2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
If there is one thing I wish IMSA would change, it's the yellow system. I like the quickie system, but I think they should (especially for NAEC races) make some sort of slow zone system and also allow everyone to pit at once if the pits can handle the whole grid. I don't have a problem with FCYs for accidents, track inspections, and debris cleanup if the track is littered with it, but a stranded car in a slower spot on track could be taken care of without the FCY.

my stream is ****** up at work. been watching the mazda 55 dashcam so far, and a bit of the imsa livestram on the cellphone, but missing huge chunks :/

my stream is ****** up at work. been watching the mazda 55 dashcam so far, and a bit of the imsa livestram on the cellphone, but missing huge chunks :/
You're not missing much. 75% of the coverage has been the Caddy's formation flying out front. I hope the director realizes there's other racing taking place on the track :banghead:

Edit: holy 🤬 it's like the douche has never watched a race before. They're teamates, and there's 23.5 hours to go....they're not "scrapping for the lead". Omg! If something happens, catch a replay God damn it!! :mad:

Last edited:
And now we just spent 1 full minute watching a Ferrari sit in its pit box. How exhilarating!!! Seriously, what is wrong with these program directors!?!?!?

Hey I'm at the race and check for updates here for stuff happening around the track I can't see, so are we using the Rolex 24 thread going forward? I'd rather not go back and forth between 2 threads to check for info. You guys are my news crew.:cheers:

Hey I'm at the race and check for updates here for stuff happening around the track I can't see, so are we using the Rolex 24 thread going forward? I'd rather not go back and forth between 2 threads to check for info. You guys are my news crew.:cheers:
Using the Rolex 24 thread, yep. Hope you're having a blast at Daytona.

Just got home from work. What are the storylines so far?

- Jeff Gordon is in the race!
- Cadillac's are dominating, the rest of the P field has had issues or are just off the pace
- Seriously, Jeff Gordon is in the race!
- GTLM and GTD arepretty good battles, but have been ignored because...

- JEFF GORDON IS IN THE RACE!!!!!!!!!

Back