2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
  • 138,097 views
Well, that's a surprise. Wonder why Webb didn't get the seat? He and SVG have been one of the best combinations for the past couple of years.
 
Well, that's a surprise. Wonder why Webb didn't get the seat? He and SVG have been one of the best combinations for the past couple of years.
Because Webb owns Tekno.
 
Wonder who will partner with The Future in his S60. Maybe Heimgartner?
 
Because Webb owns Tekno.

I'm aware but a couple of years he had agreed to join HRT for the enduro's until Triple 8 squashed the move at the last minute, so clearly he's not against driving for other teams. Maybe that's changed now though?
 
Last edited:
I'm aware but a couple of years he had agreed to join HRT for the enduro's until Triple 8 squashed the move at the last minute, so clearly he's not against driving for other teams. Maybe that's changed now though?
I think it's down to the fact since he stopped being a full-time driver he has focused on running the team fully.
 
I wonder if a grading system like the one used for the 12-Hour would work for the 1000. Red Bull signing Premat feels like they're just buying up the best drivers and robbing the other teams of the chance to compete. There should be some way of regulating who is available to drive for each team.

Wonder who will partner with The Future in his S60. Maybe Heimgartner?
I think they want to win the race ...
 
I wonder if a grading system like the one used for the 12-Hour would work for the 1000. Red Bull signing Premat feels like they're just buying up the best drivers and robbing the other teams of the chance to compete. There should be some way of regulating who is available to drive for each team.
Are you seriously blaming Triple 8 for buying the best drivers, while they're free agents, just because it's you believe it's robbing other teams?

Well, I guess Triple 8 owe you an apology for being in the racing business to actually win. You can't win if you have below average drivers, and T8 knows that, which is why they assemble the best team they can, using money from their sponsors. In racing, if you aren't winning, or getting good results, you'll eventually go bust. Hence why T8 is acquiring the services of the best individuals out there.

Sure, smaller teams don't stand a chance, but it's up to them to get the sponsorship they need, and find young drivers that can help push the car up the grid. Unless you're a factory team, you can't click your fingers and have everything come at once.
 
smaller teams don't stand a chance
I'm not worried about the smaller teams. I'm worried about the teams that could ordinarily compete with Triple Eight, but now can't because Triple Eight bought theit drivers.
 
Im sorry but this is stupid.

I understand your pissed off that Gis has been given a good line up for the enduros because you think he should be driving club cars in New Zealand after what he did when SBR sold to Betty and left him driving uncompetitive machinery he never signed up for, but what your asking here is a complete joke.
 
This has nothing to do with my feelings regarding van Gisbergen and everything to do with what I think is a team that is buying its success.
 
I wonder if a grading system like the one used for the 12-Hour would work for the 1000. Red Bull signing Premat feels like they're just buying up the best drivers and robbing the other teams of the chance to compete. There should be some way of regulating who is available to drive for each team.


I think they want to win the race ...

David Wall being retained for the enduros cancelled those hopes long ago.
 
They need to remove this B driver rule, and let the main game guys pair up,
 
They need to remove this B driver rule, and let the main game guys pair up,

There would only be 12 cars left standing. I don't have too much confidence I having the DVS drivers and either internationals or one-timers, have a go with a main driver's car. Hey, Mostert and Pye crashed their cars but, a bit risky. It'll be like having 12/13 wildcards out there for show.
 
Which is why I think that there should be a co-driver ranking system to put a bit of equity inti the co-driver choices.
 
This has nothing to do with my feelings regarding van Gisbergen and everything to do with what I think is a team that is buying its success.
That's the whole point of racing... You don't just get given success...
 
But it's okay to get the chequebook out for it?
How else can you get it without opening the cheque book? Nothing comes for free in racing. Sure, maybe you can get a young driver in for next to nothing, but he wouldn't be successful as we all know the best things in life don't come cheap.

But you not liking T8 for opening the cheque book to acquire a driver who was out of contract would mean you don't like teams like PRA or HRT for offering big money to keep their drivers tied down, correct?
 
Top teams are always going to have the best cars and drivers.
 
And just Wait til Team Pen..er, DJRTP, get their claws into the pickinik basket of who's who in the V8 paddock.
 
And just Wait til Team Pen..er, DJRTP, get their claws into the pickinik basket of who's who in the V8 paddock.
I guess it will depend how they take on the V8s you can see they are definitely holding back right now though.
 
They acquired Mostert's old engineer. It's a start.
 
Sneak peak at Caruso's Nismo livery.

12622433_1033484706708481_2780066154204539199_o.jpg


Waiting until there's some better pics but just based on this, it doesn't look nearly as nice as last years livery.

Edit: Super Black livery.

12654406_1660114000910563_2063693650289376619_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nissan looks a little meh, but I'll wait until the full reveal.

I like the SBR car but it might look might not look good in the flesh. Hard to tell.
 
I like the SBR car but it might look might not look good in the flesh.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same way with it. Render does looks really great though, love the red highlights and black wheels.
 
Aggressive livery. Should look better in person. I can dig it.
 
Back