2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Can't seem to find the new formal name of the series. Monster Energy Cup Series? Monster Energy Grand National Series? Inquiring minds, etc.

It seems like NASCAR is trying to appeal to a younger audience with the addition of Monster as the Title Sponsor. Wonder if that means we'll see less weiner hardener pill commercials?

FANTASTIC NEWS TODAY!! Its a great day for the sport and the racing we love, NASCAR. Great way to connect with the younger generation. I believe it will be either the Monster Energy Series or the Monster Energy Premiere Series. Either way I am fine with the Cup leaving the title. Its an easy way for the sponsor to be seen and said more. When Nextel came into the series in 04 there was an excitement around the series. I believe this will be bigger. Better be getting free Monster Energy Drinks in 2017!!

I'm not sure what or how to feel about this. On one hand, I like the Monster Girls. On the other, I want to see if NASCAR itself can be saved with this new move.

12273026_893094770779810_36898000_n.jpg

I really don't like Monster Energy as the title sponsor. Monster just seems like such a tacky brand, that I only ever really associate with teenagers, and not particularly the cool respectful teenagers. Here in Australia, Monster just doesn't have a very good perception too it, but then again neither does any energy drink here really, apart from Red Bull maybe.

Oh great, now that song is back in my head. Thanks. :grumpy:

In all seriousness though, I doubt this is going to have much of an effect in bringing in a younger audience. The Monster logo is such a ubiquitous thing now that it's like seeing a Fox Racing or No Fear sticker of the back window of a pickup truck so casual folks won't really notice. And as far as motorsports goes, the dude-bro Ken Block gymkhana crowd that associates with Monster is probably one of the loudest bunches of NASCAR haters from my experience, so this isn't going to immediately flip-flop their opinion.

After all of the hoopla and searching from NASCAR to try and find a company dumb enough to spend 5 billion for 10 years to sponsor a race series, intial reports from ESPN are that the Monster deal is worth 2.5x less than Sprint's.

Why is that even an award? In the last 40-or-so years, it's been Bill, Dale, and Jr. There won't be competition for it after Jr leaves either. At least it is what it says it is, I guess.

Back