2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Stoked to see Kobayashi get the seat, hopefully the new car will let him show what he can do!
Another shot of the new livery:
CaVinMXUkAEkCLx.jpg

Black, White and Red. Wonder where they got that idea from ;) :lol:

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it on the new car.

👎👎 Making it look like the Germans wont fool anybody into thinking (other than Hindy maybe) that a Porsche/Audi is in trouble and not just 3 sec per lap slower in a very nice shade of Toyota blue.

👎👎 Making it look like the Germans wont fool anybody into thinking (other than Hindy maybe) that a Porsche/Audi is in trouble and not just 3 sec per lap slower in a very nice shade of Toyota blue.
I don't think they'll be 3 seconds off anymore. Car is brand new, so they'll hopefully be right up front with the other two.

Black, White and Red. Wonder where they got that idea from ;) :lol:

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it on the new car.

It's a Gazoo Racing livery, so it makes perfect sense that it's those colors.

:odd: Are you serious?

upload_2016-2-3_22-19-29.png

upload_2016-2-3_22-20-11.png

Tell how that "Looks like the germans"

What is Toyota blue? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any blue Toyotas aside from the Minolta 88C-V and TS030. I always think of red and white when I think of Toyota. The 7 was white with red, GT-One was red and white, all their old Celica rally cars were red and white (newer Castrol cars with green added in), and most of the Toyota GT500 cars have been either white or red. Their F1 cars were also red and white.

And then there's Gazoo, which is white, red, and black.

The red in that picture doesn't look like it's as vivid as the live feed. Looks faded lol
The faded red reminds me of the DENSO Supra from JGTC.

Toyota is testing the Yaris WRC in exact the same colours since last year, also the GT86 Rally car has this livery......
Probably because the colours of TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) are black/white/red?!!

1.JPG

Looks great! A Toyota back in proper colors is very welcome! 👍 However we have a paradox now...all the LMP1's aside from that ex-Lotus thing are red. :lol:

For those unhappy, Toyota only originally went to blue because the car (TS030) was a hybrid, and the blue signified it being a hybrid. The test livery of the TS030 was a red version of the actual race livery which honestly I always thought was better looking.

2012 TS030 test car
2012_Toyota_TS030HYBRID2.jpg

I always had the theory that Toyota went with blue to pick up a few former Peugeot fans after they gave up. It was around that time that they did it.

Looks great! A Toyota back in proper colours is very welcome! 👍 However we have a paradox now...all the LMP1's aside from that ex-Lotus thing are red. :lol:

For those unhappy, Toyota only originally went to blue because the car (TS030) was a hybrid, and the blue signified it being a hybrid. The test livery of the TS030 was a red version of the actual race livery which honestly I always thought was better looking.
The Porsche 919 Hybrid is white with only the retro livery of the #17 at Le Mans last year being red. The colour scheme is similar to Audi but it will be impossible to get them mixed up as the 2016 R18 is as ugly as sin while the TS050 will be very similar to the TS040 based on the teaser photos.

The new livery is very nice but I still miss the blue of previous seasons. However, it means we won't be subjected to blue wheels thankfully.
I always had the theory that Toyota went with blue to pick up a few former Peugeot fans after they gave up. It was around that time that they did it.
There was talk that the blue, while being the hybrid colour for Toyota, was a nod to the blue of Oreca who were helping Toyota with it's WEC programme. Not sure how true that is but it is a nice thought if it is.
That new Toyota livery looks awesome! Hopefully they can go back to their winning form like in 2014
Here is hoping! Being a Toyota die-hard, 2015 was tough as it was a toothless championship defence despite making huge strides in pace. 2-3s per lap quicker is immense over the previous season but when your competitors improve by 5-6s your car will unfortunately be deemed a failure.

Okay... Your point is?
It doesn't look all that similar to the Audi if you have decent eyes, and it looks NOTHING like the Porsche, so I'm at a loss.
Personally, I love that they've gotten back to the whole white and red combination.
You cant air quote the "whole white and red combination" and leave out silver and black. Do you have a issue with silver and black? #blackandsilverracecarsmattertoo ;)

You cant air quote the "whole white and red combination" and leave out silver and black. Do you have a issue with silver and black? #blackandsilverracecarsmattertoo ;)

Are you just going to keep up the irrelevant complaining?

It's the teams colours. Deal with it.

Are you just going to keep up the irrelevant complaining?

It's the teams colours. Deal with it.
Does quoting your irrelevant post now make it relevant? Probably not.

Was I talking to you. Definitely not.

Deal with it, or feel free to ignore me. Either way I dont really care.

It doesn't look all that similar to the Audi if you have decent eyes,
When it goes past you at night it's remarkably easier to mix up two similarly coloured cars.

Anyway, I like the blue one better, and the original red test livery. The new one has too much black on it.

I actually would like Toyota more with the Gazoo colors. The red, white and blue is already way overused and them ditching it would be a nice change.

Does quoting your irrelevant post now make it relevant? Probably not.

Was I talking to you. Definitely not.

Deal with it, or feel free to ignore me. Either way I dont really care.
Showing a lot of care for someone who claims he doesn't care.

Latest Posts

Back