Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Brom have surely got to give the job to someone till the end of the season then look for someone in the summer?

Mick McCarthy to leave Ipswich in the summer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43466145

Like to see how @Liquid categorises this one :D

Until he is officially replaced with a new full-time manager or officially dismissed, he will remain off my lists. ;)
I think I already did this when Phil Brown was placed on "gardening leave" by Southend.

jfh.png

Yeah, about that...

24th March - Graham Alexander (Scunthorpe United, sacked) League One

2nd April - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Northampton Town, sacked) League One

Sacked: 36
Resigned: 2
Demoted: 2
Approaches: 4

Total: 44

Its sad that Ray Wikins has died at 61. Cardiac arrest is the cause.

Very sad to hear about Ray's passing, he had a great career and was some player winning 84 caps for England, he also won the Premier League as assistant manager of Chelsea in 09/10.

He turned into a good pundit/analyst too for Sky too and was on Sky Sports news as a guest just last Tuesday.

RIP Ray.

Right then here are this weekends games, and its all about Saturday.

Saturday
Bournemouth v Crystal Palace
Brighton v Huddersfield
Everton v Liverpool (12.30 Sky)
Leicester v Newcastle
Man City v Man United (5.30 Sky)
Stoke v Tottenham
Watford v Burnley
West Brom v Swansea

Sunday
Arsenal v Southampton (2.15 Sky)
Chelsea v West Ham (4.30 Sky)

Two big derbies with some big games at the bottom of the table tomorrow.

Man City can win the title with a win over United tomorrow, my feelings about it, don't lose the match!! at any cost! I don't want them to park the bus I want them to park several!!

BT don't have a game this weekend.

Yeah your probably right there, I think there's a chance they will rest some players tomorrow, we know they'll win the league and so do they, so they don't have to win it tomorrow.

I think we're going to play the same way we did against them earlier in the year, that would have turned out better had it not been for the poor defending on those 2 set pieces inclduing the defelction off Herrera. I see us parking the bus and trying to hit them on the counter and nab a 1 - 0 win. I don't mind if we win or draw, anything but City lifting the trophy against us.

If Everton can't beat a Liverpool team possibly weakened due to CL. Then i think fat Sam and Kopite Sam are gone this season.

Sam has saved Everton from disaster this season. Who else is there on the market that's better than Sam Allardyce? Everton don't want to get rid of him.

Sam has saved Everton from disaster this season. Who else is there on the market that's better than Sam Allardyce? Everton don't want to get rid of him.

He might be good at saving teams but we haven't got anywhere and at this rate won't. Big sam is not one known for rubbing shoulders with the teams we need to compete with next season or the season after.

The dullest Merseyside derby I've ever seen, no shots on target in the second half and no yellow cards....also no goals.

The dullest Merseyside derby I've ever seen, no shots on target in the second half and no yellow cards....also no goals.

The most fraustrating merseyside derby ive seen. Everton should've just scored.

That Liverpool derby was as flat as a witch's tit.

This, however, is excellent.

Full times.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool
Bournemouth 2-2 Crystal Palace
Brighton 1-1 Huddersfield
Leicester 1-2 Newcastle
Watford 1-2 Burnley
West Brom 1-1 Swansea
Stoke 1-2 Tottenham

Most of those goals came in the second half, first half was very meh.

City team news is that De Bruyne, Aguero and Jesus are on the bench but apart from that they are full strength, Liverpool made five changes earlier.

Man City won't win. They have a bigger game with Liverpool on Tuesday.

Errr. City should be 4 up 35 mins in. As it stands they are only 2 up.

United are poor. Jose is a fraud.

Errr. City should be 4 up 35 mins in. As it stands they are only 2 up.

United are poor. Jose is a fraud.

To be honest whoever is the manager of utd is doomed by the curse of Fergie. No one has/will come anywhere near him now.

To be honest whoever is the manager of utd is doomed by the curse of Fergie. No one has/will come anywhere near him now.

Since Fergie retired United have spent several hundred million on players, including over 100m on Pogba (inc agents fees) and 500k/wk on Sanchez.

It’s not that anyone expects the team to be as good without Fergie at the helm, but the style of play is so poor. United are consistently the worst team to watch if any of the top 6.

POGBA!!! scores twice in two minutes!!! 2-2.

Yeah I'm back watching it now.

EDIT SMALLING MAKES IT 2-3!!!!

Get the Buses out now!!

Last edited:
What a comeback!!!

2-0 I turned over in disgust, kept up to date on Twitter, found out it was 2-1....meh, 2-2 HOLY ****, turned it straight over and then Smalling unlikely winner!

What a game, they perhaps should've had a penalty though.

That game had the feel of a big game from when I was little, when I was a little more naive to, and awestruck by, football. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and that's one Red vs Blue intracity derby that delivered today. Best "big game" I've seen for a while.

Man City were robbed. Cast iron penno not given. But credit to United, they came out in that second half like a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

8 games today, 0 Home wins, surely that has not happened many times at all. Shame either Arsenal or Chelsea or likely both will win tomorrow and spoil it. :lol:

After watching Man City completely throw it away today and then lose the plot, I wonder how they'll react should Liverpool score in mid week and after seeing City defending like that, I fail to see how they won't score at least once. You'd also think they were losing the title, with that collapse under very little pressure and then the completely unnecessary fouling that followed and yet they have still won the title it at a canter, even if it's not totally official yet.

The Liverpool Everton game was pretty much what I expected from the Manchester Derby today, I think City were unlucky not to get a penalty but what a come back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back