2016 SuperGT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Godarm
  • 343 comments
Well the one thing that I like about GT300 is the open tire competition, which is refreshing these days. I wish both SuperGT and Blancpain had better more accessible coverage, especially with Blancpain region locking out the USA for some things and SuperGT being almost uncovered at the moment. :(

Just watching the race right now. A couple thoughts.

The SLS in GT300 all seem pretty slow today. Guessing ballast has a role to play there. The GTR looks strong though.

When is that GT3 RCF going to find pace? It can't even crack the top 20.

That may be the biggest tire blow I've seen, on the Raybrig. It tore half the car apart :eek:

Watching the cars go through T4, the long right hander, that really is a fantastic corner. I feel like it needs a proper name.

Why did the S-Road GTR pit while the pit lane was closed? WAs it because of fuel?

Did the Zent RC-F run out of fuel?

Why was the CALSONIC boss Hoshino so angry after JP took the lead??

Damn, CALSONIC gets exploded at T4 as well. That corner is a tire destroyer!!

Nice to see the 86s have a good run in GT300. Still a little ways to go to catch the fastest of the GT3 runners though.

Why do the winners seem so stressed :lol:

Classic battle between the red car and blue car. It's been a little one sided to the red car of late...who can stop Quinterelli and Matsuda???

GTRs win at Fuji, who doesn't like that 👍 :)

Edit: in the crowd of people on the track after the race, I saw someone pick up a chunk of rubber and give it a thorough smell :lol:

Last edited:
SpeedHunters fuji coverage
http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/05/fuji-500km-super-gt/

Goodsmile racing AMG rear
SH_Super_GT_Fuji_500km_2016-9-800x533.jpg

The mother chassis is a spec tub that can take front or mid engines. The GT300 Toyota gt86's are using the same tub. They all run a Nissan sourced v8 engine iirc.

The mother chassis is a spec tub that can take front or mid engines. The GT300 Toyota gt86's are using the same tub. They all run a Nissan sourced v8 engine iirc.
Nissan engine in a Toyota bodied car? I know Toyota engines ain't the best but surely a drift-spec turbo 2JZ or a leftover NASCAR V8 would be better than this weird engine swap. Supposedly the MC Vette had a GM motor

Nissan engine in a Toyota bodied car? I know Toyota engines ain't the best but surely a drift-spec turbo 2JZ or a leftover NASCAR V8 would be better than this weird engine swap.
The Nissan unit is readily available and the GTA have existing knowledge of how it performs. It's an easy choice for a spec engine.

How many races have we missed? I only catch wind of these events when I see this thread move up. I watched round 1 with japanese commentary and that's it.

It does. Here's the last one to run at the 'Ring, the "Code X"

201504_24h-Quali-Rennen-N%C3%BCrburgring-Lexus-LFA-Code-X-028.JPG

looks close, but the floating c-pillar from the LC500 is on the twitter image. The LFA also has those radiator intakes, those aren't featured in the all white car.

CnnKZviUEAAy7pr.jpg:large

At the same time though, the door intakes as well as the front radiator still look largely like the LFA. The nose itself still seems look a lot like the LFA.

It is running disguised. So it may be shaped that way on purpose? Looking at the LC irl, it looks a lot like the LFA in terms of shape. The intakes in front of the rear wheels are near the same.

It is running disguised. So it may be shaped that way on purpose? Looking at the LC irl, it looks a lot like the LFA in terms of shape. The intakes in front of the rear wheels are near the same.

I don't know about that. The C-Piller especially seems more LFA and Less LC500.

Late but since no one is posting....(or rather maybe everyone is only watching the final):P
anyways Sugo is always "happening"......
qualify (No subs)

Those were uploaded quickly! Nissan looks to be streaming the race which starts in a moment!

Back