• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose’s press conference... hilarious stuff :lol:
My take on what he had to say yesterday is this.

Its great that he was full of passion and he did make some good points, but its doesn't excuse the performance on Tuesday night. It doesn't excuse the fact that whilst, as Jose pointed out, Sevilla are good team who are in the Spanish Cup final and have a good record in Europe, we should have done a lot better than what we did, we were the home team and I feel Sevilla were there for the taking, we were terrible and there was no desire or energy whatsoever, it was an embarrassment. his speech yesterday doesn't make up for that.

We play Brighton tonight in an FA Cup quarter final, its a big game....and I don't really feel like watching it, I will watch it but only because I feel I have too, not because I want too, after the other night I feel quite disheartened.
another crass press conference from Mourinho.
That man really thinks he is sent by some divine being to show us what football is all about.
I really hate Man United right now!! :mad::mad::banghead:
I've just caught up with Mourinho's comments on Luke Shaw. Holy actual ****.

He's been verbally kicking the crap out of Shaw for a full year, but the rinsing he gave him after the Brighton game was just ludicrous.

Spurs will get a nice bargain England international defender in the summer.

Not been as active lately but still lots to catch up on. Some of these are news to me whilst doing this post because I've been busy and travelling so much!

Bad run of form? Cambridge sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Grimsby sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Fleetwood sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Peterborough sack their manager.

Steve Evans leaves Mansfield to take the vacant Peterborough job.
David Flitcroft leaves Swindon to take the vacant Mansfield job.

Bad run of form? Birmingham sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Walsall sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Southampton sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Stevenage sack their manager.
Bad run of form? Barnet sack their manager. And appoint Martin Allen as manager for the fifth time.

The tough pill to swallow is Walsall dismissing Jon Whitney because Walsall have appointed my boy Dean Keates from Wrexham. We're doing so well this year compared to years gone by and with just nine games to go it's really harsh but I can't begrudge him; he's taking over his hometown team he captained to promotion. Who wouldn't?

9th February - Shaun Derry (Cambridge United, sacked) League Two
11th February - Russell Slade (Grimsby Town, sacked) League Two
17th February - Uwe Rösler (Fleetwood Town, sacked) League One
25th February - Grant McCann (Peterborough United, sacked) League One
27th February - Steve Evans (Mansfield Town, leaves for Peterborough United) League Two

1st March - David Flitcroft (Swindon Town, leaves for Mansfield Town) League Two
3rd March - Steve Cotterill (Birmingham City, sacked) Championship
12th March - Jon Whitney (Walsall, sacked) League One
12th March - Mauricio Pellegrino (Southampton, sacked) Premier League
18th March - Darren Sarll (Stevenage, sacked) League Two
19th March - Graham Westley (Barnet, sacked) League Two

Sacked: 33
Resigned: 2
Demoted: 2
Approaches: 3

Total: 40

---

As for other goings on, I'm almost flabberghasted at Jose Mourinho's press conferences. Not just that he's accepting bad performances but he's seriously burying Luke Shaw, a player who, let's not forget, is only 24 and is recovering from a double leg break. Just... wow.

As for other goings on, I'm almost flabberghasted at Jose Mourinho's press conferences. Not just that he's accepting bad performances but he's seriously burying Luke Shaw, a player who, let's not forget, is only 24 and is recovering from a double leg break. Just... wow.

Luke shaw woud be welcome at everton. Given that he overcomes his injures. Would be ideal to take over from baines as hes getting on now.

I think Mourinho's having his third season meltdown a year early.

He was piling into Luke Shaw 12 months ago too, banging on about how he was having to think for him and he doesn't have any football intelligence. Now he's subbing him at half time and personally blaming him, in public, for literally every attack Brighton had... in a game that Brighton lost 2-0.

Just... wow.

And still the Mancunians stand with him.

That entire stadium should be waving white handkerchiefs during the next game.

And still the Mancunians stand with him.

That entire stadium should be waving white handkerchiefs during the next game.
I wouldn't say I'm standing with him. I don't know if his tactics are outdated and therefore he isn't quite getting the success he once did but either way his treatment of certain players has to be brought into question.

I don't really want to talk United, the whole situation since the Sevilla defeat doesn't make me feel good.

I was going to add something to that I haven't got the words, I'm actually glad there's an international break now, but then again once that's over its United v Swansea, GAH!

It's quite the meltdown going on at the moment. He's supposedly fallen out with Zlatan, Shaw and Pogba, I'd much prefer Jose to go than all 3 of them. In fact I think Jose should leave this summer, let someone new come in (I'd be very happy with Pochetino but why would he leave Spurs for United at the moment) and run the rule over the players themselves.

If Jose has a clear out and that includes Shaw and Pogba I'd be furious. We have a top team, it's the style of play letting us down. Shaw is only 22 by the way, it's really classy for such a prominent person to lay it onto to a 22 year old that they manange, who despite having suffered a horrible leg break and coming back from that, is actually playing a lot better than given credit for.

Last edited:
So two weeks of friendlies and chat of where belgians are looking to play next season. And of course England (a team for southerners) choking it again against the big boys .Of course its the international break.

Euro 2016: Wales 3-0 Russia
China Cup: Wales 6-0 China

Doing more to put people in their places than NATO and the UN. If we beat the United States do we become the undisputed superpower?

Congratulations to Gareth Bale on becoming Wales' all-time top goalscorer after bagging a hat-trick against China today; 29 goals puts him ahead of Ian Rush's 28. And congratulations to Chris Gunter on becoming Wales' most-capped outfield player; 86 caps ahead of Gary Speed's 85 with just Neville Southall's outright record of 92 to beat.

29 goals in 69 games isn't bad for Bale considering he isn't a number 9 and was a left-back for the first 4 years of his international career.

Farewell to Zlatan then, his contract at United has been terminated ahead of a move to LA Galaxy next week.

Loved having him at the club, didn't play much this season because of his knee ligament injury but still scored a fair few goals last season.

Thanks for everything Zlatan. 👍

Good riddance. Ibrahimovic is an arrogant 🤬, never liked him. Now he's off to the retirement/could never make it in England league.

If anyone deserves to go and cash big money from the MLS is Ibra. Tremendous athlete. Tremendous striker. Top 5 in my personal list for best forwards I've ever seen.

Enjoy your retirement Ibra. Really looking forward to see him play against some team from Mexico City in the next Concachampions so I can witness a little bit of his glory with my own eyes.

Karl Robinson mysteriously quit Charlton only to surface at Oxford United hours later.

Oxford actually dumped their manager on 22nd January so it's been a long, two month search.

21st March - Jaap Stam (Reading, sacked) Championship
22nd March - Karl Robinson (Charlton Athletic, leaves for Oxford United) League One

Sacked: 34
Resigned: 2
Demoted: 2
Approaches: 4

Total: 42

Netherlands v England tonight, some English fans were arrested for public disorder last night, there were reports of certain fans pouring beer on boat passengers from bridges and throwing bikes in the canal.

Looks like Kyle Walker is starting at centre back. Pickford, Walker, Stones, Gomez, Trippier, Rose, Chamberlain, Henderson, Sterling, Lingard and Rashford is the team.

McTominay to start for Scotland v Costa Rica and Ireland are 1-0 down to Turkey.

Gomez has been the one moved to centre back for England though. Walker is one of England's best players, why put him out of position?

England won 0-1 with a nice strike from Lingard with his first goal for his country, England arguably deserved the win as the played well.

Scotland and Ireland both lost 1-0 to Costa Rica and Turkey respectively.

Wales unfortunately lost 1-0 to Uruguay a bit earlier in the China Cup final, Cavani got the winner on his 100th cap.

Not a disgrace to lose to a very good Uruguay team, some positives to take from the tournament for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back