2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
I really wish Bud would just do a one off race. I feel HAAS would allow it for one race.
I reckon the problem would be less with Budweiser and Haas, and more with Junior's other sponsors who were tripping over each other to get primary sponsorship time. It's been said more than once that while everyone else is struggling to find sponsors, the 88 is the only team that's had to turn them away simply because there's no open space on the car to place them.

So Toyotas and Kyle Busch for Cup.

Really anyone other than Truex would give a pretty entertaining result. Kyle winning would throw in the possibility of Brad getting pissy though.

Xfinity doesn’t have much to offer. I guess Byron has potential to rile people up, but not much.

Cindric winning would be rather fun.

Trucks: Bell
Xfinity: Byron
Cup: Would like to see Busch get another one, but Truex deserves it for the season he's had. Brad or Kevin would be the next monkey wrench into this godforsaken format.

Truex should have a leg up because he was the only one of the championship contenders to participate at Homestead a few weeks back at the tire test.

Trucks: Don't know. I haven't watched a truck race since about midway into the season because I always forget when it's on.
Xfinity: William Byron
Cup: Truex Jr. but if I had to bet, I would pick either Busch or Harvick.

Truex should have a leg up because he was the only one of the championship contenders to participate at Homestead a few weeks back at the tire test.
Harvick specifically said he avoided that test because the track was not rubbered up, and the test results would be worthless. The Cup race will take place as the last event in a triple-header weekend with trucks, Xfinity, and Cup, and Harvick expects the track will be very different on Sunday vs the day of the test.

Harvick specifically said he avoided that test because the track was not rubbered up, and the test results would be worthless. The Cup race will take place as the last event in a triple-header weekend with trucks, Xfinity, and Cup, and Harvick expects the track will be very different on Sunday vs the day of the test.

It's Florida and it rains a lot. We'll see.

I expect Jr, Kenseth and Danica's cars to be illegal is hell because.... well, who really cares?
Junior will start dead last because of an engine change.

Any chance it's one of the old engines with 900 horsepower, instead of the 750 they have now with the required intake spacer?

Junior will start dead last because of an engine change.

Any chance it's one of the old engines with 900 horsepower, instead of the 750 they have now with the required intake spacer?

Spy shot of Jr's updated car for tomorrow...

images(37).jpg

Trucks: Don't care
Xfinity: Don't care
Cup: Harvick

Forgot to add, while I think Harvick will win it for Cup, it would be hilarious to see BK win and give some more drunken interviews on the post race shows like he did when he won in 2012.

Trucks: Cindric. The salt generated from the rest of the field would be worth it
Xfinity: IDGAF
Cup: **sigh** Truex. Mostly waiting for next year though.

Trucks: Cindric. The salt generated from the rest of the field would be worth it
Xfinity: IDGAF
Cup: **sigh** Truex. Mostly waiting for next year though.
Trucks was last night. Bell won the title and Briscoe won the race, his first career race win in the truck series.

So Christopher Bell clinches the Truck championship - I suppose that was the best possible outcome even though the system continues to suck. Wouldn't have minded Crafton and Sauter, but now they got a first-time champion who isn't a complete douche, and had the best full season stats too.

Xfinity Championship race is under way. Stage 1 is completed and the Championship 4 looks like this;
Daniel Hemric
Elliott Sadler
William Byron
Justin Allgaier

Daniel Hemric to pit road unscheduled to change a battery. Gonna go down a couple laps.
Edit: Comes out of the pits 11 laps down.

Last edited:
End of stage 2;
William Byron
Elliott Sadler
Justin Allgaier

Daniel Hemric is 12 laps down.

Back