2016 SuperGT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Godarm
  • 343 comments
12321413_993937604030155_6487259838949773063_n.jpg

12107961_993937614030154_9156956959819622521_n.jpg

10985317_993937630696819_1688048969322158080_n.jpg

Really? In all the times their have been GT3 cars in Super GT, only now one of them is on them? That's a surprise.

Also, I'm guessing there's no chance we'll see an Autobacs NSX in GT300, is there?
As far as I can tell, only JAF cars have run them. Yokohama dominates the rubber for SGT GT3 machines, with a few on Dunlop's, a few on Michelin's and a pair on Hankook's. Hankook has dropped off it seems, though.

The future holds all possibilities for ARTA and Honda's GT3. Who's to say the BMW just fills in for a year?

Last edited:
So times are coming in from testing, and they're pretty impressive. Jann Madenborough set a 1:36.151, which is 2 seconds faster than the FIA WEC GTE Pro pole position time. The current fastest GT500 time of 1:28.534 is roughly LMP1-L pace.

CecxrKCW4AEKvFr.jpg:large

GT300/GT3 has been faster in Japan for a couple of year now. Tyre war.

As for GT500. In the last season for the old chassis they were tenths off LMP1 privateer pace at Fuji. The following year, with the new DTM chassis, they were faster that the LMP1 Audi, then last year off the pace of LMP1 privateer again.

I've tried to pick a favorite out of what I just saw in the video. I seriously can't. The only oddball is the 911. I'm not feelin' the front. Looks bland. Other than that, what an awesome field of cars.

The only oddball is the 911. I'm not feelin' the front.
For me, it's the narrow mouth that looks odd. It reminds me of cheesy bodykits I've seen on DUB rides, like they're trying to do the Zoolander look.

Oooo I'm so excited for Super GT :D. Those ARTA cars look amazing, the Orange seems extra bright this year. The RCF sounded sick :drool:

I think it would be great to see some Corvettes in GT300. Pretty sure the fans there would go for it too.

Or the Ford GT. Anything from USA would be cool!
Ya anything 'Murica would be a welcome sight. I just didn't say Ford because I don't think we'll see that car in GT3 spec...just guessing though. The Caddy GT3 would be a great fit in GT300 as well 👍

Or something crazy like a Rocket Bunny kitted Challenger :P...with a massive wang!

On a different note, I wonder if ARTA will go back to the NSX in GT300 next year, or stick with the M6?

I also noticed that while Petronas in not sponsoring the GT500 RCF, both the GT300 RCF and the Evora were still sporting Petronas colours.

Subaru to the rescue! (hopefully it's not just on-board)

Link

It hasn't started yet so I have no clue how the commentary is being done.

Awesome racing. The Motul looks even stronger than last season and Chiyo was a joy to watch in the S-Road.

Hopefully the Honda's sort out their issues soon.

Last season ended with a great race, and this season started with a great race. Gotta love Super GT, nowhere else can you find constant battles like those. Hopefully NISMO can get a stream running for Fuji, as the one last night was rather sketchy. :lol:

Couldn't get any of the streams to work :(. I'm beside myself with disappointment that the NISMO TV stream is gone....I can't understand that move at all. Hopefully there's a replay of the race somewhere at some point. This was the series I was most looking forward to this year.

I think I'm actually depressed....going back to bed :(

Back