2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
Since the 38 just came out of the pits using a mirror might have been a good idea.

So its somehow all that car's fault that Nick Heidfeld misjudged how clear he was? Looks to me like the 13's spotter wasn't exactly all that good on letting him know how clear he actually was. And on a pit exit as sketchy as Road Atlanta, you can't put ALL that responsibility on the guy exiting.

So its somehow all that car's fault that Nick Heidfeld misjudged how clear he was? Looks to me like the 13's spotter wasn't exactly all that good on letting him know how clear he actually was. And on a pit exit as sketchy as Road Atlanta, you can't put ALL that responsibility on the guy exiting.
Yeah, who else is driving the 38? And where was the crew from the 38 car during this, taking photos with their participation trophy?

Yeah, who else is driving the 38? And where was the crew from the 38 car during this, taking photos with their participation trophy?

So by your exact same flawed logic, it was the Farnbacher-Loles Porsche's fault that this happened?

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of illogical BS that spews from your mouth despite the obvious being right there before your eyes.

Always nice to hear the opinions of Leena Gade when she joins RLM for any of their broadcasts (IMSA or otherwise). Would be nicer if she overseeing a couple Bentleys in GTD, though.

For whatever reason, Bentley doesn't seem too keen on a US program (apart from the temporary time they had in PWC with Dyson).

Also, I do agree about Leena Gade. Really adds something to the coverage.

The way it just went straight into the wall looks like a suspension failure. Driver looked winded as well, which is understandable looking at the way that car made contact.

So by your exact same flawed logic, it was the Farnbacher-Loles Porsche's fault that this happened?

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of illogical BS that spews from your mouth despite the obvious being right there before your eyes.
bla bla bla.

Just got home and turned it on to see a caution with 30 minutes left. What did I miss after Hour 2?

Where's the Team Penske prototype that crashed early?

Just got home and turned it on to see a caution with 30 minutes left. What did I miss after Hour 2?

Where's the Team Penske prototype that crashed early?

Fighting for the win now. Crash wasn't bad, just damaged rear wing.

That's awesome. they were still down a lap for a while and when I left for work so I didn't know what would happen.

I wish I could have watched the sunset, that's the best part of these long races.

5 just completely threw any chance they had of winning away with both the initial penalty and ignoring the call to serve the penalty. Drive through for not serving the penalty quick enough after the flag was posted.

It is interesting that the Penske didnt get a penalty for ripping the nose off the Lexus and ESM and AXR did for their driving.

Next year is going to be amazing if it's anything like this race.

At least IMSA doesn't have the super long offseason that IndyCar has.

I would love to see IMSA give the GTLM cars a 25kg weight drop and +1mm of restrictor/and = level of boost increase to increase the gap to GTD.

So, teams likely to be at the front next year: WTR, Penske, Joest, AXR, and ESM showing serious muscle. Why oh why does the season have to end now?

So a seemingly enhanced effort from Caddy with the ATS budget allegedly being diverted to the DPi effort, Penske running the Acura, Joest fielding the Mazda, ESM being strong at the end, and several teams stepping up to Prototypes next year. If the BoP is right, the prototype class could be a literal bloodbath next year.

Back