2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawksworth's right knee looks messed up, even inside that suit. Expect broken knee announcement tomorrow or during the week.

Even though I had to wait 10 weeks to see it, this was one hell of a race, and I don't think there's a better one for my first IndyCar race.

Just another IndyCar race at Texas Motor Speedway. Are you kidding me? That finish was nuts! Tonight's finish is why people say the spiritual home of IndyCar Racing is at Texas. Fort Worth was about to be turned into Hinchtown until Hinchcliffe lost by a very close margin. Amazing finish, but I'm sure Hinch had to be gutted for leading a good amount of this race only to not parlay his performance to a first-place finish. But... that's racin'.

Bring on Watkins Glen!

By my back-of-an-envelope maths Rahal won at an average speed of 0.197mph. That's got to be some sort of record, right? :dopey:

The ovals are over for 2016. All that remains are two tough road courses. We got Watkins Glen this weekend. Then after that and in two weeks time, it's the finale going from the East Coast to the West Coast at Sonoma Raceway to close out the season. Yes... IndyCar just wants to end the season so you can worry more about pro football and late season baseball than good old, hard-fought racing provided by the IndyCar Series. At least... how the series plays itself and how the series is selling itself schedule-wise.

Regardless, bring on Watkins Glen! Good luck to all drivers and teams this weekend.

Yeah, with 2 races to go the championship is still yet to be played out, I dont think Kanaan, Castroneves, Newgarden or Dixon can make a fight foe the championship overall, but they look solid to fight it out for 3rd overall, i think Rahal is a bit of a dark horse and seems to be on a roll executing good finishes, Munoz is probably to far behind but has been fairly quite in his seasons progress, for sure i didn't expect to see him sitting 8th over all with 2 races to go, Hintch seems to be in no mans land alone in ninth, 10th overall is very close, Montoya needs to put 2 strong races together to claim it over Hunter Reay and Kimball, my main interest is in Connor Daly, 2 strong finishes and he could jump Sato and Marco Andretti for 16th, and that would be an incredible achievement for the Dale Coyne team,

Aleshin blows a tire! This may mix things up big time!
Edit: Back to green at the Glen!
Edit 2: Rahal hits the inside barrier! He was either hit by Kimball or just lost it. Anyway, back to yellow.

Last edited:
Ridiculous how Rahal gave Kimball the fault, he moved to the outside as far as possible, if he hit the curb, both cars would be out of the race now.

Chilton please! Win! :drool:

Ridiculous how Rahal gave Kimball the fault, he moved to the outside as far as possible, if he hit the curb, both cars would be out of the race now.
The best thing is he was like "I completed the pass...". What a ****ing moron. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back