2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments

EDIT:

I believe it resembles this busch series car from 2003

View attachment 487736

"Resembles" is a bit too soft. More like heavily samples/straight up nicked from the old Oreo scheme. Knowing Jr, it was likely intentional. Also, as far as non-flamed cars sponsored by a paint company goes, I love this one and can't wait to see it on track.

Was lowkey hoping for this :lol:
tUqvbV7.png

Absolutely not, and whoever photoshopped that should have used different numbers from the 88 instead of the AMP number.

This morning was the first I saw of a JGR crew chief swap. I think it said the 11 will be getting a new CC as well, not sure though.

I'm shocked nobody in here is talking about Darrian Grubb leaving the 19 and being replaced byDave Rogers

Well we're not the ones with the insides scoop, that's kinda been you :lol:

Well we're not the ones with the insides scoop, that's kinda been you :lol:
Story had already broken on Motorsport the day before.
As far as why, I've asked around and couldn't find any reason why 5th place in points is getting rid of his first year crew chief. My educated guess is that either Grubb doesn't want to be a crew chief anymore or another owner wants him to come run their team ala Robbie Loomis going over to be a VP of Petty after winning a championship with Gordon.

$2 beers? Sign me up. They are $7 at Fontana and that's a big price to pay to just throw them at the winning driver if Dale Jr. doesn't win.
They do that there, I always thought of that as more of a Talladega thing :lol:

Don't know what they charge at Chicagoland and Daytona, nor do I care. I bring my own beer to both , ~$.43 a can.

Having only been to races when I was 6, 8 & 9, I wouldn't know the beer prices of Watkins Glen :lol:

Jrs car looks way better than it did last year and the throwback was a nice touch. As for Danica I'll look forward to seeing that new paint scheme on Ebays wrecked car sheet metal industry.

Last edited:
It's also a design where swapping the color depending on which product is being promoted on the car won't look bad.

Edit: Championship odds for 2016.
http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/...t-cup-kevin-harvick-kyle-busch-jimmie-johnson

KEVIN HARVICK 5-1
JOEY LOGANO 7-1
KYLE BUSCH 7-1
JIMMIE JOHNSON 7-1
BRAD KESELOWSKI 8-1
MATT KENSETH 8-1
CARL EDWARDS 12-1
DENNY HAMLIN 12-1
KURT BUSCH 12-1
DALE EARNHARDT JR 15-1
MARTIN TRUEX JR 15-1
KASEY KAHNE 25-1