2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
Funny all the people on facebook speculating about what's under the cover. If you compare the original (large) image from the Erebus press release you can see a distinct body line right above the red & yellow stripes. That same body line is only found on the Mercedes. They may not have made a decision about what cars they will run yet and/or they didn't want to give too much away yet.

Funny all the people on facebook speculating about what's under the cover. If you compare the original (large) image from the Erebus press release you can see a distinct body line right above the red & yellow stripes. That same body line is only found on the Mercedes. They may not have made a decision about what cars they will run yet and/or they didn't want to give too much away yet.

Is the chassis change set in stone or is it purely speculation?

It's still the same picture they used before they launched the Bathurst livery. Except they photoshopped the Merc logo out now

I think it's just a shopped car anyway. the proportions look off.
Erebus-Motorsport-344x258.jpg

So far, each main driver for Erebus has got a win to their name. Maybe we'll see Reynolds continue that trend.

I think it's just a shopped car anyway. the proportions look off.
Erebus-Motorsport-344x258.jpg

So far, each main driver for Erebus has got a win to their name. Maybe we'll see Reynolds continue that trend.

What? What about Tim Slade, Maro Engel or Ash Walsh?

What? What about Tim Slade, Maro Engel or Ash Walsh?

"main driver"= Number 1 driver.
2013- The drivers were nowhere(with exception of Slade almost winning Queensland before his off, Holdsworth/Baird 4th @Sandown and Engel Top 10 at Sky City)
2014- Holdsworth was clearly the Number 1
2015- Davison was the Number 1

I don't think the team is that bad tbh, it's just made worse by having terrible drivers in the other cars.

I also fail to see how a team who bought out one of the biggest teams on the grid at the time(SBR) a fledging team.

The continued usage of a uncompetitive chassis is probably the only reason they are not up the front.

Betty's family has Billions I highly doubt she is running this on a shoe string budget.

And a big plus (no pun intended) for Erebus with more major sponsors.

Yeah, it is nice to see sponsors committing to Erebus. Though as impressive as Russell and his brother were at Bathurst last year, I'm not entirely sure if he's much of an upgrade over Walsh.

I go for Holden again :)

Oh well, it was nice having the Mercs out there while it lasted. Interesting to what they'll run with next year when the new regulations come in.

And really liking the look of the Penrite livery in that announcement. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see the whole thing.

Last edited:
I wish they would've/could've got their hands on a Falcon or S60 just to even things out a tiny little bit. I hold no adversity towards Holden, but there is already far too many of them on the grid.

Going for Erebus for sure next year (and still HRT). Can't wait to see how good they'll go. :)

EDIT: Also really don't get all these people complaining about another Holden. They all whinged when brands other than Holden and Ford came in, and now they are whinging again because Mercedes has left and been replaced with another two Holdens. Make your mind up! There's obviously a reason why there are more Holdens. Is it because they are cheaper to run, is it because you get better support from Holden for running it then you would if you went with another brand like Ford, or is it because they are the easiest to set up? Who knows, but teams don't just run a Holden for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Factory support.

Volvo have it.

Nissan have it.

Ford don't.

Prodrive could wind up being the only team running Fords(maybe) from 2017.

I wouldn't be surprised if Penske got Lexus onboard.

Why are we not talking about the bigger story here - the fact that Erebus have clearly hired the North Korean ministry of propaganda to do their photoshopping:

Erebus-Holden-Reynolds.png

Ugh. There's enough of them out there already. 👎
That's just Simon McNamara's style for you - he's always treated the championship as if it were a part of Holden's marketing division.

Without Ford factory support anymore there is no wonder it's dominated by Holden entries, I suspect it will start to even out with the new regulations.

Back