2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

A very poor credibility rating here I would say, but it looks like what was seen earlier:

16649237_1907478119467460_4024826668930086431_n.jpg

I mean it's a very good render if it is really fake, because it takes many of the design ques from the last couple of McLaren all while incorporating the new design rules. So I almost wanna say I believe it and think McLaren are doing damage control by saying it's fake.

A very poor credibility rating here I would say, but it looks like what was seen earlier:

16649237_1907478119467460_4024826668930086431_n.jpg
That's definitely not fake. It's too detailed and realistic to be a fake, and it's not a Photoshop job. Hell it almost looks like an intern slipped a pic of a monitor.

Course, if it turns out to be fake, whomever created this deserves a job at an F1 team.

That's definitely not fake. It's too detailed and realistic to be a fake, and it's not a Photoshop job. Hell it almost looks like an intern slipped a pic of a monitor.

Course, if it turns out to be fake, whomever created this deserves a job at an F1 team.

It could easily be fake, there are plenty of people talented enough to render an F1 car and slap on sponsors that go with the team they've rendered. Almost every year someone does these theoretical or fakes. Like two years ago when someone put together a believable Sony title sponsored McLaren for that year that ended up being fake.

It could easily be fake, there are plenty of people talented enough to render an F1 car and slap on sponsors that go with the team they've rendered. Almost every year someone does these theoretical or fakes. Like two years ago when someone put together a believable Sony title sponsored McLaren for that year that ended up being fake.
There's a CNN decal on the front wing - I guess that means it's fake news!?

There's a CNN decal on the front wing - I guess that means it's fake news!?
Well, there's no way the Mercer family would stump up the cash for Breitbart to get their logo on a hybrid-powered car. :rolleyes:

I'm almost inclined to believe it solely due to the fact that McLaren always launch their cars without the T-cam on top of the air box. The cars look odd without them and I wish McLaren would stop doing this to me.

I'm almost inclined to believe it solely due to the fact that McLaren always launch their cars without the T-cam on top of the air box. The cars look odd without them and I wish McLaren would stop doing this to me.
I much prefer the sans t-box look. Makes it seem much smoother

Last edited:
For a moment there, I misread that as "money flow must be good there if they're paying Lowe in beer".

Well I am tired, from studying so I could have easily said that, I mean I used the wrong there. Funny though cause now that's how I see it. Thanks for the laugh.

When the cars get launched properly, should we post images and discuss them here, start a new thread for each car, or create a thread specifically for car launches?

When the cars get launched properly, should we post images and discuss them here, start a new thread for each car, or create a thread specifically for car launches?
We usually do individual threads, but I genuinely have no idea when the cars are being launched this year.

It would probably be an awful lot neater if we just had one general launch thread that all cars are posted in.
The launch schedule helps, since there aren't many clashes this year. It would probably be worth having someone to update the opening post with every launch.

Why not both!? So we don't do the same song and dance from last year, where the mods said there is no reason to consolidate things to a singular thread, and more threads the better. So with that said let's hope for more interesting cars.

The launch schedule helps, since there aren't many clashes this year. It would probably be worth having someone to update the opening post with every launch.

Eh or you could go through 7 pages really quick. People have posted dates so it's not that hard to find.

First official images of the FW40:

6022babb47daeeccbb46975317ec192f.jpg
I'll reserve my final opinion until I see more cars & more angles but, at the moment, I think the air intake/Roll bar structure looks too low for the width of the car.
Also, I'm going to be so disappointed if all the cars have the fin on the engine cover.
I fully understand why it's there, I just don't like the aesthetics of it at all.

I'd prefer info kept in 1 thread, rather than having to find and set alerts for 10 threads besides this one!

I wonder how many stepped rear wing designs we will see? Manor would have used one if they were around and it is presumed that Ferrari will be given it was used on Pirelli test base. I don't think the engine fin is as extreme as others we may see, and the rest of the car seems very vanilla to me? Likely to change though once car has arrived in Melbourne...

I'll reserve my final opinion until I see more cars & more angles but, at the moment, I think the air intake/Roll bar structure looks too low for the width of the car.
Also, I'm going to be so disappointed if all the cars have the fin on the engine cover.
I fully understand why it's there, I just don't like the aesthetics of it at all.

Williams have always had that there...
williams-fw38-2016-3.jpg

16649405_1314881095245598_6962476412133954058_n.jpg

It's better than the original design for the shark fins, the ones that connected the engine cover to the rear wing. They always reminded me of an articulated lorry. Here, the rear edge of the fin is level with the rear wing, so hopefully more teams will adopt this approach.

It's better than the original design for the shark fins, the ones that connected the engine cover to the rear wing. They always reminded me of an articulated lorry. Here, the rear edge of the fin is level with the rear wing, so hopefully more teams will adopt this approach.
The 2008 shark fins were better looking than the 2010 one definitely, but 2010 was all about F-Ducting, rather than the aero advantage that they got in 2008.

You're looking at the most beautiful F1 car of 2017. Calling it.

Back