2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
http://www.imsa.com/news/122016/introducing-no-10-konica-minolta-cadillac-dpi-vr

15369924_1182471991831051_3817823388868601061_o.jpg

Well...I still think the Mazda is the only genuinely new/neat looking car. I'm sure the racing will be good but I expected more out of Cadillac.

No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R Specifications

Chassis: The monocoque is made by Dallara of carbon fiber with aluminum honeycomb and zylon side panels. The bodywork is carbon fiber with Kevlar panel inserts.

Engine: Cadillac 6.2 liter V-8 engine, the same engine that powers the Cadillac CTS-V supersedan. Finer points include: Cadillac Gen V LT based 6.2-liter, naturally aspirated V-8 with production-based aluminum block and heads. Earnhardt Childress Racing (ECR)-designed semi-stressed engine mounting system with integral oil lubrication system.

Exhaust: Rear-facing, top exit, dual outlet multi-branch exhaust header system.

Power: 600 horsepower at approximately 7,900 rpm.

Fuel Capacity: 19.8 gallons.

Engine Management: Bosch MS5.0 ECU, C60 DATA Logger, traction control.

Electronics:
Power: Cosworth IPS48, SSR300A, RLU, RSP20.
Data: Cosworth CLU Plus Pro.
Rear-View Camera: Gentex Corporation, GNTX-R, Rear Camera Mirror.

Steering Wheel: Cosworth CCW Mk2, paddle shift, 4.5-inch TFT LCD.

Clutch: Tilton 5.5 Carbon Disc

Gearbox: Xtrac P1159F, transverse sequential six-speed.

Steering: KYB electrically assisted rack and pinion

Suspension: Front/rear double wishbone independent pushrod

Brakes: Brembo Monobloc six-piston light aluminum calipers, carbon fiber discs and pads

Weight/Length/Width/Height: 2,050 pounds / 15.58 feet (187 inches) / 6.23 feet (74.8 inches) / 3.78 feet (45.3 inches)

Wheels: American Racing forged AL6061-T6 rims (front 18.0 inches x 12.5 inches; rear 18.0 inches x 13.0 inches)

Tires: Continental Tire (front 320/680-R18; rear 325/710-R18)

Oooh that Caddy is lookin goooooood :drool: Great example of how a simple livery, on the right car, can really go a long way. Can't wait to see Gordon behind the wheel of this thing at Daytona!!

Interesting how tire sizes are nearly equal front-to-rear. Wonder if they were having front grip issues in testing.

:lol: Now I'm torn between the black on the WTR, and the white on the other two....all 3 look really great in my eyes.

Now I just can't wait to see the Mazda in a full livery.

That side skirt and splitter on the C7.R are a lot bigger than they were last season.
I thought there was something new about it. I thought I was seeing things when I saw that undertray arrangement on the car. They've been busy in Detroit obviously.

So I guess that will mean Ford OP this year?
Only if they have figured out anything. Porsche's debuting a new car though, and BMW has the M6 running like it should now I bet, same for Ferrari. Overall another crazy year ahead. :D

I'm really liking the Cadillac's in race guise. I also like that they didn't try taking too many cues from their road vehicles as I don't think their design language would have transferred as well as Mazda's.

Latest Posts

Back