Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not even having that bad a season. No win in 4 but only 2 points off the top 4 and still in the champions league. They obviously really want Paul Clement.

Messi assisted Aleix Vidal’s goal with one boot on. What a picture.
drvwgyiwaaewpae6nu8c.jpg

Full times from today.

Everton 0-0 Chelsea
Brighton 1-0 Watford
Man City 4-0 Bournemouth
Southampton 1-1 Huddersfield
Swansea 1-1 Palace
West Ham 2-3 Newcastle

Currently Burnley 0-1 Spurs through a slightly contentious Kane penalty, and Leicester v Man United is tonight.

Barcelona gave Real Madrid another hiding, winning 3-0 this time.

Messi assisted Aleix Vidal’s goal with one boot on. What a picture.
I swear I remember Evra getting booked for Man Utd for kicking the ball with 1 boot on. Can't remember what competition though so different rules I guess.

It finished Burnley 0-3 Spurs, Harry Kane hat-trick and he was unstoppable, Spurs now go above Burnley, I think they have punished them for having the audacity to go above them!

United again with a shameful performance.

Really, really need to put away the chances, kill the games and stop getting so many points lost for nothing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:

That's all I've got to say about United!

Might post the matches doe Boxing Say and beyond tomorrow as I most likely wont be on here on Christmas Day.

I swear I remember Evra getting booked for Man Utd for kicking the ball with 1 boot on. Can't remember what competition though so different rules I guess.
Yes, that's now the rule. Apparently since it happened in the same play and he didn't have a chance to put it on it's ok.

Games for Boxing day and beyond.

Boxing Day (Tuesday)
Bournemouth v West Ham
Chelsea v Brighton
Huddersfield v Stoke
Liverpool v Swansea (5.30 Sky)
Man United v Burnley
Tottenham v Southampton (12.30 Sky)
Watford v Leicester
West Brom v Everton

Wednesday Night
Newcastle v Man City (7.45 Sky)

Thursday Night
Crystal Palace v Arsenal (8pm BT)

Apologises for the crap spelling on my post late last night, I was a bit ill but I'm better now.

Happy Christmas! 👍:)

Full times.

Spurs 5-2 Southampton
West Brom 0-0 Everton
Watford 2-1 Leicester
Man United 2-2 Burnley
Huddersfield 1-1 Stoke
Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham
Chelsea 2-0 Brighton

Burnley were 0-2 up at OT :banghead:

Harry Kane hat-trick means he has now broken a few records including most PL goal in a calendar year and most top flight goals scored by anyone in the top five European leagues in 2017.

Tony Pulis is the new Middlesbrough boss.

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Southampton for Virgil Van Dijk. The fee??....£75 million...making it a World record fee for a defender, and at least 20 million too much for me.

Deal will go through as soon as the transfer window is open, and its open on Monday.

If you've seen Liverpool defending this year, teams know they can charge what they want for a defender because they need a good one.

Liverpool have now spent £170 million on Southampton players! :ill:

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Southampton for Virgil Van Dijk. The fee??....£75 million...making it a World record fee for a defender, and at least 20 million too much for me.

Deal will go through as soon as the transfer window is open, and its open on Monday.

Good grief. Just hope he works out. Now Lovren can park himself on the bench. Hopefully he can't do any damage from there. I wonder if that means they think Couthino is gone to Barcelona in January and they will be getting money back so why not spend some now for Van Dijk.

They still might want to be looking for a goal keeper at some point.

Man City beat Newcastle 0-1 through Raheem Sterling, they finished the game with 80% possession!

Man City beat Newcastle 0-1 through Raheem Sterling, they finished the game with 80% possession!
Talk about domination! Boy oh boy, 18 wins on the trot is quite amazing isn't it? That's unheard of.

Umm.... I don't know what to think, Swansea have always seemed to make strange managerial appointments.

Well his contract is till the end of the season but I'm assuming he will get a more improved deal if he does a good job and keeps us up, like I said I really don't know about this, it think its a weird appointment, but its the one that the club has made so the players and fans have to back him and hopefully he'll give the club the lift that it needs.

Well his contract is till the end of the season but I'm assuming he will get a more improved deal if he does a good job and keeps us up, like I said I really don't know about this, it think its a weird appointment, but its the one that the club has made so the players and fans have to back him and hopefully he'll give the club the lift that it needs.
I'm not really totally familiar with Swansea's strengths and weaknesses, but the table tells me they've conceded one more goal than Leicester or Everton and ten fewer than Stoke, but scored three less than anybody. That suggests that Swansea's defence is okay, but they really need to bang some goals in.

Anyone want to guess what I've been complaining about Wednesday not doing for three seasons?

Not only has goals been a problem its actually creating chances as we have one of the worst records in the league for shot on target and chances created.

@Famine how bad was the goals situation at Wednesday when he was in charge??

I'm not really totally familiar with Swansea's strengths and weaknesses, but the table tells me they've conceded one more goal than Leicester or Everton and ten fewer than Stoke, but scored three less than anybody. That suggests that Swansea's defence is okay, but they really need to bang some goals in.

Anyone want to guess what I've been complaining about Wednesday not doing for three seasons?
IIRC wasn't it converting chances even though you had a handful of decent strikers?

Not only has goals been a problem its actually creating chances as we have one of the worst records in the league for shot on target and chances created.

@Famine how bad was the goals situation at Wednesday when he was in charge??

Is part of it that they haven't been able to replace Sigurdsson and Llorente? Because once I saw those two leave I wondered where the goals were going to come from now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back