2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Clint Bowyer is going to sue HScott Motorsports for missing payments they owed him throughout the year: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/c...hscott-motorsports-missed-payments-commission
Drake-Saying-Is-This-Guy-Serious.gif

Well if it was written in the contract...kinda has the right too sue for failure to fulfil the rights written into the contract (whether its mute point...which it is...or not).

I really don't understand how HScott managed to 🤬 up so badly. In the three years they existed their cars were fully sponsored except for a few races where AccuDoc was the "sponsor". Where did all the money go? I know it wasn't going towards improving the team considering it was way better under Finch.

I feel bad for Clint though, he had to sit a whole year in crappy equipment and didn't even get paid to do so.

I really don't understand how HScott managed to 🤬 up so badly. In the three years they existed their cars were fully sponsored except for a few races where AccuDoc was the "sponsor". Where did all the money go? I know it wasn't going towards improving the team considering it was way better under Finch.

I feel bad for Clint though, he had to sit a whole year in crappy equipment and didn't even get paid to do so.

There's an old saying in racing. "If you want to make a million dollars in racing, start with two million."

I have a feeling the cars, even with sponsorship, were more costly to run than what the finishes were bringing in.

Last edited:
There's an old saying in racing. "If you want to make a million dollars in racing, start with two million."

I have a feeling the cars, even with sponsorship, were more costly to run than what the finishes were bringing in.
Most likely. It's not like the late 90's-early 2000's where a small-time team would work out of someone else's shop part-time, or buy a year old chassis from a 5-car outfit like Roush or RCR and run that to save cash on fabrication. Plus most sponsors probably aren't paying nearly as much as they were back in that era either, so just the cost of day-to-day operations likely eats up that sponsor money in a hurry if you're not running out front every week.

When buying the team, Scott pointed to Finch's struggles with Kurt and was quoted saying that he wouldn't make big signings that might bite him in the 🤬, instead wanting to focus on building around Justin Allgaier.

Whoops.

So seeing now that Harry Scott has failed pretty miserably at this whole running the team thing, I wonder if he'll let Steve actually be in control more of Turner-Scott. Under Steve's leadership the team was amazing, once Harry's name went on the side it went downhill pretty quick.

So seeing now that Harry Scott has failed pretty miserably at this whole running the team thing, I wonder if he'll let Steve actually be in control more of Turner-Scott. Under Steve's leadership the team was amazing, once Harry's name went on the side it went downhill pretty quick.
Turner has long been gone. Left after he ran out of money.

Turner-Scott or just HScott is dead

When buying the team, Scott pointed to Finch's struggles with Kurt and was quoted saying that he wouldn't make big signings that might bite him in the 🤬, instead wanting to focus on building around Justin Allgaier.

Whoops.

And yet Justin Left. That went swell.

Turner has long been gone. Left after he ran out of money.

Turner-Scott or just HScott is dead

Sorry guys but Much like the team will soon be, Steve Turner himself is dead. The fact that it has been "Hscott" (Either "With Chip Ganassi" or "With Justin Marks" in other series) should've told you soething.

Brainwave, maybe this has been said and I missed it, but I think Ford went and got themselves SHR because they saw the sinking ship that is Roush and wanted more than 3 consistently fast cars in Penske+1. FRM is okay but they really need more money to go faster but Ford obviously wanted bigger names than Landon Cassill, Gilliland, and a TBA.

Brainwave, maybe this has been said and I missed it, but I think Ford went and got themselves SHR because they saw the sinking ship that is Roush and wanted more than 3 consistently fast cars in Penske+1. FRM is okay but they really need more money to go faster but Ford obviously wanted bigger names than Landon Cassill, Gilliland, and a TBA.
It doesn't hurt the cause to try and level the field in your favor either. Chevy still holds the majority of the grid, but Toyota is a notable chunk, and now Ford looks to be taking a renewed interest...kinda.

Toyota just won the manufacturer championship, the first non-Chevy to win it since 2002. Combine that with Chevrolet losing two really good teams in the 4 and 41 to Ford and it seems Chevrolet's iron grip on the sport is starting to loosen.
All we need now is a new make to come along and get RCR to jump ship. Then it's going to be an all-out war with just about everybody on equal footing

Toyota just won the manufacturer championship, the first non-Chevy to win it since 2002. Combine that with Chevrolet losing two really good teams in the 4 and 41 to Ford and it seems Chevrolet's iron grip on the sport is starting to loosen.
All we need now is a new make to come along and get RCR to jump ship. Then it's going to be an all-out war with just about everybody on equal footing

In theory Honda could enter the Accord since it's about the right size, has a sedan version and has been built in Ohio ever since the line started. And since NASCAR uses fuel injected engines now, their one big reason for not coming in when Toyota did is gone.

I don't really see it happening though, because Toyota had successful grassroots support which spurred the decision to move into the upper leagues (including the guy running a Celica in the now-defunct Goody's Dash series that got a lot of attention at the time), and like you said I can't see any new manufacturer spending the huge amount of money to get established unless they can hook at least one big team right off the bat.

In theory Honda could enter the Accord since it's about the right size, has a sedan version and has been built in Ohio ever since the line started. And since NASCAR uses fuel injected engines now, their one big reason for not coming in when Toyota did is gone.

I don't really see it happening though, because Toyota had successful grassroots support which spurred the decision to move into the upper leagues (including the guy running a Celica in the now-defunct Goody's Dash series that got a lot of attention at the time), and like you said I can't see any new manufacturer spending the huge amount of money to get established unless they can hook at least one big team right off the bat.

Of all the teams right now I could see that could feasibly leave for a new make is RCR or Penske. Anybody else would have to have a huge, huge investment just on engines alone, let alone chassis.

RCR already does everything, and if you have them you also bring JTG, Germain, and Leavine into the fold. In fact, they and Andretti were on Dodge's list of possible teams for 2013 and beyond. Deals fell through because the parent company didn't like NASCAR and were reluctant to pay what Childress was looking for to make a switch. Andretti wasn't going to jump in without somebody making them engines and helping overall development so that never got past the negotiating table.

Penske has the facilities to make their own engines again but would need to hire more people to fill the department, which right now focuses mainly on customer cars.

You'd either need one of those teams or a superstar like Jr. or Gordon to come make a team and bring sponsorship. And Chevrolet has no intention right now of letting those two go.

Back