2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
More pictures and video of Sebring testing including the new P2/DPi cars and some Aston Martin

Shots of the Rebellion car:
CzgvjgdXUAQ3-xV.jpg:large

CzgjttpVQAAk2WT.jpg

showers. :D http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/137142-analysis-how-new-dpi-stacks-up-vs-prototypes It will be interesting to see if any of the former DP drivers struggle with these new cars. I bet a few will.

If that Sebring Video is anything to go by (the part where one car gets extremely tail happy), I don't think it'll be that different. Max Angelli is basically back in the kind of cars he used to drive prior to Grand Am and the Taylor Brothers got a taste of LMP2 not too long ago so apart from the closed cockpit, it won't be that new to them.

The drivers in both AXR cars have experience in P2 cars as well (one of them with Level 5 not too long ago).

If that Sebring Video is anything to go by (the part where one car gets extremely tail happy), I don't think it'll be that different. Max Angelli is basically back in the kind of cars he used to drive prior to Grand Am and the Taylor Brothers got a taste of LMP2 not too long ago so apart from the closed cockpit, it won't be that new to them.

The drivers in both AXR cars have experience in P2 cars as well (one of them with Level 5 not too long ago).
Not to nit-pick, how do you get any indication of "how the cars will be" from that one 10 second clip? The car got loose exiting a slow corner, so that tells you....?

Also, why would a closed cockpit be new for the Taylor brothers?

Not to nit-pick, how do you get any indication of "how the cars will be" from that one 10 second clip? The car got loose exiting a slow corner, so that tells you....?

Also, why would a closed cockpit be new for the Taylor brothers?

Because the LMP2 cars got a 150 HP increase. Given that clip is the first one with a LMP2 car driven in anger, that tail happy moment tells me these cars won't be as easy to drive as the last ones were and that was just with a rebadged Nissan V8. Just imagine what'll happen with the LS3 in the back of the Caddys.

Also, I meant that the apart from the closed cockpit on the LMP2 car (not overall), it won't be all that new to them.

Why did they add 150HP to the LMP2 class? So now they're pushing close to 600? It's basically an LMP1 without hybrid bonus power. I thought LMP2 was to be like a "novice" version of LMP1 so the lower 470HP was a good amount to work with. Easier for the amateur drivers and all y'know?

Why did they add 150HP to the LMP2 class? So now they're pushing close to 600? It's basically an LMP1 without hybrid bonus power. I thought LMP2 was to be like a "novice" version of LMP1 so the lower 470HP was a good amount to work with. Easier for the amateur drivers and all y'know?
The added power was part DPi plan (IIRC), and partially to get a further gap between GTE and LMP2.

Aint AXR cute, they borrowed styling from Porsche LMP1 and now they are acting like them too, engine covers and rope lines. :boggled: Top secret P2 car with a small block Chevy in back.👎👎

Zoom zoom.

:drool: That Mazda sounds fantastic!

Says who? LMP2 shouldn't not be looked at in the same light as GTD or GTE am. Yes they have a few novice drivers but they have big names attached most of the time. The privateer teams fighting in the U.S. and Europe are backed by some pretty big groups and it's much more lucrative for them to fight in that class than try to waste money for a class that only appears in one are of the world. Also if they do get invited to Le Mans they have to adjust their cars anyways.

Couple things:

1 - THAT CADILLAC'S V8 IS AMAZING! :drool:
2 - That aero on the Mazda is almost entirely different than the stock Riley.
3 - JEFF GORDON! :D

Back