2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
Stewart was near the front at the end of Indy, however every single caution Johnston had him come down pit road for 4 tires, he went from a possible Top 5 to 28th

Man it's annoying having two NASCAR threads :(. I just wasted 5 minutes scrolling through this junk looking to see what happened at Miami, only to realize I'm in the time travel thread :rolleyes: Man I wish you guys would do a better job of being my secretary and only posting things I want to read, in threads with titles that appeal to me.

Thank sweet baby Jesus there won't be any title changes though. That will drastically change the outcome of the new season...probably cause Danica to win a championship 👍

This slipped under the radar back in October:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/10/26/2016-nascar-sprint-cup-schedule/74637122/

All of the tracks/races are now locked under a 5-year contract, which means no venues can be added until at least 2021 unless they expand the calendar. So for anyone -including me- looking forward to sprint cup at Road America, Eldora, or any other circuit (even though none are ready for a cup race), well you'll sadly have to wait.

Last edited:
Was told SHR is talking right now with some sponsors for the 14 next season that should be familiar to long time Tony fans.

Maybe it's Shell
s121300659612015162_p358_i2_w950.jpeg

Home Depot and Old Spice are the ones that come to mind. Maybe Nabisco? (Oreo/Ritz)

Menards and Shell are taken.

It's NASCAR Cup only. Remember, Tony is just going to be retiring from Cup, not from all racing.
Also, it isn't just one.

Office Depot and Home Depot. I believe there was already some discussuin about it within the last couple months of the 2015 NASCAR thread.

I like to see how Bubba and Ryan are rivals on tracks, but off them they get along so well. :lol:

F1 champion Lewis Hamilton expresses interest in participating in NASCAR at some point in the future.

http://espn.go.com/f1/story/_/id/14230145/lewis-hamilton-reveals-nascar-ambition

I read a comment that came up with the idea of Hamilton and Ricciardo (Jr. said he would field a car for him) doing a race during the Summer break in August. It could actually work as both Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio are in that span. Of course the chances of that happening are slim to none.:lol:

Back