2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
  • 138,097 views
How long does a collarbone normally take to heal after surgery? Lowndes might not be 100% for Adelaide?

 
That's a bummer. Lowndes, Tander and McLaughlan were my pick for the 12 Hour.
 
Hasn't he done this before? Injuring himself on a motorbike before a race.
 
Even more reason to hate those stupid driver ratings. I hope they fail and go away.
 
Even more reason to hate those stupid driver ratings. I hope they fail and go away.
The timing is invonvenient, but I can't really blame them for doing it. The Bathurst 1000 is usually a six-hour endurance race, and it's really the only major event outside the 12-Hour. All V8 Supercar drivers are going to have considerable experience of the circuit, so a silver rating is really under-selling the drivers.
 
It should work according to experience in the type of car. Out of the main game drivers, Cheeseburger and Lowndes have had the most experience in GT3 machines. Tander as well. They would be Gold. Pye would be Silver as never having driven a GT3 car.
 
It should work according to experience in the type of car.
That's hardly the only factor in play - there's knowledge of the circuit, plus experience in an endurance format.
 
That's hardly the only factor in play - there's knowledge of the circuit, plus experience in an endurance format.

Not disputing those factors. Ekstrom was never in a V8SC or on The Mountain. Yet, he gave a drive worthy of a "Gold" classification- in the best car no less. Priaulx drove on The MOuntain numerous times, yet he was outclassed by Ekstrom. Could have classed him as Silver in that situation.

Rick Kelly drove the GT3 GT-R once before. Him having won at Bathurst and being a V8SC Champion, in my opinion, should still classify him at the lowest tier. Regardless of pedigree.
Hey, I'm just a fan of motorsport and they make the rules.
 
Not disputing those factors. Ekstrom was never in a V8SC or on The Mountain. Yet, he gave a drive worthy of a "Gold" classification- in the best car no less. Priaulx drove on The MOuntain numerous times, yet he was outclassed by Ekstrom. Could have classed him as Silver in that situation.

Rick Kelly drove the GT3 GT-R once before. Him having won at Bathurst and being a V8SC Champion, in my opinion, should still classify him at the lowest tier. Regardless of pedigree.
Hey, I'm just a fan of motorsport and they make the rules.
Going by how they do it in Europe this is how they would do it as well, V8SC is a highly rated touring car series so the ranking seems fair.
 
The timing of the revision is just unfortunate.
 
Doesn't give much away but nevertheless, teaser of Chaz's Supercheap livery.

 
Please use white wheels. I doubt they'll use yellow wheels. I know what black wheels and red wheels look like.
 
Please use white wheels. I doubt they'll use yellow wheels. I know what black wheels and red wheels look like.
White would be completely out of the colour scheme and would terrible with those colours. If it was red and black, it might be able to get away with it, but just in my head, the red, black and yellow with white wheels would be an eyesore.
 
if there is more yellow than red, understandable. White as the dominant may be a possible change during the year. If the black and red overpower the yellow, the white borders and white wheels will look just fine. The definitely won't change wheel color once the final wheel color is chosen.
999927-supercheap-auto-racing.jpg


57994_9_1.jpg

russell-ingall.jpg

White wheels
supercheapFenceL_m-600x400.jpg
 
Last edited:
White as the dominant may be a possible change during the year.
Speculation puts Waters in the Rod Nash Racing entry, with backing from ENZED. If it's anything like his Dunlop Series livery, white will be the predominant colout.

My guess is that the Winterbottom, Mostert and Waters liveries will all have the same basic design, but different colours. The image PRA posted looks like the rear wing, so my money is on a yellow and red livery the way Winterbottom's is green and black.
 
It's not bad, it just looks a bit ... awkward. Like it's a first or second draft.
 
It does say concept livery on the photo. It also has the HSV tail lights.

Edit: I take that back, they're just the tail lights of the new VF model.
 
Last edited:
Speedcafe are reporting it as the genuine article.
 
I just wish we could go back to 5 spoke wheels. Look how good it looks even just from the Wheel/Pretty entry above.
 
O.Z. 5-spokes were the best(well second after BBS during the ATCC days). All different colors. They looked so right on the cars.

Reynolds had TSW sponsorship. A shame The Bottle-O couldn't use their wheels(to minimize costs no doubt).
 
Russell's car looks good! Can't wait to see it on track :)

I like the 5-spokes but I much prefer the current rims. I think they look better, more modern.
 
Back