2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,170 views
http://www.imsa.com/news/122016/introducing-no-10-konica-minolta-cadillac-dpi-vr

15369924_1182471991831051_3817823388868601061_o.jpg
 
Well...I still think the Mazda is the only genuinely new/neat looking car. I'm sure the racing will be good but I expected more out of Cadillac.
 
No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R Specifications

Chassis: The monocoque is made by Dallara of carbon fiber with aluminum honeycomb and zylon side panels. The bodywork is carbon fiber with Kevlar panel inserts.

Engine: Cadillac 6.2 liter V-8 engine, the same engine that powers the Cadillac CTS-V supersedan. Finer points include: Cadillac Gen V LT based 6.2-liter, naturally aspirated V-8 with production-based aluminum block and heads. Earnhardt Childress Racing (ECR)-designed semi-stressed engine mounting system with integral oil lubrication system.

Exhaust: Rear-facing, top exit, dual outlet multi-branch exhaust header system.

Power: 600 horsepower at approximately 7,900 rpm.

Fuel Capacity: 19.8 gallons.

Engine Management: Bosch MS5.0 ECU, C60 DATA Logger, traction control.

Electronics:
Power: Cosworth IPS48, SSR300A, RLU, RSP20.
Data: Cosworth CLU Plus Pro.
Rear-View Camera: Gentex Corporation, GNTX-R, Rear Camera Mirror.

Steering Wheel: Cosworth CCW Mk2, paddle shift, 4.5-inch TFT LCD.

Clutch: Tilton 5.5 Carbon Disc

Gearbox: Xtrac P1159F, transverse sequential six-speed.

Steering: KYB electrically assisted rack and pinion

Suspension: Front/rear double wishbone independent pushrod

Brakes: Brembo Monobloc six-piston light aluminum calipers, carbon fiber discs and pads

Weight/Length/Width/Height: 2,050 pounds / 15.58 feet (187 inches) / 6.23 feet (74.8 inches) / 3.78 feet (45.3 inches)

Wheels: American Racing forged AL6061-T6 rims (front 18.0 inches x 12.5 inches; rear 18.0 inches x 13.0 inches)

Tires: Continental Tire (front 320/680-R18; rear 325/710-R18)
 
Oooh that Caddy is lookin goooooood :drool: Great example of how a simple livery, on the right car, can really go a long way. Can't wait to see Gordon behind the wheel of this thing at Daytona!!
 
Interesting how tire sizes are nearly equal front-to-rear. Wonder if they were having front grip issues in testing.
 
Interesting how tire sizes are nearly equal front-to-rear. Wonder if they were having front grip issues in testing.
Thats the standard sizing for all 2017 P2 and DPi chassis.
 
So Mazda is just a 2-car factory effort this year, with no others?
 
:lol: Now I'm torn between the black on the WTR, and the white on the other two....all 3 look really great in my eyes.

Now I just can't wait to see the Mazda in a full livery.
 
That side skirt and splitter on the C7.R are a lot bigger than they were last season.
I thought there was something new about it. I thought I was seeing things when I saw that undertray arrangement on the car. They've been busy in Detroit obviously.
 
More likely improvements since the regs have not changed since last year (when the new LMGTE regs debuted).

So I guess that will mean Ford OP this year?
 
THEY LOOK SO GOOD :drool:

I was thinking about the fact that those are pretty much the first pictures you can actually tell what the shape of the headlights are.
 
So I guess that will mean Ford OP this year?
Only if they have figured out anything. Porsche's debuting a new car though, and BMW has the M6 running like it should now I bet, same for Ferrari. Overall another crazy year ahead. :D
 
I'm really liking the Cadillac's in race guise. I also like that they didn't try taking too many cues from their road vehicles as I don't think their design language would have transferred as well as Mazda's.
 
Back