2016 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 435 comments
Hamilton must be getting really frustrated by now. Both Ricciardo and Raikkonen passes Massa with relative ease, while he is stuck and can't get by.

Well, he has really no tires left. The team had some really bizarre strategy for Lewis, the first one was perfect with him in 3rd but that strange pit stop just completely took him out of contention.

Well this race is over to me, so I must say driver of the day is easily Ricciardo, because unlike Vettel his climb from the back wasn't his own making. Lewis could of had it if he didn't drive with such anger and burn through tires like a smoking habit.

Ferrari's misfortune is another top teams gain again...this time RBRs

13051565_588864374603882_5772057041806352371_n.jpg

Well this race is over to me, so I must say driver of the day is easily Ricciardo, because unlike Vettel his climb back from the back wasn't his own making. Lewis could of had it if he didn't drive with such anger and burn through tires like a smoking habit.

Turns out that damage from when Hamilton got hit on lap 1 (When the front wing got caught under the car) is the actual cause of why his tires didn't last as long.

Turns out that damage from when Hamilton got hit on lap 1 (When the front wing got caught under the car) is the actual cause of why his tires didn't last as long.

Who said? If so then that's fine, but when you pull of moves like he did against both Williams to pass, that takes even more of them. It's respectable that he did to to salvage points knowing there were two faster cars coming. I wouldn't be surprised if it's yet again floor damage for Lewis however.

Confused what's with the picture?

Well, he has really no tires left. The team had some really bizarre strategy for Lewis, the first one was perfect with him in 3rd but that strange pit stop just completely took him out of contention.

Yeah, I noticed. The front end just won't bite.

Who said? If so then that's fine, but when you pull of moves like he did against both Williams to pass, that takes even more of them. It's respectable that he did to to salvage points knowing there were two faster cars coming. I wouldn't be surprised if it's yet again floor damage for Lewis however.

Will Buxton had got confirmation from Mercedes that the damage on the underfloor was the reason why Hamilton's car had lost downforce (with Hamilton himself even saying that it was "Feeling light in the front")

Will had got confirmation from Mercedes that the damage on the underfloor was the reason why Hamilton's car had lost downforce (with Hamilton himself even saying that it was "Feeling light in the front")

My feed didn't talk about that, then again I'm not watching NBCSN so thanks.

Not really, more aero doesn't mean much if it doesn't mesh with the power. Look at FI and Williams who have done this over last year and aren't any stronger than before. At least not yet. In other words Mercedes actually have a design that is probably on par or better than RBR. They didn't give RBR and engine because RBR wanted engine parity and not just to be a customer team.
You really think that's the only reason? That Red Bull has been ridiculously good in slow speed and high speed corners for years now, moresources even than Mercedes. The Renault engine in this turbo era just has been quite far off the Mercedes and the Ferrari. That's exactly why they don't want to give them engines.

Look at how Williams could give Mercedes a headache every now and again, with an up to date but not necessarily on par engine. Red Bull obviously have a much better chassis than the Williams, so much that even with a customer Ferrari or Mercedes that isnt quite as refined as the ones the works teams, they would probaly beat them. Look how solid they've been with the Renault since 2014.

Rosberg has won three straight to start the season, everyone who has done that has won the World Championship... will this be his year?

This was one of Ricciardos best races of his career, the puncture took away a sure 2nd but his ability to pass through the grid cleanly and fast at a rate Hamilton couldn't even match in the first half of the stint when they where on the same strategy highlights it.

One thing that suprises me is that Renault has somehow made an engine that works quite well and red bull are no longer in the mid pack.

This was one of Ricciardos best races of his career, the puncture took away a sure 2nd but his ability to pass through the grid cleanly and fast at a rate Hamilton couldn't even match in the first half of the stint when they where on the same strategy highlights it.

It helps he also didn't have the lap 1 crash damage hampering him as Hamilton did.

You really think that's the only reason? That Red Bull has been ridiculously good in slow speed and high speed corners for years now, moresources even than Mercedes. The Renault engine in this turbo era just has been quite far off the Mercedes and the Ferrari. That's exactly why they don't want to give them engines.

Mercedes since the era began have been just as good if not better. Also there are multiple reasons, I never said that was the only reason. But it was a major talking point as to why RBR themselves felt they weren't getting a deal a long with the issue of competitiveness.

Look at how Williams could give Mercedes a headache every now and again, with an up to date but not necessarily on par engine. Red Bull obviously have a much better chassis than the Williams, so much that even with a customer Ferrari or Mercedes that isnt quite as refined as the ones the works teams, they would probaly beat them. Look how solid they've been with the Renault since 2014.

Massa claiming it isn't on par is another reason why RBR found themselves on the short end, they did the same thing even louder and others probably don't want to deal with that along with the other reason. Also when have Williams troubled a perfectly good Mercedes? The notion that people pedal on about RBR being the best still is a bit silly to me, they're great as any team with a state of the art aero development center and budget would be, especialy with the team they have.

Watching the replays of the start, it's kind of hard to blame Kvyat. Raikkonen started running wide and made a correction mid-corner just as Kvyat came steaming up the inside. I suspect that Raikkonen was further to the left of where Vettel thought he was, so he had to react to the correction rather than pick his line for the second corner.

Another great race but the last 10 laps were pretty boring IMO...

Six wins in a row for Rosberg now, only the third time a driver has ever won six in a row, the first two were by Schumacher.

Didn't quite work out for Hamilton today, the stratedgy was a bit strange.

Riccairdo was immense!

Most definitely. Easily my driver of the day.

I think that's just where they are pace wise atm.
Strategy also had something to do with it. Keeping Button out too long definitely didn't help their cause.

Didn't quite work out for Hamilton today, the stratedgy was a bit strange.
Mercedes were in uncharted territory - stuck behind another car; what's more, a car that could kerp pace. A large part of Mercedes' strategy fell apart because Hamilton was pinned behind Raikkonen.

I honestly don't know what Vettel's problem is. Kvyat was sticking to the apex without moving an inch to the outside and he left Vettel enough room to get through the corner without taking out Kimi.

Hamiltons car was faster still in the first half of the race, poor strategy in the 2nd half made it look worse.

If it had floor damage after the wing went under, and progressively got worse, how did he have a car faster in the first half. I mean at one point the guy drove and was able to position himself to be running third from dead last. At the point Daniel passed him you could tell the drive wasn't there.

Latest Posts

Back