2017 NFL Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 592 comments
The Houston Texans were probably playing with some heavy hearts with Tropical Storm Harvey. Because of bad weather, I was unable to see most of the game live. We still lost 13-0 at New Orleans. It was about 3-0 in favor of the Saints or so after one half. Our Preseason finale is home against the Dallas Cowboys. The real concern will be if we can actually get this game going here in Houston considering the fury Harvey unleashed in my area. That game is still maybe a week and change away. So anything can change at a moment's notice.

The Patriots will be without Julian Edelman this year since tore his ACL in the game against the Lions.
Now make sure you draft Chris Hogan in fantasy. It doesn't matter which year or which white guy they line up in the slot; Welker, Amendola, Edelman, Hogan... Belichick and Brady will hit them often.

Now make sure you draft Chris Hogan in fantasy. It doesn't matter which year or which white guy they line up in the slot; Welker, Amendola, Edelman, Hogan... Belichick and Brady will hit them often.

I figured Cooks will probably get most of the work now so I drafted him.

And I'm not so sure about Brady, he's on the cover of Madden, that's usually not a good sign.

I figured Cooks will probably get most of the work now so I drafted him.

Brady hasn't really relied on a prolific, speed wide out since Moss. He has favored the slot WRs and tight ends the 2nd half of his career. Offseason addition Dwayne Allen will be a really good option with all the attention on Gronk, assuming Gronk can stay on the field.

And I'm not so sure about Brady, he's on the cover of Madden, that's usually not a good sign.
I forgot about the Madden curse! I'd love to see Brady get benched for Garropolo and then he never starts a game again. Then he would know how Bledsoe felt.

I learned the final Preseason game for the Houston Texans will be at the Dallas Cowboys because of Hurricane Harvey's impact to Houston. It was to be scheduled here in Houston. I'm pretty sure things will all be sorted out come our season opener on September 10 against Jacksonville.

The Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans game went from moved to Arlington to now canceled, all as a result of Hurricane Harvey. So the Texans will end the 2017 Preseason at 1-2. Our first regular season game will be on September 10 in Houston as we host the Jacksonville Jaguars. Hopefully times will be better so we can host this game and have our strong fan base cheer on the Texans here in Houston. Believe it or not, even our rivals- the team formerly known as the Houston Oilers- the Tennessee Titans, offered their support to the Texans. Fine gesture.

Earlier this week, the Houston Texans said "we're dedicating this season to the city of Houston." This is almost sort of like when the New Orleans Saints got their determination and pride after the likes of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Houston surely has something to play for and surely has some motivation this upcoming season.

I when first saw what Merriam-Webster did I was like what the heck? And now that I actually had time to read up on what was going on, I do find this pretty funny.

The Houston Texans finally decided to offer their players extensions. DeAndre Hopkins got signed to a five-year extension. Jay Prosch got a three year extension along with C.J. Fiedorowicz. Texans getting paid. Paaaaaid.

On a more serious note, J.J. Watt has been raising all kinds of money in Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Lots of other teams and personalities are pitching in also. I surely am pleased at the benevolence in raising all kinds of money to help out in restoring this great city back to its former glory.

I heard on the radio this morning that Ezekiel Elliott, the NFLPA and his legal team have requested a restraining order against Goodell and his appointed arbitrator. They claim they are being harassed and mistreated by the NFL execs.

The appeal proceedings have apparently taken some crazy turns this week. There is a rumor that the NFL not only ignored evidence but they also only had one of the four external experts interview the victim of the alleged assault. That expert testified that she would not have concluded that a suspension for Elliott was necessary. The longer this drags on, the better for Zeke and it sounds like he will get to face the Giants in Week 1.

Elliott, who seeks a reversal of the suspension, argues that NFL Director of Investigations Kia Roberts concluded that Thompson “was not credible in her allegations of abuse,” and that insufficient evidence existed to corroborate her claims. Elliott alleges that the opinions of Kia Roberts were concealed from critical aspects of the disciplinary process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ges-existence-of-a-conspiracy-to-suspend-him/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ott-filed-suit-first-to-avoid-second-circuit/

Brady still cheated though.:lol:

Do any of you think that this is the year that Brady finally falls of the cliff, similar to Favre and Manning? He's at about the same age that both of them dropped off at, but, he doesn't have the wear and tear that either of them had.

Thoughts on the Bills: headed for an absolute dreadful season. Honestly in a race to the bottom with the Jets. At the beginning of camp, I felt like they had some shot at 8-8, with a likely chance they go 6-10 or completely fall off and go 4-12. Now, they'll be lucky to win 4 games. Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. A high pick means nothing when this team has a history of picking mediocre players in the first round in the past 10 years (Aaron Maybin, CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, Leodis McKelvin). But at the same time there's no point in convincing yourself and your fanbase that you can actually win games when you clearly can't.

Tyrod Taylor is an extremely underrated QB, and hardly anyone apart of the Bills fanbase seems to realize it. He's a solid QB, but he never takes a risk, which is why he has such a good TD/INT ratio for being on such a crap team. He always looks super relaxed in the pocket and his deep ball is pretty on point, but he doesn't have a receiver to throw it to. With the lack of deep threat receivers and the poor offensive line, he's set up to fail.

The general consensus for Bills fans is bench Taylor play Peterman.

Do any of you think that this is the year that Brady finally falls of the cliff, similar to Favre and Manning? He's at about the same age that both of them dropped off at, but, he doesn't have the wear and tear that either of them had.

Yes, I do think he will regress this year. I think that his suspension last season was a blessing in disguise for him. He got 4 weeks added to his offseason/reduced from the regular season grind and you could tell in the playoffs that he was not nearly as fatigued as other years. Playing a full season this year will take its toll on him.

As for the Bills, I am high on Taylor and have been since his days at VTech. I drafted him in fantasy football last year and I did so again this year in one league. It sounded like he would be with a new team this season after the Bills benched him for the final game of last gameseason. It was to prevent him from earning some playing or contract bonuses right?

I heard Peterman looked bad in preseason from my local sports radio so I hope Taylor isn't benched. I know he is yet to clear the concussion protocol to play this week but they said he has been practicing.

My head is telling me that while the Patriots are all but assured a Super Bowl run this year, they'll lose in much the same way the Seahawks lost Super Bowl 49. Current pick for the NFC represenative are the Falcons getting revenge for last year.

Dark horse pick is the Bucs, groan inducing is the Packers (purely for two solid weeks of nonstop gushing on all the sports networks). Eli's also overdue to extend his streak to 3-0.

As for the Bills, I am high on Taylor and have been since his days at VTech. I drafted him in fantasy football last year and I did so again this year in one league. It sounded like he would be with a new team this season after the Bills benched him for the final game of last gameseason. It was to prevent him from earning some playing or contract bonuses right?

He had a clause in his contract that said if he were to have a major injury that caused him to fail a physical, he would get $30 million guaranteed. So they benched him in case something major happened week 17. He also had a minor injury, but he probably could've played through it. Tyrod also had a first-year team option of his six year contract, the Bills declined it and wanted to renegotiate.

I also think they sat him to see if EJ was worth keeping, but it definitely wasn't the main reason.

I heard Peterman looked bad in preseason from my local sports radio so I hope Taylor isn't benched. I know he is yet to clear the concussion protocol to play this week but they said he has been practicing.

Tyrod was just cleared a few hours ago, so he's good to go.

The 2017 NFL Season is coming! Hope you folks are ready to get a new season going!

Now for less than happy news. I am hearing the Buccaneers at Dolphins game will not be played in Miami in advance of Hurricane Irma. The game has been moved to Week 11 of the season. The Jacksonville Jaguars will be playing at my Houston Texans. So the start of the season may be a troublesome one especially for all three of Florida's NFL teams.

Enjoy the new season! Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

[UPDATE] The BUF at MIA game has been moved to Week 11. Edits made.

Last edited:
Get psyched, GTPlanet! The 2017 NFL Season begins in anger starting tonight!

The first meaningful game of the 2017 NFL Season will be in Foxboro, Massachusetts as the New England Patriots host the Kansas City Chiefs. Yeah. No more Preseason- every game (excluding the Pro Bowl) is towards the opportunity to play in this season's Super Bowl in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We're all undefeated again... until one of these teams fall (pending a draw).

Enjoy this first game of the season if you'll be watching!

Ezekiel Elliot's suspension has been upheld.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Lead investigator outright said to not suspend, but what does he know?:rolleyes:

It's all about 'fighting the good fight' to save the face of the NFL. Thats why Zeke is still gonna get 6. But why let him play week 1? Glad you asked! It's all about the Benjamins and selling that 'Giants beat them twice last year' for that all important Sunday Night Football game. Only the NFL would allow Zeke to play week 1 to ensure high ratings, then turn around and slam him for the full 6 to look good in the eyes of women/public. >_<

Jerome

^ Exactly. I'll have to mute the game Sunday night because all they will be talking about is serial criminal "Eze" Elliott and cry baby OBJ's ankle. I just hope the game on the field is good. And by good, I mean Elliott has 15 carries for 40 yards again like the other games he had against the Giants and Brandon Marshall has 3 TDs.

And speaking of Eze, here is an interesting article about him and another college player who trademarked their own nicknames. Is it a coincidence that they are on the same team (America's) now?

^ Exactly. I'll have to mute the game Sunday night because all they will be talking about is serial criminal "Eze" Elliott and cry baby OBJ's ankle. I just hope the game on the field is good. And by good, I mean Elliott has 15 carries for 40 yards again like the other games he had against the Giants and Brandon Marshall has 3 TDs.

And speaking of Eze, here is an interesting article about him and another college player who trademarked their own nicknames. Is it a coincidence that they are on the same team (America's) now?

I've got OBJ in a couple of FFLs and Marshall in my 3rd. I didn't pick up Shepard 'cause I'm not sure how much attention he will get now that we added a 'real' TE in Evan Engram *shrug* So long as my G-Men win, I'll be happy so I can stick it to the 90's bandwagoning Cowboys fans lol

Jerome

I just wish Beckham would grow up, shut his mouth and play football. It's hard to deny his talent but it's also hard to listen to him run his mouth and complain all the time.

I'm glad he hasn't stooped to the criminal level like some other players in the league but I think at this point, he has shown enough immaturity to not guarantee a contract extension with the Giants.

Pats will probably end up winning the Super Bowl again, even if Brady gets crushed with the Madden curse and Gronk literally falls apart on the field. I hate that team, but I can't deny they're amazingly talented.

With Elliot, I'm glad his suspension was upheld. The NFL can't afford another Ray Rice situation.

I still cannot understand why NBC has Mike Tirico but doesn't use him as a play-by-play announcer for their NFL broadcasts.

Back