2016 WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 4,512 comments
I'm at a loss on who to cheer for in GTD. Its all GT3 now so (apart from Krohn and his old ass filth) I now have an even harder time on who I want to win.
Dude's got game though-rich/blonde/race cars. :lol:

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2010-tracy-krohn-with-his-wife.jpg

Damn they know how to put together a pretty race car. While maybe not a big deal outside of the U.S., I'd say at this point the Turner livery is one of the more iconic ones in American sportscar racing.

Damn they know how to put together a pretty race car. While maybe not a big deal outside of the U.S., I'd say at this point the Turner livery is one of the more iconic ones in American sportscar racing.

It is globally recognised if you follow international motor sport, and you would be silly to count them out of any race they were in,

I suspected they were not hugely followed internationally since you don't have Turner branded cars running in foreign series (do you?). And I don't know how often Turner has gone to LeMans in their car (have they ever?). I mainly watch them in Continental Sportscar and Rolex stuff. Glad to know they've got more fans.

It's definitely an iconic livery, along with the factory Vettes, there's nothing else that really hits that level.

Well, Brumos, but I'm not sure if that's going to be a thing any longer since they sold the dealership and not sure if they're still going to be sponsoring Park Place Motorsports.

Turner respectively are quite well known over in Europe due to the fact they are the few representatives of the BMW brand in motorsports stateside.

It's definitely an iconic livery, along with the factory Vettes, there's nothing else that really hits that level.

Well, Brumos, but I'm not sure if that's going to be a thing any longer since they sold the dealership and not sure if they're still going to be sponsoring Park Place Motorsports.

Other then Gulf AMR and Ganassi/ Penske in IndyCar I fully agree, most other teams get new sponsors every few years that require them to change the paint drastically in most cases,

Yeah, I have a hard time picking out genuinely famous liveries within the United States. Arguably Flying Lizard had a good long run, but Turner cars have always been Turner cars and I hope they stay that way. Yellow Corvettes are obviously a thing. The majority of other big liveries are just huge companies we've known for a long time in motorsport (ie. the occasional Gulf sponsorship etc.).

Most teams/sponsors/liveries are a 2-3 year lifespan and done.

Falken pops into my head when it comes to iconic liveries from United States. But I have to agree that it is really quite hard to think of something due to it being sponsor heavy.

Sports cars in the U.S. Yellow Corvettes, Red Vipers, Brumos livery, and Flying Lizard are the ones that come to my mind

Sports cars in the U.S. Yellow Corvettes, Red Vipers, Brumos livery, and Flying Lizard are the ones that come to my mind

I would also include the Whelen scheme as well as the Gainsco red dragon (granted it's just plain red).

I would also include the Whelen scheme as well as the Gainsco red dragon (granted it's just plain red).
I would say Krohn green is kinda up there too if it's U.S. teams. Also Patron livery of some sort. The orange, black, and silver MSR DP was a really good looking one too

I would say Krohn green is kinda up there too if it's U.S. teams.

Do we really want to be associated with that particular car?:lol:

Also Patron livery of some sort. The orange, black, and silver MSR DP was a really good looking one too

I think the Patron livery has changed a little too much for it to be iconic. Granted it certainly has iconic aspects.

I would certainly include MSR if they would stick to one scheme as they were all great in '15.

A large one. :lol:

We should close it, in less then 12 hours we have had 2 Tracy Krohn references from 2 different people on 2 different subjects,

This thread should be closed until the official start of Roar to prevent an outbreak of serious illness, :P

And what's exactly wrong? Kinda been known for the last two months.

Edit: Wait a darn minute:

Katherine Legge and Andy Meyrick return for a third year to compete for Panoz DeltaWing Racing in the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship. They are joined by Georgia native Sean Rayhall who proved his driving prowess behind the wheel of the coupe at the recent IMSA Daytona Test. Legge and Rayhall will campaign the full season with Meyrick joining for the endurance events.
The 2016 season looks set to be an exciting one for Panoz DeltaWing Racing. With the new name comes an impressive new livery reminiscent of the legendary Panoz ‘Spirit of America’ LMP1 Roadster S 14 years ago which continues to be a fan favorite to this day. This new livery represents Panoz continued focus as a U.S.-based designer and manufacturer of exclusive luxury sports cars with a truly successful motorsports heritage. - See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/panoz-...weathertech-championship#sthash.qXBHsBNW.dpuf

Oh Don Panoz, still trying to recapture the magic of the early 2000s I see.

And what's exactly wrong? Kinda been known for the last two months.

Edit: Wait a darn minute:

Oh Don Panoz, still trying to recapture the magic of the early 2000s I see.
All of that means he has a Mexico free car this year. Just buy a Oreca 05 and stop wasting time with a car that doesnt work,and never will.

Back