2016 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jimlaad43, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Speedracer8218

Speedracer8218

As a huge McLaren fan messing up on strategy hurts me even more then a subpar Honda PU

2. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Why do they let this guy do interviews...?

3. mustafur

mustafur

Watch the race again whilst they where on the same tyre strategy Hamilton had more pace.

I have yet to see anything about this soo called floor damage and what it even did.

4. 05XR8

05XR8

These "interviews" are unbearable.

5. NW48

NW48

You and me both. The pace for points is there, but luck just doesn't seem to want to play fair, unless you're Rosberg then everything goes your way. :lol:

Speedracer8218 likes this.
  6. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

This race just keeps getting crazier. Kai Ebel wears decent clothes for once :eek:

Telstar likes this.
  7. NW48

NW48

This guy needs to be kept as far away as possible from podium interviews.

Whodoyouthink and LMSCorvetteGT2 like this.
  8. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

It was brought up on the NBC feed, not sure what @RACECAR would gain from lying about it. I don't need to watch the race again, if you have lap charts that show a similar pace then that'd be great. The point is if he lost downforce that would allow him to pass from the onset, then how is it comparable to DR? I'm not taking away from DR...

9. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Increased the tire wear, loss of downforce. The only reason Hamilton was faster then Daniel was because they increased the downforce on the new front Wing to compensate for it and even then, that solution didn't last.

That Floor damage was real. When Nasr hit Hamilton, it knocked the front wing loose and underneith the car. Mercedes themselves confirmed this.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  10. Speedracer8218

Speedracer8218

And that's the frustrating part! I thought P11 P12 would work out for them since they could pick any tires to start and showed some top speed... But they finish where they started :indiff:

11. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Toto, just confirmed @mustafur that the leading edge, barge boards were damaged and the underside of the floor as well. Thus losing downforce and hurt his grip.

12. NW48

NW48

The way I look at it is, both cars finished for the first time this year which shows improved reliability which is a good takeaway from this weekend.

13. mustafur

mustafur

Yes, but my point stands he wasn't slow, loss of downforce can mean many things and can give different effects to your pace.

I don't feel like going on a ten page argument though because it's obvious from just watching the race this was the case.

14. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

He wasn't necessarily as fast as he could be, and that's the point me and others have made to you. No one said he wasn't fast, but if he had his team mates car he probably would have been faster.

EDIT:

And just like I said and figured, the tires were being eaten away quite quickly by this damage thus effecting his pace. Nico ran 22+ laps on the softs where Lewis did 15.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  15. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I never (Nor anyone else) said Hamilton was Slow, the point I was making in response to your post about Daniel was that he wasn't fighting a car that was damaged and getting worse like Hamilton was (as indicated by the car "getting light in the front", a huge indication that downforce was missing).

Edit: Now Hamilton just mentioned that suspension had some damage too and saying that the car was wobbling down the straight (which I can't imagine is the easiest thing to control). I guess Estaban wasn't the only person that found that Black cat this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  16. Speedracer8218

Speedracer8218

Tbh I have to agree with you... I guess being frustrated for McLaren not scoring pts should be reserved for next year :indiff:

But I do like Hasegawa's relationship with the Woking team so hopefully good things to come

Fat Tyre, NW48 and LMSCorvetteGT2 like this.
  17. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Errr, they finished Bahrain too (with a different driver admittedly) and both would've finished at Australia hadn't Esteban's car not decided to suddenly go into harvest mode out of the blue.

18. FutureF1

FutureF1

Button DNFd in Bahrain...

19. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Bahrain only had one driver from McHonda finish though. Or am I confusing your post?

20. NW48

NW48

Only Stoffel finished in Bahrain. Button was out in the opening laps.

21. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Oh darn, I completely forgot he did (though I could've sworn it was later on as it was Vettel who didn't even make to the start). Consider me Stoffeled then :lol:

22. NW48

NW48

Vettel's pass in the pitlane under Safety Car was completely legal. The are three exceptions to overtaking under a Safety Car, and that was one of them.

23. 20832

I just love how Daniil shrugged off Vettel's rage and decided to torpedo his face :lol:

[​IMG]

Vinylshark and Fat Tyre like this.
  24. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Yep, Vettel needed to cop that one on the chin.

Good race from Red Bull, second place was possible.

Who did the post-race interviews?

25. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I was never afraid of Dani but now I am.

26. Speedracer8218

Speedracer8218

The very least I hope he doesn't make podium again cuz that was awkward :lol:

Fat Tyre likes this.
  27. 20832

Kai Ebel.

ShiftingGears likes this.
  28. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

After a race like that, Jolyon Palmer has to be living on borrowed time. As near as I can tell, he kept it clean throughout and still finished last.

29. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

That face is really unsettling :sick: :lol:

LMSCorvetteGT2 and 20832 like this.
  30. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

A few takeaways:

- Apparently, you can pencil in Mercedes losing at least one spot at the race start for the time being.
    - I have to wonder whether the racing gods have decided they toyed with Rosberg long enough and is giving him the best season he could ever have. When he passes Ricciardo who immediately gets a puncture, that raises eyebrows.
    - I don't feel like Kvyat did anything wrong. Had Vettel hit anyone other than Kimi, he would not have made such a fuss.
    - Nice to see Ricciardo in the lead, even if it was short-lived.
    - Tough break for Grosjean but I suppose having Gutierrez finish the race is a small victory.
    - Hamilton's behavior puzzles me. It just does.
    - You hope either Alonso or Button can score points soon. Otherwise, Vandoorne will be the only McLaren driver to have done so and that would ding my pride.
    - F1 cars may be quite fragile machines but I'm surprised how much of a beating they can take and still run. All that punishment out on the track today and they all finished.

UnkaD, Whodoyouthink and 20832 like this.