2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

wow,beautifull looking Sauber...can't believe i say it... :D

Now i can't wait to see what the other teams come up with!!

Horner said the new RB is the best looking car he ever seen...hope he is right ! :cheers:

Spy.

I'm torn. The color palette is great. 👍 The big white blob on the side brings it down a few notches for me. 👎 That part needs something extra, IMO.

Last edited:
My first thought was Rothmans, so I thought of this:
5796347589_e8ee5e8e18_b.jpg

I really like it, it's a more old fashioned livery, and it works really well, bar the shark fin. Hopefully it wasn't just designed to look good and actually proves competitive. Make me even more disappointed that it's running a 2016 engine.

Well played to Sauber. Sadly I don't find the cars looking that substantially different, but the big rear tires give me the "hnnnnggg" so well done. I love the livery - smart of Sauber to get all of the attention/media by being first (brilliant marketing/advertising move). I do think the car would KILL with matching gold wheels - but the colour tire bands would ruin that as well (I understand the idea behind the colour markings but they do ruin most livery/appearances).

Very pretty colour scheme - and colour schemes are free compared to everything else in motorsport, so why not put in the extra effort to get some attention. If you're not fast - be pretty. Nicely done.

This year should be fun... The new regulations are going to be great, the cars will look fantastic and it makes me even more excited for the Australian GP. For a second, I didn't believe that the images of the Williams and Sauber were legit. They are brilliant and I would love to see what the other teams do.

So Horner claims Renault had quite the gains this winter. So first Bell, now Horner, as a Mercedes fan I feel Mercedes should be worried. It's said Allison was picked due to how good he is with Aero. So we'll see which aero group is better, cause engines might not matter this time.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/02/20/horner-new-renault-engine/

Speaking of Renault, the new car will be revealed at 2:30 pm UK time Feb. 21st.

And a article on ESPN for what to look for in the development of the cars this year.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18725584/what-look-this-year-new-f1-cars

I think the best thing is to consider all talks of performance gains by anyone that isn't Mercedes to be filed under B for BS until March 25.

Interesting tidbit from McLaren's twitter:

Is that orange I see?

I think the best thing is to consider all talks of performance gains by anyone that isn't Mercedes to be filed under B for BS until March 25.

Interesting tidbit from McLaren's twitter:

Is that orange I see?

I dont considering the RBR still hold more World Titles than Mercedes and are just as well funded, were a threat more often than they had been the prior two years. As well as having what many consider to bet the best or second best driver line up and best aero team. In a new package that seemingly rewards aero, more than the last 3 years of being power units as the deciding factor.

I just hope the Red Bulls aren't on rails around the corners only to end up sitting ducks in a straight line.
I'm not saying design a Williams cause that clearly doesn't work, just give the car a fighting chance to defend on the straights.
Can't remember exactly which year but Webber was still at the team & at a lot of the circuits, they were the slowest through the speed trap :banghead:

I just hope the Red Bulls aren't on rails around the corners only to end up sitting ducks in a straight line.
Ah, but then you get cars that are lightning quick in a straight line and on ice skates around the corners, and it's a real race.

I'm not saying design a Williams cause that clearly doesn't work, just give the car a fighting chance to defend on the straights.
Can't remember exactly which year but Webber was still at the team & at a lot of the circuits, they were the slowest through the speed trap :banghead:

That wasn't because of a poor engine that was because they were running more aero on average than other teams, last year there were a handful of times the Mercs didn't have the highest trap speed or even close to it, and still easily took off with the race. These guys know what balance is better than the other mid field teams it could be said.

Also I've given a few articles saying that Renault are pretty sure they're finding power gains to the point they think they are on the same level as Ferrari or better. With Mercedes being not the far in the distance now. However, this is hard to say because we don't know about the new Ferrari or Merc engines or even honda

True, but the law of diminishing returns means they're a year closer to perfection, they arguably have the most potential gain from it this year.

Eh I think McLaren are the definition of Murphy's Law for the grid that means the negative too and usually does.

Is that orange I see?

The paint splatters on the holder are black :indiff: but there seems to be something Orange in the reflection on the paint gun handle and some orange paint on the table... heres hoping!

FYI, Renault are unveiling on Facebook today at 14:30 GMT. @RenaultSportFormulaOneTeam

That wasn't because of a poor engine that was because they were running more aero on average than other teams, last year there were a handful of times the Mercs didn't have the highest trap speed or even close to it, and still easily took off with the race. These guys know what balance is better than the other mid field teams it could be said.

Also I've given a few articles saying that Renault are pretty sure they're finding power gains to the point they think they are on the same level as Ferrari or better. With Mercedes being not the far in the distance now. However, this is hard to say because we don't know about the new Ferrari or Merc engines or even honda

Mercedes seems to have a new engine too from the video with lewis and the team reacting to the noise. This is why it's so hard to catch up in F1 because other team progress too.

The paint splatters on the holder are black :indiff: but there seems to be something Orange in the reflection on the paint gun handle and some orange paint on the table... heres hoping!

Although, the paint in the actual reservoir attached to the top of the gun is white. Maybe silver.

Although, the paint in the actual reservoir attached to the top of the gun is white. Maybe silver.

I think McLaren might just be trolling us, that's just a normal shop paint gun they took a photo of and has nothing to do with the car or it's colour scheme whatsoever! :lol:

Back