2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Caution out after last place, 10 lap down, no where near the lead pack Reed Sorensen Blew a tire in the tri-oval.
Small teams have to try and make money too. He did leave a trail of fender bits and hit the wall pretty hard.

This pack isn't spreading out...any bets?

OK guys, I had to break my "No NASCAR until they kill the stages or end up on death's door" policy to watch this one since it's Jr.'s third to last plate race. That said, looks to be mostly clean so far

The Crank It UP and Spotter Coverage segments are always really cool at the restrictor plate races. It really drives home how much communication there is and how chaotic these races are for the driver, spotter, and crew chief.

Keselowski made contact with Ryan Blaney and slowed him down. Blaney then got run over by Stenhouse who turned him into the wall. Caution #5

CRASH CITY!!! Jr gets through, Elliot,Almendinger, airborne, 10 or so cars in it. And yes, cue the jokes about Hooters

EDIT: Tree'd 🤬 it

Looks like Furniture Row Racing got completely erased, and that head on shot of the accident is gonna be on Youtube for a long time I'm sure

Danica had another really hard hit. Don't like those inside walls that jut outwards.

Danica and the inside SuperSpeedway walls, common things nowadays.
Allmendinger could've hold his momentum, he wasn't under pressure from Harvick or anything.

Something random: I still haven't adapted to Edwards retiring at the start of the season. I'm watching NASCAR as a fan of the racing, not of any driver. It's a different experience altogether. Haven't been able to choose a new favorite driver, none has captivated me so far.

Jr to pit road with a loose wheel or something. Out of contention. 🤬

Edit: Caution out. Jr. is the first car one lap down. So he'll get the free pass. It's a long shot, but you never know... Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Junior is the lucky dog and had only 1 lug nut tight on the left rear.

And caution!

Pitting for wheel spacers when pits open.

Jr. said he had that feeling all day. I'm amazed he didn't wreck then if he'd dealt with what felt like a loose wheel for pretty much the entire race.

I commented with my father that Danica was having that Ryan Newman luck on SuperSpeedways... guess who hit the wall to bring out the last caution?

STENHOUSE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

WHAT A 🤬 MOVE ON BUSCH, HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 🤬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Something random: I still haven't adapted to Edwards retiring at the start of the season. I'm watching NASCAR as a fan of the racing, not of any driver. It's a different experience altogether. Haven't been able to choose a new favorite driver, none has captivated me so far.

Seeing Stenhouse wins made me way too happy than it would last year for example. I guess this helps!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE ACTUALLY WON!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! HAHA!!

Back