly they seriously did?????

Last edited by a moderator:

3) Speed
4) Physical Fitness
5) Mental Determination

Oh how I wish they'd have gone with number 2 in my case!

Enlighten us mate! I'm not familiar with what happened in the EU Race Camp last year apart from Romain winning. I remember reading something about an incident in the final race?
It's all on youtube, the eu camp is part of "back to basics" seried on nismo tv on youtube

Can ou show us video proof you actually downloaded this version.. as i havent seen any info regarding a download

Hi! Unfortunately you wont be able to download it as its a PS4 from GT Academy Global in the UK. Theyve brought in 16 PS4's equipped with the GT Sport Nissan version. These PS4's if you guys have noticed on my earlier photo are somewhat jailbreaked / modified you can see on the top left of the photo theres some weird digits going on like it shows the processor details of the PS4.

Heres an info to everyone:

All the other countries will have LIVE events. Why? Because the race camp will happen on September / October this year. I will get the confirmed screenshot of the rules once i get my hands on it.

Qualification Rounds - July to early August

National finals per country - August / early September

Race Camp - late September / early October.

But i saw exact dates. I will feed info here once i get them.

Cheers guys! I hope everyone competing this year is already getting ready. :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Alright gentlemen here we go. These are the official dates of the Live recruitment stages, National finals, and the Race Camp for the 2016 Nissan GT Academy.

Recruitment / qualifying stage - June 30 to August 21 2016.

National Finals - September 20 to 26 2016.

Race Camp 2016 - October 21 to 30 2016.

Attached is the email i have from NISSAN.

Cheers everyone! :)

image.jpeg
The Philippines overall leaderboards after the 1st live event. Looks like we have some fast guys on board. Some trained and mentored by me namely Jan Millard Lacuna and Luis Moreno. :)

Hey, just a curious question of mine, have any GT Academy competitors over the years encountered any health problems during competition like extreme soreness or heat exhaustion, or more serious instances like cardiovascular or respiratory failure? I'm very curious, as I don't wanna kill myself on my way to the top. But I'm not afraid to fight to the near death to get that grand prize.

Anyway, have they confirmed the specific dates for GT Academy USA? Those updates were eye openers, and I can't afford to miss the qualifying rounds. By the way, are the recruitment/qualification rounds at physical locations or are they done online? Oh wait, it says live events in all caps, that answers that question. Whoops!:lol:

Man, this is getting my nerves into overdrive mode, I'm getting more and more nervous with each passing day! :nervous::nervous::nervous:

What do you mean by all the other countries will have LIVE events,does this also include India.Thanks.

Hi @AmelBenny unfortunately India is not included in GT Academy 2016.

Hey, just a curious question of mine, have any GT Academy competitors over the years encountered any health problems during competition like extreme soreness or heat exhaustion, or more serious instances like cardiovascular or respiratory failure? I'm very curious, as I don't wanna kill myself on my way to the top. But I'm not afraid to fight to the near death to get that grand prize.

Anyway, have they confirmed the specific dates for GT Academy USA? Those updates were eye openers, and I can't afford to miss the qualifying rounds. By the way, are the recruitment/qualification rounds at physical locations or are they done online? Oh wait, it says live events in all caps, that answers that question. Whoops!:lol:

Man, this is getting my nerves into overdrive mode, I'm getting more and more nervous with each passing day! :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Hi @Galaxander96 before youd be able to be at race camp you are obliged to be checked by your local sports doctor and physical doctor to see if you are fit to undergo any hardcore physical training and competition. That filters already if you can physically make it if in any case you get picked by your country as top 6 representative. :)

te?
Hi @AmelBenny unfortunately India is not included in GT Academy 2016.

Hi @Galaxander96 before youd be able to be at race camp you are obliged to be checked by your local sports doctor and physical doctor to see if you are fit to undergo any hardcore physical training and competition. That filters already if you can physically make it if in any case you get picked by your country as top 6 representative. :)

Just as I thought. So it does require a physical examination, right? Wait, why am I asking a stupid question? lol I'm totally zonked out, it's 2:08 in the morning, I need to get some sleep. Maybe the anxiety from GT Academy's prospects are keeping me up at night.

te?
To answer that question yup you are required to undergo a physical examination once you reach the national finals. :)

Now, could I get a physical examination way in advance and present the form to them if I make it to the national finals? Or does the physical evaluation have to be done at the very moment I make it to the Natl. finals? I don't want to have any unknowns about this in my mind. I think I got confused by the way you worded your information. oops

On an unrelated note, I'm having flashbacks of when I was on my high school's rowing team in my freshman year of high school for 2 and a half months or so, (I forgot how long training was) and I capably handled the physical training sessions, however I withdrew from the team before the start of the season because my grades were on a downslope and I needed to improve them. I don't think I would've even enjoyed high school rowing, anyways. :P But I'm all about racing fast cars! :D

Last edited:
Back