2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

The U shape in the livery is weird, like they ran out of paint.

Not a fan of the shark fin, but otherwise it looks quite nice.

Was thinking the same thing when the side view offered no answers about it's existence! Very weird piece of design. At least the shark fin is painted black in an attempt to hide it, but I think it will fail to do so on the track!!!

Yeah I agree, there are protruding elements from the front wing going toward the front tires...never seen that before.

I think it's just more noticeable here, but teams have been running similar designs for several years now (I think it was introduced on BrawnGP in 2009) where the flaps end behind endplate rather than joining it.

Not really a fan of the golden front wing and golden mirrors, otherwise the livery does look nice. Too bad that they don't have any sponsors to put on the car, looks so empty. I wonder why they made the fin black, instead of blue or white.

Probably didn't want to waste the paint, in case the FIA bans it after the first test. :lol:

Was thinking the same thing when the side view offered no answers about it's existence! Very weird piece of design. At least the shark fin is painted black in an attempt to hide it, but I think it will fail to do so on the track!!!

Actually if you look at the Silanna sponsor that should clue you in on to why they did that shape.

Holy moly that looks awesome!

The blue and gold go together, and they've actually tried with the livery, rather than the last 2 years.

Also, Shark fin 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Wow, that is one hell of a good looking livery and car. Really looking forward to seeing what the richer teams can do because Sauber has really set the bar high.

We did...it's a page back.

Oh you mean the super rich teams. Well Renault release tomorrow, not sure if they count and Ferrari are later this week.

That's one of the best looking cars I've seen in a long time. I'd expect more sponsors once the season is on but they certainly have a great base to work with.

Also it should be noted that the power unit being used is the same one seen in the 2016 Ferrari at Abu. So that's what they're going to be using this year, just in case anyone needs that info for later on. And considering it's been well know anyways that they'd be running the 2016 Ferrari, this gives the exact variant of it.

Couple of new shots:

16807561_574872512706258_5347080540098641920_n.jpg

16864312_574872579372918_8706259514354063658_n.jpg

I rather like the look of that. The livery's gone from looking like a **** GP3 backmarker to looking like a rather solid livery from the early 90s. The car itself looks phenomenal from the side, it's so long. Hopefully Sauber won't once again be the best midfield team to find themselves at the back.

The livery's gone from looking like a **** GP3 backmarker to looking like a rather solid livery from the early 90s.
The colour stands out because it's colour, which I think has been sorely lacking from the grid for a while now. If you look at the GP2 or Formula E grids in the last few years, they've been a riot of colours and you can usually pick the teams out immediately. Formula One has gotten better in recent years, but the teams have relied far too much on dark colours. One or two are okay, but when everyone runs some variation on dark blue, it's pretty boring. That's probably what made Haas so underwhelming last year - they had the opportunity to really stand out, and went with the least-imaginitive design of the lot.

So hopefully Renault will keep yellow, and McLaren will reintroduce the orange, and someone will go for a nice shade of green.

1997 Arrows anyone?
7e3133f50840ee2b61b921821d4adfe3.jpg

That's not fair, a year old spec Ferrari engine Sauber is far better than an almost winner Yamaha powered Arrows.

The JS43 from the year prior to this Arrows was shown by some as a comparison to the new Sauber livery on other sites. That seems to be closer.

Here's my opinion about Sauber's new machine: It's beautiful. The paint scheme really gives me that classic vibe of the golden era of F1, you know, the 80's and early 90's. And apart from the paint scheme, the car simply looks damn good. Very aggressive, and I don't even mind the shark fin anyway. Thumbs up for Sauber.

The shark fin really disturbs the aesthetic. Other than that, it's much better looking than the whole of the 2009-2016 era cars.

Back