2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
San Jose I think is off the table since the Giants fought hard to consider San Jose apart of it's media market.

From what I have read in regards to the A's, it is Oakland or bust. They can build in the lot of O.co, or there is the waterfront stadium they keep going on about.
Then I imagine there's three mandates: Baseball-only stadium, on the cheap, with really good plumbing.

I still maintain they could simply be "The Raiders" officially and still cover Oakland, LA, Vegas, and wherever else is there.

It sounds odd today, but I think with time I'll be able to be ok with it. Calling them simply "The Raiders" is not a bad idea, either. I feel sorry for the fanbase in Oakland, but I want to believe the move was made to make a stronger, more competitive team.

Also, the Coliseum is that bad? I mean, comparing it to half of what we call "Stadiums" here in Mexico it looks quite ok.

I'm staying loyal no matter what.

Last edited:

It sounds odd today, but I think with time I'll be able to be ok with it. Calling them simply "The Raiders" is not a bad idea, either. I feel sorry for the fanbase in Oakland, but I want to believe the move was made to make a stronger, more competitive team.

Also, the Colliseum is that bad? I mean, comparing it to half of what we call "Stadiums" here in Mexico it looks quite ok.

I'm staying loyal no matter what.
That place has had major plumbing problems for years.

That place has had major plumbing problems for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...are-its-latest-victim/?utm_term=.fffe59a49b08

This is in 2016 mind you.

On the topic of O.co and the Athletics, basically, the A's have two really good options: there is rebuilding on the site of O.co, and then the waterfront stadium. Demolishing and rebuilding O.co would be beneficial because it allows the A's to have ample parking and easy BART access, which is present even now:

t0d6n7M.png

The waterfront site, however, will exercise the demons of having to be in O.co for the past twenty years or so, and it fits better into the plans of Dave Kaval (The new owner of the A's) of wanting to create a ballpark village which is all the rage for baseball park designs nowadays.

Tony Romo found a new team. That team? CBS. He retired from football and will be an analyst for CBS NFL football. This means teams looking for a more-than-decent quarterback, like my Texans, will have to look for help elsewhere.

That said, allow me to wish Tony Romo the best in his retirement from playing football.

I really hope Romo adds some excitement to that primetime CBS commentary crew, since apparently he is replacing Phil Simms. Simms just does not do it for me. Nor does Jim Nantz, who just seems like he has no energy, like he's calling the Masters still.

Out of the three main networks and their primetime crews, I would rank them as:

1: NBC (This isn't going to change, when they have Al Michaels retire they'll slot Mike Tirico in, and he is fantastic)
2: FOX (I actually like Joe Buck a lot, but that's because I am a casual Canadian watcher, and I believe he has addressed every single criticism levied against him with regards to baseball and football)
3: CBS

Another Dallas QB whose opinion I need to hear constantly? No thanks.

I liked Romo better when he was lying on the field crying or getting his collarbone broken by the Giants' defensive ends.

Yeah. Romo himself even had Houston as his favorite should he get shipped off. Now THIS happens, and our QB problems just got that much more problematic. If I were the Texans, I'd hand the keys to the car to Tom Savage. I'm not real sure who the better QBs are in this year's Draft. I'm sure my Texans will figure something out on the front of QB.

Another Dallas QB whose opinion I need to hear constantly? No thanks.

I liked Romo better when he was lying on the field crying or getting his collarbone broken by the Giants' defensive ends.
They could replace the "its what I said I said but only said to myself with the voice in my head" Simms with a Alexa device and it would be a improvement.

Fair replacement. Replacing Simms, an expert in interceptions, with Romo who himself is an expert in interceptions. :lol:

As for Aikman, he'd be a million times better if he wasn't paired with Joe Buck. I'd rather listen to a rock than listen to Joe Buck.

I read on CBS Sports Network that the Buffalo Bills signed former Houston Texans QB T.J. Yates. Best of luck to T.J. Yates with the Bills.

My heart is heavy for Steelers Nation, as I read on Twitter that Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney has died. My thoughts and prayers go out to all whom known and loved Dan Rooney. He was 84 years old at the time of his passing.

Andre Johnson signed a one-day contract with the Houston Texans to retire a Texan. I'm proud for him. Andre Johnson was beast. A very solid receiver whom I honestly thought could be like... Super Bowl MVP-style great. He's going to the Hall of Fame. Thank you, Andre Johnson. People are even using hashtags like "#ThankYouAndre" for his retiring.

Guess this is an appropriate place to post this, but former New England Patrio, Aaron Hernandez has been found dead in his jail cell.

Source

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

Hernandez began to talk more. Talk to whomever was around him – lawyers and court officers and courthouse workers and the few confidants who dared to show their faces. He’d always been an engaged defendant and a defiant presence, but this was different. Maybe it was four years penned up. Maybe it was the realization that this, sitting inside a courtroom, was the most contact from the outside he’d ever again get. Maybe it was a sign of what was to come, years and years, decades and decades of emptiness and regret.

So Hernandez began to talk, especially about the world that was barreling along without him. Not much, but something. From the weather to the NFL news to how his old college teammate Tim Tebow was attempting a baseball career to the traffic on the highways to and from prison. He was open to small talk.

Every day Hernandez would show up in Courtroom 906 in downtown Boston and confront a few rows of family and friends of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, who he was charged with killing one Boston summer night in 2012. There were parents and cousins and wives and friends and an entire close-knit community of Abreus and Furtados who showed up everyday in court to support each other.

He’d talk about that, too.

A couple months back, across the street from Suffolk County Court, a million Patriots fans turned out for a parade and rally on the bricked expanse in front of Boston’s city hall. It was the second Super Bowl won without him. Now, none still cared for him. Most just cursed him.

Four years later, though, the pressure finally got to Aaron Hernandez. The outward toughness was but a charade. Everyone else was moving on with their life, too busy or humiliated or angry with him to even show up and support him. He was sitting in a courtroom, staring at devastated families, staring at true love and loyalty, and his only buddies were the legal team paid to represent him.

“Pretty sad,” he joked to one person who was with him across the trial. Except no one laughed.

Soon he was dead, incapable of facing the future he chose, he carved out, he coveted. Soon he was gone, running from reality, crushing Shay and their daughter, the only two left who still cared.

Soon it ended for Aaron Hernandez, the tragic star of the NFL, who had it all and chose evil, who was given everything but delivered misery; a monster, in the middle of the night, dangling from a prison bedsheet.

Yep. College players' lives are going to be changed forever granted they get drafted starting tonight. Hope your teams get what they really need heading into the 2017 season.

If the Browns draft a QB, I'mma bust a gut. :lol:

Edit: Welp, guess they actually did something smart for once. :odd:

Edit edit: CHICAGO TAKES TRUBISKY?! :eek:

Last edited:
Back