2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just stunned as to how Dixon was able to save so much fuel towards the end when the likes of Helio, Charlie and Max were pitting with less than 5 to go.

I suppose it's also a case of karma after what happened in Toronto.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but when Power crashed they released him from the care center, but didn't release him to drive due to "concussion like symptoms". Oh dear.
That was never mentioned on TV.

Shame, was at the race track and definitely had a "dang that sucks moment" when I heard it. Hopefully it's nothing too major, the hit didn't look too bad.
It paled in comparison to Aleshin's crash even, but Power is in Dale Jr's situation of having concussions before, so if that is the case, then it really sucks.

I couldn't help but think what this race would be like instead being in the streets of Boston....I would've actually been able to go! Would sleep over my grandma's house the whole weekend and soak up all the events. Ah, oh well..

I definitely like The Glen more every time I watch a race at it. Some of the turns really had me surprised when multiple guys were spinning out, didn't think those undulations had that much effect on the cars.

Really interesting last 6-7 laps. Almost suspicious of Dixon's extra laps worth of fuel. Could've been any number of factors really, but my guess is his engine mapping and pit strategy played it out so that he could have those precious extra gallons to finish out ahead.

Dixon was untouchable all weekend. He definitely deserved it.

It would seem they've taken the article down now, the link provides a 404 error.
Nah its still there (link still working on this end), check the Indycar section at Racer then. Not much to read though other than Will Power talking about the paddock's dislike of racing with Kimball. A bit cruel, but after receiving a concussion from that hit I'd be salty too.

Paddock is very salty right now, though understandably so for Power anyway.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/133944-indycar-no-one-likes-racing-kimball-power

Its savage, but when you are somehow involved in every incident during one race then something is clearly up,

Here's Paul Tracy's savage comment for those that missed it :lol:

The only reason he is in Indycar is because of his last name, and its bad how long his Indycar career has lasted because of his last name, many other drivers have come and gone yet delivered more in their season or 2 then he has in his entire career, its absolute nonsense,

Am I the only one who doesn't think Kimball was responsible for the collision between him and Power? He kept on the line, Power drifted out and hit the rear tyre.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Kimball was responsible for the collision between him and Power? He kept on the line, Power drifted out and hit the rear tyre.

Probably, Power followed the natural racing line, though I doubt Power actually saw him or expected him to be there,

Nope. Kimball had been racing everyone else and they defended to the inside so he wasn't expecting Power to do that.

Nope. Kimball had been racing everyone else and they defended to the inside so he wasn't expecting Power to do that.
Kimball was also to his outside long before Power moved from the curbing.

I think Kimball is at fault completely for a few reasons. First one is because he assumed Will would do something, Will is not any one of the other drivers so you cannot expect him to react like anybody else.

Second, Chuck barely had his wing past Will's left rear wheel. In karts you get taught that to guarantee the other driver sees you, you have to get your bumper right up beside the other driver's body so you're in their peripheral vision. Charlie wasn't even close to there and IndyCars have much less driver visibility than a kart, sure there's mirrors but you have to be looking right at them to see much of anything.

Third, Charlie used what little runoff there is to the outside of the corner on the outside of the white line. That fact that he had to do that should have been a big ol red flag that Will didn't know he was there and should have backed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back