2016 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 435 comments
I'm not getting mad agains tthat, I'm mad because they wait till the last minute to send drivers when they had whole session. If you wait for the last minute it means that you can't do anything if the slightest things goes wrong.
Even if they found it at the very start of the session, it wouldn't have been fixed, as PM said, it's not an Easy Bake oven, it's a complex bit of machinery.

The problem is that they already change the gearbox on that car so what's happenign ? they could do incredible mileage on test days but now on a race week-end they broke both the box and the engine ?

it's very confusing for me, not what I'm expecting from such a strong team.

The problem is that they already change the gearbox on that car so what's happenign ? they could do incredible mileage on test days but now on a race week-end they broke both the box and the engine ?

First off, we don't know if they 'broke' the box, or if it was a decision made by the team in relation to Hamilon's bad starts. And secondly, they haven't 'broke' the engine. An ERS failure can happen to any team from Mercedes to Force India to Manor.

Mercedes 'having trouble' is great for the entertainment value, so unless you're a Mercedes fan, there's little to be upset about.

Listening to F1 cars after just watching V8s, is like Playing Forza6 and then playing Gran Turismo. Sorry, people. I couldn't resist. :D

[...]so unless you're a Mercedes fan, there's little to be upset about.

Isn't it quite obvious that he's a Merc fan? :confused:

Pity that Haas couldn't qualify higher, but it always seems that they have a very decent race pace.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like Grosjean goes for another go. Hopefully he'll be able to get the car into Q3!
And now that Hulkenberg has lost his front left, it'll be a red flag and the end of Q2. Damn it!

They didn't break the gearbox. They noticed an issue during the race in Bahrain, ran some modelling and realised that the gearbox would not make the minimum mileage before getting the free change. So they took a strategic penalty in Shanghai, because the circuit is more conductive to overtaking than the likes of Sochi or Barcelona. That way, the penalty is less severe, while Hamilton gets a fresh gearbox for the upcoming races.

As for the engine, all we know is that the ERS failed.

Hulkenberg has lost his wheel. McLaren will be eliminated then again in Q2. Can't catch a break... McLare doesn't have the best of luck with red or yellow flags costing them potential Q3 making laps. Oh well, should be an interesting start nonetheless.

Just woke up, heard what happened to Lewis, but why are both Haas cars out already?

Well, Grosjean had a chance to do another lap, but then Hulk's Force India decided to go for further weight reduction and decided that the left tyre wasn't needed anymore. Q2 got red flagged and everybody got robbed of another fast lap. Alonso was, annoyed, to say the least.

Mistake in the hairpin cost Raikkonen pole, if it wasn't for that, he would've had it. Same could be said to a degree for Vettel.

I feel like only the Ferraris can challenge Mercedes on race day, and now you have Ricciardo poking his nose up there. It looks like Rosberg will win comfrtably, unfortunately, provided there's no further drama. Will be entertaining to see Lewis charge through the field at least.

Back